• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early to mid thirties

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem like a lot of people in their early to mid thirties low-key struggle.

Obviously everyone of every age struggle, but it seems like the 30ish people are just extra weirdly insecure.

First off both men and women are no longer physically in their primes, like your metabolism starts to slow. Average men are no longer as athletic and women are less desired.

Also you are supposed to have it all figured out by now. Like if you don’t have the savings, the house, car, wife and maybe kids on the way then social media makes you feel like you are way behind what is “supposed” to be happening.

Like that average American statistics thread where everyone is laughing at all these failures but that’s literally the average/normal person. But “oh no that’s not me I’m way better than that”

Hahah idk im going off on a tangent but yeah it seems like I see a lot of my peers who were doing ok before struggling now. As an athlete the time crunch pressure is magnified but for average life stuff it’s the same.

Sorry for the dear diary rant but I was wondering since everyone on here old af remembers being in their 30’s

i feel like early to mid thirties is when reality starts to set in. People in their 20's just assume life will work itself out on its own and they have fun without too many cares. Then in your thirties, all the sudden people realize they dont have a steady career, a home, a family or whatever other goals they assumed would just fall into place and they go into panic mode. I know I did lol.

I'm not sure. I'm in my late 30s meow and it's largely been the opposite for me. I feel like I settled into myself so to speak in my 30s. The only downside is having a very good grasp on the reality of mortality. That's a plus and a minus.

i feel like early to mid thirties is when reality starts to set in. People in their 20's just assume life will work itself out on its own and they have fun without too many cares. Then in your thirties, all the sudden people realize they dont have a steady career, a home, a family or whatever other goals they assumed would just fall into place and they go into panic mode. I know I did lol.
This. Life just starts to move faster as you get older. I remember when I turned 30 a coworker said "you'll be 40 before you know it" How right he was.

Is it me or does it seem like a lot of people in their early to mid thirties low-key struggle.

Obviously everyone of every age struggle, but it seems like the 30ish people are just extra weirdly insecure.

First off both men and women are no longer physically in their primes, like your metabolism starts to slow. Average men are no longer as athletic and women are less desired.

Also you are supposed to have it all figured out by now. Like if you don’t have the savings, the house, car, wife and maybe kids on the way then social media makes you feel like you are way behind what is “supposed” to be happening.

Like that average American statistics thread where everyone is laughing at all these failures but that’s literally the average/normal person. But “oh no that’s not me I’m way better than that”

Hahah idk im going off on a tangent but yeah it seems like I see a lot of my peers who were doing ok before struggling now. As an athlete the time crunch pressure is magnified but for average life stuff it’s the same.

Sorry for the dear diary rant but I was wondering since everyone on here old af remembers being in their 30’s
It has to be very difficult for young people to get started these days. I bought a house when I was 25. I had gone to college and came out with no debt. A small house cost about what I made in a year. Now houses cost many times what a person makes in a year as earnings haven't kept up with prices. Rent is so high that it's impossible to save money for a down payment.

NOpe not at all.My prime was 32-37. Still quite young, you get career opportunities, you have some experience, etc.

But I think that Murrkan society is much less forgiving at high levels and more competitive in all aspects. That's why so many americans are burned out on meds at 40.

Hang out with different people. Pigeonholing an age group is not an accurate narrative.

I feel like 30 should really be the best years of your life as long as you didn't fuck around too much in your 20's. I know a few people who are struggling right now and I can't see it getting any better for them in their 30's, just too much misspent time.

I'm just coming into 30 in a few months and I'm hoping that all the hard work I put in my 20's gives me a big more flexibility and time for myself. I grinded pretty hard in my late 20's though. Also hoping to have a family in the next year or two which I'm hoping is going to just enahnce life.

As long as you didn't completely fuck up your 20's (or even if you did), early to mid 30's is prime age for a man. If you're single and in decent shape, women will want you and you're young enough to still party with the 20-somethings if that's your thing. But unlike your 20's, you'll actually have some life experience and have a clue.

I admittedly had a very laissez faire attitude toward my career in my 20's. Was more interested in training BJJ and doing whatever else I wanted.

In my 30's I finally got serious and started pushing in my career, but found myself in a spot where I didn't feel like I was valued or appreciated. Got passed over for promotions, etc.

When I was 40 I switched things up and I'm finally getting to where I want to be. However, I still feel regret because I feel like it took me 15 years too long to get here. Wasted a lot of time and earnings.

I doubt very many people truly "nail it" in life the way they wanted to. I think all we can do is try our best in the moment.

I'll be 36 in a few weeks. Everything in my life is at its peak, except for the fact that I don't train BJJ consistently anymore.

This is because you're now a middle-aged woman pharmacologist from the 1960's when BJJ wasn't really a thing outside of Brazil. I suggest taking up Judo and the kosen ruleset in particular.

Back