Early stoppage

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one mentions it. It was. Can you imagine if fights were stopped like that when someone was hurt on feet? It would be called boxing, not MMA.

I still won't ever forget Herb standing up GG and CC when GG was rearranging CC's face with his elbow, which led to CC getting ktfo cuz his vision was blurry from those blows. And the list goes on. Crocop is back, biatches!

It was looking pretty bad for Rousey, but you can't stop a fight just because of that. You have to intelligently defend yourself, but in a combat fight, especially when you are standing up, you get lit up at times but you have to be allowed to fight through it and you do. One thing is to get into exchanges and get hurt and be wobbly on feet and have punches go through , and whole another to not defend yourself intelligently defend yourself against significant damage for considerable amount of time.

I mean, I never bought into Ronda's hype or anything to do with WMMA, and it was sickening what Ronda was being made out to be, but seriously, it's even more uncool that so many people just abandon her bandwaggon which seemed full of people after two losses and just kick someone when she's down.

She was getting lit up like some Christmas tree, and no it wasn't looking good at all, but it was an early stoppage. Like, no doubt. I have been on here a long time and I don't think I ever made a thread about early stoppage, because well, it can be a judgemental call either way and can be difficult to know exactly when to stop, and who gives a fuck it happened and nothing will change, but usually when there is a questionable stoppage, there's usually a thread or two about it, but there's none.

Perfect stoppage.

She was done long before, just receiving damage without defending herself in any way.

Wow. You're the first person to address this 'issue'. Not a single thread was created about it after the fight.

Wow. You're the first person to address this issue. Not a single thread was created about it after the fight.

Shut the fuck up and tell us how Rousey is gunna dominate again. Bwahahaha. Fucking classic.

Ronda was done, you know it, I know it, everyone that watched that fight knows it.

Nunes was hitting her hard at will, if Herb didn't stop it there it was only a few more punches before Ronda was face down on the ground. Ronda wasn't defending herself at all, hell the forces from Nune's punches knocking her back and around were probably more defensive for Ronda than anything she did with her own free will.

Wow. You're the first person to address this 'issue'. Not a single thread was created about it after the fight.

Sarcasm detected, don't see any myself

Ronda was practically unconscious on her feet.

Let's be real, the only ppl that would have benefitted from late stoppage Herb, would have been all the shoppers and how much gold 10s of Nunes dominating would have generated.

Herb saved her from unnecessary damage. You saw her, she could hardly stand and didn't know where she was.

Let's be real, the only ppl that would have benefitted from late stoppage Herb, would have been all the shoppers and how much gold 10s of Nunes dominating would have generated.

She was right on the verge of going to sleep and Herb had to deny us that gold.

She was not going to recover from that onslaught. Additionally, Amanda was not going to get tired, because she was picking her shots with lethal precision on a defenseless target.

The memes and the jokes were just going to be so much worse.

Compare that to Korean Superboy, who was able to still be dangerous while getting tagged by Cub Swanson and vice versa. There is a big difference.

The stoppage was fine..... That goes 10 more seconds and Ronda is in a coma..

It was warranted and 100% legit. She was out on her feet and had no business being in there with Nunes

another minute she would have looked like meisha did

I don't like really don's like Rousey, but that was hard too watch. It looked like a male beating a defenseless women.

Back