Early 2000s Mike Tyson vs Prime Roy Jones Jr

Mmmm.

Probably roy?

I mean...mike was getting outboxed by botha in like 2000 before he hit him with that brutal right.

I suppose there is always a chance mike catches him even at that point

But probably roy

Old Tyson has nothing for Prime Roy.

Roy is taller and has a 3 inch reach advantage.

Young Tyson's speed at HW would be no match up for lightning fast prime Roy, let alone old Tyson.

Roy pot shots his way to a decision.

RJJ widely and easily.

If Mike Tyson and Prime Jones Jr fought it would be something.
But, in a hypothetical like this you know that Wlad Klitschko would have to be in attendance.
The simple presense of Wlad would clearly terrify both Tyson and Jones. There is a huge error with this hypothetical in the fact that if Wlad is in the crowd the fight would never even start, because Tyson and Jones would be too fearful to leave their dressing rooms.

But, in a hypothetical like this you know that Wlad Klitschko would have to be in attendance.
The simple presense of Wlad would clearly terrify both Tyson and Jones. There is a huge error with this hypothetical in the fact that if Wlad is in the crowd the fight would never even start, because Tyson and Jones would be too fearful to leave their dressing rooms.
At this point in time, Vitali would've been the one to be afraid of, not Wlad.

I remember Spinks being afraid to leave his dressing room against Tyson. Not sure Klit inspires that kind of fear.

Tyson circa the Golota or maybe even Lewis fight would have still been fairly dangerous for Roy at HW.

A prime Mike Tyson would had been too much for Roy. I see Roy outboxing him the first 3-4 rounds and eventually gets caught.
I think people give Roy to much credit for his win over John Ruiz.

Did somebody actually say prime Roy was too much for young Tyson? Old Tyson is even debatable, but Prime Mike would have ended Prime Jones.

Prime Roy with a year to put on some weight beats even the best version of Tyson.

Roy's chin is crap, most the guys he fought had a punchers chance... didn't do them a lick of good until he slowed down a bit.

Prime Roy could easily outbox Tyson.

But fuck me if he gets hit..

Id say odds are on Roy's side with his level 100 dogs skill.

I am a huge fan of RJJ and believe he was the most gifted fighter ever. At his best, he’s the favorite over anyone at 160-175. That said, there is no way in hell ANY version or Roy would beat, let alone survive a fight with prime Tyson.
I’d say the absolute best version of RJJ might beat the Danny Williams/McBride version of Tyson, but it would still be a dangerous fight, especially early.

Prime Roy with a year to put on some weight beats even the best version of Tyson.

Roy's chin is crap, most the guys he fought had a punchers chance... didn't do them a lick of good until he slowed down a bit.
No. Best version of Mike was just like best version of Roy. A freak of nature unlike anything anyone ever saw before, ridiculous to think Roy would have survived a bigger meaner version of himself.

Was always curious how a Tyson-caliber peek a boo would stack up to Jones Jr-caliber out-boxer stylistically.

old tyson probably gets boxed up, but young mike decapitates him.

Back