News Eagle FC 42

Renat Khavalov vs. Patrizio de Souza - EFC Bantamweight Championship

• Total voters
Thanks bro. I missed this and tuned in half way through but I rewinded and just finished the whole thing.

That was a.... fight. Glad to see Alex get his hand raised. Dude looks like he's withered a storm at this point (pun intended).
Well, actually whole thing ended just like a 2 minutes ago. Nurgozhay vs. Magomedov was the final fight of event.

If anyone interested Guseinov after the fight was saying that he is ready for 2 more rounds and talking about fighting Shlemenko backstage (during that speech cornerman of Shlemenko, Podmarev was near Artur and by the look on his face he was very close to punch Artur; Koreshkov's face was like "the hell wrong with you, you freak?"). Also was talking that he arrived to hotel room at 1:00 in the morning and joked that reason for weight missing was Gorilla energy drink (Khabib has contract with them and they sponsor his events and after last fight of Guseinov it was a news that Gorilla signed him to some deal and pays him money).

According to Khabib Shlemenko has another fight on contract and MW champ Odilov fights in December so Shlemenko will fight him in March of 2022 and maybe after that Guseinov will be on a winning streak and he will make another Shlemenko-Guseinov fight. Which is kinda interesting since if I remember it right Shlemenko said yesterday that he doesn't have contract, agreement is based on words.

If anyone interested Guseinov after the fight was saying that he is ready for 2 more rounds and talking about fighting Shlemenko backstage (during that speech cornerman of Shlemenko, Podmarev was near Artur and by the look on his face he was very close to punch Artur; Koreshkov's face was like "the hell wrong with you, you freak?"). Also was talking that he arrived to hotel room at 1:00 in the morning and joked that reason for weight missing was Gorilla energy drink (Khabib has contract with them and they sponsor his events and after last fight of Guseinov it was a news that Gorilla signed him to some deal and pays him money).

According to Khabib Shlemenko has another fight on contract and MW champ Odilov fights in December so Shlemenko will fight him in March of 2022 and maybe after that Guseinov will be on a winning streak and he will make another Shlemenko-Guseinov fight. Which is kinda interesting since if I remember it right Shlemenko said yesterday that he doesn't have contract, agreement is based on words.
Russian mma is hands down the most entertaining behind the scenes. No fake drama like in the UFC

Didn't read through cuz I didn't want to have spoilers but hopefully this is still up and I can watch it!

Russian mma is hands down the most entertaining behind the scenes. No fake drama like in the UFC
I also forgot one thing -- journalist Lyutikov didn't get accreditation for this event.
Back in 2020 when Khabib was in Russia and shoot that video (I can't fight Ferguson because there is no flights to US) Lyutikov was the one who debunked Khabib's words -- there were flights to US, at that day Khabib shoot/released his video (it was Monday), another flight at Wednesday and another one or even two at Thursday. At that time someone claiming to be Khabib's relative called Lyutikov and threatened him, as far as I remember Khabib still didn't commented words of that relative and whole situation.

Also, Russian commentators said that EFC champs with one title defense is able to go to UFC, so Khavalov fits that criteria.

Last edited:
If you are interested, drama from last weeks.
Shimon Smotritsky in interview with Israeli media said that a lot of Russian (but not all) are anti-semites and in Russia he trained at barn. Journalist says that this barn is a multi-level gym. but also mentions that seems like to pfighters like Yan and others prefer to prepare for their big fights in other places.

Some Dagestani mma fighter (with record like 2-2) posted video of him serving in army and soccer kicking guy (maybe during sparring?). There were also some illegal stuff, if I remember it right with him taking photos with weapons in city (like, he illegally took it from base) and taking photos/videos of base which became illegal a couple of years ago.

Fedor's words about Shlemenko. Said in interview that he was surprised Tokov didn't finished Shlemenko. When journalist said that Shlem is a top fighter, answered that he is a top for journalist, while Fedor knows Tokov and trains with him and also he once meet Shlemenko and talked with him and based on this and what kind of advices Shlemenko wanted from Fedor, Fedor learned that Tokov is superior. Seems like Shlemenko wasn't offended but refused to reveal what advices he wanted and what he said to Fedor that Fedor thinks that Tokov is a superior fighter.

Movie director, friend of Taktarov was interviewed about their trip to Dagestan. Oleg mentioned a few times that Khabib kidnapped his friend and that's why their relationship has worsened. Says that Khabib crew found his photos with McGregor on social media, separated him from Oleg, a took a trip to a forest with Khabib and his 3 friends on a car. Interrogated (kind of) him, took and deleted stuff he shoot in Dagestan.

I also forgot one thing -- journalist Lyutikov didn't get accreditation for this event.
Back in 2020 when Khabib was in Russia and shoot that video (I can't fight Ferguson because there is no flights to US) Lyutikov was the one who debunked Khabib's words -- there were flights to US, at that day Khabib shoot/released his video (it was Monday), another flight at Wednesday and another one or even two at Thursday. At that time someone claiming to be Khabib's relative called Lyutikov and threatened him, as far as I remember Khabib still didn't commented words of that relative and whole situation.

Also, Russian commentators said that EFC champs with one title defense is able to go to UFC, so Khavalov fits that criteria.

lol can tell Khabib has been getting lessons in how to promote from Dana then.

This is an example of blatant misinformation being shared
Well, those who watched event already aware that he got yellow card = point deduction. And I've seen info that Guseinov was fined 30 % of his purse (15 % goes to Shlemenko, where goes another 15 % I don't know).

If anyone is interested, Shlemenko said that he broke his hand in this fight.
Also, from what I gathered from interviews and cliffs/comments -- Shlemenko planned to fight at RCC event in December, then in 2022 titleshot in EFC and after that fight versus AMC FN champ, like a multipromotional belts unification bout. With broken hand, seems like at least fight in RCC is not happening.

Regarding Khavalov and UFC Khabib said that he has 2 fights left on his EFC contract and Renat stays there and maybe after that something with UFC might happen.

Also there is EFC Selection 3 event that starts in 14 hours and 58 minutes, will be broadcasted on Youtube. Not sure where you can find fightcard and also seems like this time fighters learned who is their opponents at weigh-in (not a fuck up from promotion, seems like this is the concept behind at least this event).

Also there is EFC Selection 3 event that starts in 14 hours and 58 minutes, will be broadcasted on Youtube. Not sure where you can find fightcard and also seems like this time fighters learned who is their opponents at weigh-in (not a fuck up from promotion, seems like this is the concept behind at least this event).

[MMA]
EFC Selection 3
Russia
10/30
Main Card – YouTube – 8:00am ET / 5:00am PT (Time Not Confirmed)

The live stream will be available on the official YOUTUBE channel of the EAGLE FC league.

On October 30 at 17:00 Moscow time we meet live on the league's official YOUTUBE channel and watch 14 fights where bright, young fighters from Russia will meet.

10:00 AM Saturday, Eastern Time (ET)

Guess I'll Tandem it with UFC on the Big Screen.

Last edited:
Back