EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Chokes, like any subs, are pretty much useless unless you have an elite grappler AND sub switch lol. You can have Maia against Mike Perry, you aren't going to submit your opponent unless you hit a sub switch. Its garbage.

There are a lot of problems. You really can't drain your opponents stamina on the ground unless they spam transitions, which only complete noobs do. So where are the sub opportunities? How do you create them? It feels impossible unless you face completely clueless grapplers. Your only hope is to get to mount and hope your opponent doesn't know the easy escape.

I get subs all the time. I mean of course if someone has full stamina it will be difficult and should.

I get subs all the time. I mean of course if someone has full stamina it will be difficult and should.

What point level are you at out of curiousity?

I never see subs in this game, UFC 2 it was a viable strategy but in this one unless someone has mastered Brian Ortega flying subs or something I just never see it. Attempts rarely make it past the first couple stages whether Im attempting them or defending them... nobody gasses themselves on the ground really.

Somewhere between 1400-1500(I honestly quit if a match is laggy or it’s a mirror). All the top players like find the door, Rommel, etc are grapplers and I see them get subs a lot. But yea most good players just stall out for stand ups. Which brings me to my OP of how grappling should count more in the scoring department

Somewhere between 1400-1500(I honestly quit if a match is laggy or it’s a mirror). All the top players like find the door, Rommel, etc are grapplers and I see them get subs a lot. But yea most good players just stall out for stand ups. Which brings me to my OP of how grappling should count more in the scoring department

Well find the door and big cee type guys are different. They will sub you with full stamina and are very good at the mini game, and block every single transition lol. But I never see anyone outside a couple very specialized players even attempting subs let along completing them.

I do agree that grappling should count more BUT the new MMA scoring rules are that damage counts the most. So I can see why rocking someone on the feet is more important than a couple minutes of control for the scoring, but IMO it just goes back more to the problems with the ground mechanics. If it was easier to get TD's, and easier to do some damage on top then you could feasibly do enough damage to take back the round after getting dropped. Its hard against a good opponent though. There are so many safe positions on the bottom where you don't need to worry at all.

Slightly off topic but I wrote to Yukes asking whether a Bellator game is planned, they replied they can't disclose such information but I think that could turn out amazing.

I really hope this is true. Obviously they have a lot of fighters I'd like to play as but something I miss is sponsors in career mode. The Reebok deal has killed that for me and it was one of the things I had fun fucking with in career mode. Hope they can get rights to a bunch of the clothing and logos like American Ethanol and Dynamic Fastener that fighters still wear outside of UFC.

I really hope this is true. Obviously they have a lot of fighters I'd like to play as but something I miss is sponsors in career mode. The Reebok deal has killed that for me and it was one of the things I had fun fucking with in career mode. Hope they can get rights to a bunch of the clothing and logos like American Ethanol and Dynamic Fastener that fighters still wear outside of UFC.

<{clintugh}>

I can't be the only one who finds the clinch damn near impossible to defend if youre against the cage? I have no problem defending in the open but as soon as someone gets me against the cage it's impossible to defend. 1-2 clinch against when yore against the cage works everytime.

The way you have to reset on the R2 button every time someone throws a punch is just ridiculous, makes it impossible to defend clinches no matter in some situations as well it seems. Jab jab, impossible to defend clinch rinse repeat. They also don't punish people enough for running into punches when trying to clinch, should be rocked or clean KO'd every time. I've had guys run into 4-5 punch combos over and over going for clinch without so much as getting rocked.

Shouldn't have to reset your finger on R2 for every jab thrown. Ridiculous.

I can't be the only one who finds the clinch damn near impossible to defend if youre against the cage? I have no problem defending in the open but as soon as someone gets me against the cage it's impossible to defend. 1-2 clinch against when yore against the cage works everytime.

The way you have to reset on the R2 button every time someone throws a punch is just ridiculous, makes it impossible to defend clinches no matter in some situations as well it seems. Jab jab, impossible to defend clinch rinse repeat. They also don't punish people enough for running into punches when trying to clinch, should be rocked or clean KO'd every time. I've had guys run into 4-5 punch combos over and over going for clinch without so much as getting rocked.

Shouldn't have to reset your finger on R2 for every jab thrown. Ridiculous.

Grappling in general is definitely super unbalanced. Sometimes clinches seem undeniable, yet if you try to grab underhooks or something it takes like 30 seconds to complete the animation and it has probably like a 2% success rate lol. The single collar is instant though and yes even harder to avoid against he cage.

Then you can shoot a double when your opponent has zero stamina and is in the middle of a spinning back kick and they can still deny it.

I believe they said the next patch will address grappling, curious what they will do. Some things I would like
- Subs should be a little easier. Maybe less gates, or a mechanic to actually cause your opponent to lose some stamina on the ground so a sub attempt is viable.
- Fakes should work from all positions. Right now if you're in the top guard you can do like 5 quick transition fakes in a row, but if you try the same thing from bottom guard it doesn't work and you get stuffed and lose stamina. That should be a neutral position so fakes should work for both fighters.
- Back mount needs to be more dangerous in general. All back positions feel completely safe right now.
- Single collar entries should be more dangerous to attempt. If you get cracked trying for it, should be huge vulnerability.

Im sure there is other stuff that needs to be addressed

Grappling in general is definitely super unbalanced. Sometimes clinches seem undeniable, yet if you try to grab underhooks or something it takes like 30 seconds to complete the animation and it has probably like a 2% success rate lol. The single collar is instant though and yes even harder to avoid against he cage.

Then you can shoot a double when your opponent has zero stamina and is in the middle of a spinning back kick and they can still deny it.

I believe they said the next patch will address grappling, curious what they will do. Some things I would like
- Subs should be a little easier. Maybe less gates, or a mechanic to actually cause your opponent to lose some stamina on the ground so a sub attempt is viable.
- Fakes should work from all positions. Right now if you're in the top guard you can do like 5 quick transition fakes in a row, but if you try the same thing from bottom guard it doesn't work and you get stuffed and lose stamina. That should be a neutral position so fakes should work for both fighters.
- Back mount needs to be more dangerous in general. All back positions feel completely safe right now.
- Single collar entries should be more dangerous to attempt. If you get cracked trying for it, should be huge vulnerability.

My buddy was saying they should add scooting when youre on the ground and someone is on top of you so you can get towards the cage and get up and arent always stuck in one spot on the ground

Fakes are an issue I would love to see addressed. You should be able to do actual undeniable fakes on any transition. I get so frustrated when a fake is denied, the whole reason I did the fake was so that they would deny and instead I end up gassed and unable to even attempt an actual transition. I hate all the positions where you can only fake in one direction without getting denied, it makes it so easy to read and to deny if they go any other direction.

I would also like to see almost all the transitions go faster, some of the transitions have like a 3 second deny window. I have to predict when to dodge punches like 5 seconds early but they can deny transitions like 3 seconds late. It is the opposite of how it should be.

Been playing a lot of FNC on my 1 and it just makes the glaring flaws of this game stand out so much. There’s a variety of tools and mechanics to cater to every play style. Got a tall boxer? You can keep someone like Tyson at bay. Speedy boxer puncher? Patient counter boxer? They have it all and that’s a 7 year old game. This shit is nothing but march forward jab straight jab straight 2x uppercut. It’s a poor boxing game basically. Tall fighters like Jones or Rockhold are worthless. No real distance management tools. Kicks are have this ugly slow wind up step in animation, have no stopping power, and get blown up by strikes all the time. It just sucks. Every fight just looks the same like UFC 2 now. I had a fight against Juliana Pena that just disgusted me. She’s a terrible striker in real life and this guy had her looking like Joanna.

Been playing a lot of FNC on my 1 and it just makes the glaring flaws of this game stand out so much. There’s a variety of tools and mechanics to cater to every play style. Got a tall boxer? You can keep someone like Tyson at bay. Speedy boxer puncher? Patient counter boxer? They have it all and that’s a 7 year old game. This shit is nothing but march forward jab straight jab straight 2x uppercut. It’s a poor boxing game basically. Tall fighters like Jones or Rockhold are worthless. No real distance management tools. Kicks are have this ugly slow wind up step in animation, have no stopping power, and get blown up by strikes all the time. It just sucks. Every fight just looks the same like UFC 2 now. I had a fight against Juliana Pena that just disgusted me. She’s a terrible striker in real life and this guy had her looking like Joanna.

FNC is one of the best fighting games ever, maybe even the best. Great gameplay with a good single-player story mode.
I really hope they'll make another one soon.

One of my biggest frustrations in this game is the (lack of) speed when trying to throw strikes sometimes. It happens so many times that I'm fighting a McGregor or Joanna J online and I throw a bodykick from the outside, only to have such a long wind-up that I end up in their range eating a 4-shot combo before my foot even leaves the ground. Especially when fighting McGregor, that means you're getting rocked or dropped.

It also happens a lot that I'm on the outside and I want to throw a jab-headkick combination. Only when I do it, my fighter kicks to the body. I've seriously lost quite a lot of fights when I tried to throw a headkick, but my (unwanted) kick to the body was caught and countered with a punch that rocked me.

New patch incoming, lots of grappling buffs.

1. Added new single and double leg cage entries that play out any time you attempt a takedown when your opponent’s back is within two feet of the cage. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

2. Slow down head health regen on the ground to make GnP more threatening. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

3. Added a new "muscle modifier" while grappling. By pressing R1/RB you will speed up certain transitions at the cost of more stamina. Transitions include all getups from SUB positions, all posture ups from DOM positions, takedowns from single/double against the cage, sit out sweep from SUB backside, transition from SUB back flat to back mount. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

4. Added a positive taunt for all you online guys. LB/L1 modifier on any taunt direction. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

5. Added double under slam finishes to single/double leg cage positions giving players two directional options to bring the fight to the ground. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

6. Extend the length of time you keep the grapple advantage you earn when slipping a strike. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

7. Fix bug which was causing delayed grapple cancel animations from playing (ie fixed PS4 fakes). #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

8. Made the mighty wizbar and the kimura from SUB back clinch two stage submissions. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

9. Reduced stamina drain in back mount flat postured up and mount body lock positions. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

10. Speed up blocked strikes in back mount #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

11. Increased damage and increased speed for blocked strikes in stacked guard. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

12. Made the GA gained from blocking a strike while grappling expire after 1.5 seconds instead of being permanent. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

13. Add new undeniable takedown animations on wiffed strikes, evaded strikes and leg kicks landed to the outside of the lead leg. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

14. Slow down sub transition from cage single/double leg to over/under. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

15. Slightly slow down single collar break speed. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

16. Add extra stamina penalty to escapes from back mount flat. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

17. Added the ability for the AI to use grapple fakes depending on difficulty. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

18. Added 18 new signature taunt animations. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

19. Added Gameplay Sliders to Event Mode. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

Every time I've played an online match the past week, the post fight stats have failed to show up and when I hit the "quit to menu" button, EA Sports logs me out entirely until I close my game app and restart it. Anybody else experiencing this?

New patch incoming, lots of grappling buffs.

1. Added new single and double leg cage entries that play out any time you attempt a takedown when your opponent’s back is within two feet of the cage. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

2. Slow down head health regen on the ground to make GnP more threatening. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

3. Added a new "muscle modifier" while grappling. By pressing R1/RB you will speed up certain transitions at the cost of more stamina. Transitions include all getups from SUB positions, all posture ups from DOM positions, takedowns from single/double against the cage, sit out sweep from SUB backside, transition from SUB back flat to back mount. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

4. Added a positive taunt for all you online guys. LB/L1 modifier on any taunt direction. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

5. Added double under slam finishes to single/double leg cage positions giving players two directional options to bring the fight to the ground. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

6. Extend the length of time you keep the grapple advantage you earn when slipping a strike. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

7. Fix bug which was causing delayed grapple cancel animations from playing (ie fixed PS4 fakes). #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

8. Made the mighty wizbar and the kimura from SUB back clinch two stage submissions. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

9. Reduced stamina drain in back mount flat postured up and mount body lock positions. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

10. Speed up blocked strikes in back mount #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

11. Increased damage and increased speed for blocked strikes in stacked guard. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

12. Made the GA gained from blocking a strike while grappling expire after 1.5 seconds instead of being permanent. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

13. Add new undeniable takedown animations on wiffed strikes, evaded strikes and leg kicks landed to the outside of the lead leg. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

14. Slow down sub transition from cage single/double leg to over/under. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

15. Slightly slow down single collar break speed. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

16. Add extra stamina penalty to escapes from back mount flat. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

17. Added the ability for the AI to use grapple fakes depending on difficulty. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

18. Added 18 new signature taunt animations. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

19. Added Gameplay Sliders to Event Mode. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

Ugh, sounds like i'm about to get bad at this game again.

Ugh, sounds like i'm about to get bad at this game again.

Yeah I appreciate them giving the grapplers a bone but it won't be good for me at all. I have enjoyed the ground in past MMA games but none of the EA UFC's. I hate the whole system so buffing it just means i have to spend more time playing the part of the game I don't find fun in the least. I feel like fixing the ground game is an all or nothing move, either rip it all out and start over with a ground game that would be fun to play or leave it alone. Their is just no fluidity to the entire concept, no matter how they buff it they will still just have a stall tactic rather than a ground game

Dunno why they're fucking with making grappling more easy when it's literally impossible to defend the clinch when you're against the cage.

Either way just came to announce I slithered my way into the top 10 briefly today, made it big time boys. Beat some good guys won 7 in a row after the leader board reset and finally ran into my match, had a back and forth fight I was Gastelum he was Bisping. Without a doubt Gastelum has the best hands of any character I've used WW and above, Belfort not close behind either, little slower but alot more powerful and so easy to knock guys down when you rock them and they're blocking.

Love how characters feel unique and I'm not just playing a different character skin like the last 2 ufc games felt. Fuck do I wish they would fix elbows in this, only thing UFC 2 had on this game was that elbow striking fluidity tho.

Also about the ground game, I think we all need to accept EA doesn't know what the hell they're doing, it isn't a priority and they'll probably never get it to be fluid like it should be. EA ground game when compared to THQ Undisputed 3 is pure garbage.

Undisputed 3 you could transition fluidly from striking to grappling and back and forth, EA ground game in comparison feels like a bunch of confusing mini games mashed together in certain ground positions. Transitioning from striking to grappling in EA is clunky, and thats being kind.

It's not that I hate grappling in these games, it's that I hate EA's ground game. Undisputed 3 was so realistic and put EA to shame, especially in those sequences when you go from striking-clinch-ground game, such fluidity. It was legit fun even if you werent good at it. EA ground game feels like people cheesing a select few of positions (side saddle, half guard deny) and thats the extent of it.

I don't understand why they won't take at least some elements from UD3 grappling mechanics

I sure can't wait to play as Ketlen Vieria...

I hope one day we will get Mairbek Taisumov, Islam Makhachev, David Teymur, Zabit Magomedsharipov etc... we can live in hope

Back