EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Every exchange just feels random now. I'm getting lots of KOs by basically closing my eyes and throwing jab uppercut hook. Guys are straight ducking uppercuts as well. Kinda feels like they screwed this up, I had zero issue against the sway spammers prepatch.

I am not seeing this at all. I haven't seen any flash KO's off single combos. In fact I haven't seen a fight end in the first round in my 40 or so games since the patch. I also haven't seen anyone duck an uppercut, if they duck they get rocked in my experience. The strategy right now is to make your opponent miss and slowly build an advantage to set up a late finish.

Read this thread, it really explains the changes and a good strategy for how to get the most out of them.....
https://forums.operationsports.com/...et-me-help-you-get-accustomed-new-update.html

What are your complaints on the current patch?

Grab a seat

Ok my biggest complaint is stamina and how broken it is. I played the other day and my opponent who was JDS threw 175 strikes in the first round and still had 75% stamina in the second. It’s completely broken. There need s to

Defensive options and outside fighting in general has always been ass but it feels worse now with the fast 1-2, 6 straight hooks, etc.

Rush down seems to be the new meta and I’ve never been a fan. But tell me how do you guys deal with this?

Grab a seat

Ok my biggest complaint is stamina and how broken it is. I played the other day and my opponent who was JDS threw 175 strikes in the first round and still had 75% stamina in the second. It’s completely broken. There need s to

Defensive options and outside fighting in general has always been ass but it feels worse now with the fast 1-2, 6 straight hooks, etc.

Rush down seems to be the new meta and I’ve never been a fan. But tell me how do you guys deal with this?

So the stamina really is the core of the new meta. Guys can only throw 175 strikes a round like that if they are landing or throwing into your block. If you are using the sway and the back lunge to cause them to whiff they will gas after like 20 strikes. The guys who throw constantly are tough to evade for the first round and you have to be pretty careful but if you do it right they won't have a chance in the second round.

When they use the jab straight just use the quick sway right/left and then hold block, the whiff will drain their permanent stamina and soften the power of any follow up strikes. Standing still and holding back will now evade all power strikes. So if they are ripping off hooks just hold back and watch them whiff. On the back lunge you just want to make sure you time it right, sometimes guys will pressure and still get you while back lunging, in that case throw a straight counter off the lunge and it will rock them if they are coming forward into it.

Also never hold block when you are walking forward, use the jab-straight like crazy if your opponent is walking forward holding block. The block breaks fast now if you are moving forward so you can actually block them while standing still/moving back and if they keep coming forward you will win the exchange when their block breaks and yours is still full.

Mix in body shots, even kicks because you can block the follow up strike on catch kicks now. If you back lunge and cause a miss on a power strike their temporary stamina will drain all the way down. When this happens drill the body hooks.

Basically it is just all about evading and gassing them and then putting the pressure on them when they gas.

I am not seeing this at all. I haven't seen any flash KO's off single combos. In fact I haven't seen a fight end in the first round in my 40 or so games since the patch. I also haven't seen anyone duck an uppercut, if they duck they get rocked in my experience. The strategy right now is to make your opponent miss and slowly build an advantage to set up a late finish.

Read this thread, it really explains the changes and a good strategy for how to get the most out of them.....
https://forums.operationsports.com/...et-me-help-you-get-accustomed-new-update.html
I'm getting a lot of r1 ranked wins by just doing 3 uppercuts over and over.
They lean back I do 1-2.
They try to duck them I uppercut again.
If they try to go side to side I add a hook.

I never did the aggressive thing but I'm finding it so much easier to just walk forward and spam shit.

So the stamina really is the core of the new meta. Guys can only throw 175 strikes a round like that if they are landing or throwing into your block. If you are using the sway and the back lunge to cause them to whiff they will gas after like 20 strikes. The guys who throw constantly are tough to evade for the first round and you have to be pretty careful but if you do it right they won't have a chance in the second round.

When they use the jab straight just use the quick sway right/left and then hold block, the whiff will drain their permanent stamina and soften the power of any follow up strikes. Standing still and holding back will now evade all power strikes. So if they are ripping off hooks just hold back and watch them whiff. On the back lunge you just want to make sure you time it right, sometimes guys will pressure and still get you while back lunging, in that case throw a straight counter off the lunge and it will rock them if they are coming forward into it.

Also never hold block when you are walking forward, use the jab-straight like crazy if your opponent is walking forward holding block. The block breaks fast now if you are moving forward so you can actually block them while standing still/moving back and if they keep coming forward you will win the exchange when their block breaks and yours is still full.

Mix in body shots, even kicks because you can block the follow up strike on catch kicks now. If you back lunge and cause a miss on a power strike their temporary stamina will drain all the way down. When this happens drill the body hooks.

Basically it is just all about evading and gassing them and then putting the pressure on them when they gas.

Thanks for the tips. I wasn’t aware you can block while swaying I thought it was after when your head comes back to center line. I think I’m so use to slipping in the middle of guys long extended combos that I get caught. I don’t think I will win against extreme pressure fighters that often though. It’s only so much back lunge and minor sways can do

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tips. I wasn’t aware you can block while swaying I thought it was after when your head comes back to center line. I think I’m so use to slipping in the middle of guys long extended combos that I get caught. I don’t think I will win against extreme pressure fighters that often though. It’s only so much back lunge and minor sways can do

Extreme pressure fighters you need to focus only on making them miss in the first round. If you do that without taking much damage the fight is yours afterwards most of the time. I just chip away at their body and let them get frustrated and gassed.

If I get a match with a good pressure fighter I will record it and post it here so you can see what I do. I take a decent amount of beating in the first round a lot of the time. I just focus on making it to the next round and draining their stamina whenever I see a chance.

I'm getting a lot of r1 ranked wins by just doing 3 uppercuts over and over.
They lean back I do 1-2.
They try to duck them I uppercut again.
If they try to go side to side I add a hook.

I never did the aggressive thing but I'm finding it so much easier to just walk forward and spam shit.

I may have to try throwing the triple uppercut. I do the back lunge a lot and rarely duck so I don't get hit with many uppercuts but I could see how that would work against some styles. The forward moving spam works if your opponent doesn't know how to defend it but it seems like people are learning how to avoid it now. I still feel like the defense is lacking something, as much as people hated the parry it was pretty crucial to balancing the pressure. I think they should have kept it but toned down the counter off it and make it take a little more skill/timing to get. The lack of parry makes the game look way less real visually. Everyone has to force field and act like Anderson Silva

I'm finding post patch every fighter is identical. There seems to be only one strategy now.

I am getting annoyed with the people who try and clinch all fight. I don't mind grapplers, if that is your thing but the clinch is garbage. I can escape it, I can block 95% of shots from the muay thai clinch. But I swear it can not be denied sometimes. I am holding the stick ready for it and it slips through way more often than it should.

I wouldn't mind if clinch was not so boring and was not just a way to kill clock/get a lucky one shot rock. EA needs to figure put how to make it more than a desperation tactic and let us punish people for trying it predictably. They say uppercuts stop it but I get clinched through uppercuts all the time and even when they land they can just eat it. Make it like a takedown where it rocks them or at least knocks them back and doesn't give them a free clinch if they just try again after eating it.

I still like the current meta but clinch seems to be the strategy of people who can't figure out how to win without the sway and pray.

I am getting annoyed with the people who try and clinch all fight. I don't mind grapplers, if that is your thing but the clinch is garbage. I can escape it, I can block 95% of shots from the muay thai clinch. But I swear it can not be denied sometimes. I am holding the stick ready for it and it slips through way more often than it should.

I wouldn't mind if clinch was not so boring and was not just a way to kill clock/get a lucky one shot rock. EA needs to figure put how to make it more than a desperation tactic and let us punish people for trying it predictably. They say uppercuts stop it but I get clinched through uppercuts all the time and even when they land they can just eat it. Make it like a takedown where it rocks them or at least knocks them back and doesn't give them a free clinch if they just try again after eating it.

I still like the current meta but clinch seems to be the strategy of people who can't figure out how to win without the sway and pray.

Agreed. And the single collar is so fast and easy.

Shooting TDs should be more effective, grabbing clinch should be a little slower Imo.

Agreed. And the single collar is so fast and easy.

Shooting TDs should be more effective, grabbing clinch should be a little slower Imo.

I agree, I am a standup guy but I feel for the ground fighters. TD defense is a bit too easy. Make TDs easier and make getting up a bit easier. Balance the threat

Beat xtream panda on his stream yesterday. Seems like a good dude and a fun match, I watch occasionally at work and I was working from home yesterday so I hopped on (he streams in the afternoon usually)

Beat xtream panda on his stream yesterday. Seems like a good dude and a fun match, I watch occasionally at work and I was working from home yesterday so I hopped on (he streams in the afternoon usually)

Nice. I never get matched up with the big names on xbox. I get a lot of top 100 guys but it is always the known spammers instead of the known talents.

Is the EK crew on PS or just XB1? Bunch of spammers that work together to exploit every glitch. They are the worst to play, Just defending against glitch after glitch.

Nice. I never get matched up with the big names on xbox. I get a lot of top 100 guys but it is always the known spammers instead of the known talents.

Is the EK crew on PS or just XB1? Bunch of spammers that work together to exploit every glitch. They are the worst to play, Just defending against glitch after glitch.

Not on Ps I don't think but I've seen them mentioned on the official forum, maybe by you lol

Here is a video against a typically high pressure fighter. He was top 100 in season one on xbox but isn't as good with the new patch. It is not the crazy pressure, I dont see a lot of that. My style may make those guys change it up or something. But this is a good example of me executing my style that hopefully helps you see what I am saying.

Not on Ps I don't think but I've seen them mentioned on the official forum, maybe by you lol

Played one of the bastards right after that post. Put him down in the first, i guess they have not figured out this patch yet. I never talk about them on the OP forum, don't want to become a target.

Here is a video against a typically high pressure fighter. He was top 100 in season one on xbox but isn't as good with the new patch. It is not the crazy pressure, I dont see a lot of that. My style may make those guys change it up or something. But this is a good example of me executing my style that hopefully helps you see what I am saying.

Yea that type of pressure is pretty tame. I can deal with that. That Whittaker is throwing a lot but at least he backs up and reset. I’m talking about the guys just marching forward with 1,2 nonstop until your back is against the cage. Then the four or five hook combos come out so you can’t really do any advance lunges to circle away. You just pray your block holds up

Last edited by a moderator:
doing OK after the patch now, about the same as before the patch, just a bit over .500. Some nights I win 8 out of 10 and the next I play like i've never played before and lose multiple in a row.

I'm OK at dealing with the pressure now, unless they're Cormier. I unchecked LHW because I was finding that people who want to just get in your face and wing punches without getting tired can just pick him and do that and it's HARD to make them pay or wait on their stamina to go down.

This is sort of how a typical win goes.. Not my best performance, got hit a lot in round 1 but I let him bomb away with 4 punch combos while I just focused on keeping my stamina up and occasionally landing on his body. Slip straight played a big role. By round 2 I had a significant stamina advantage and opened up more

Back