Media Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Training MMA For UFC Movie and He Looks..

Definitely still skeptical about The Rock playing Kerr, but will 100% be watching with Benny Safdie being at the helm of this project.
Thought he was weird in the Curse and the whole show weirded me out tbh

I know it's for the Mark Kerr movie he's shooting, but man that low kick was BAD.

I love him as the human being he is, and think he can even have some success due to his gigantic power.
But IMHO he would lose... and badly ...to the top of the division.

Yeah he's old but I prefer they try to hide that fact with makeup rather than the godawful de-aging bullshit that Hollywood has had a stiffy for the past few years. It pretty much ruined The Irishman for me. Seeing a 75 year old DeNiro with a bad CGI mask being referred to as "kid" and "young man" took me right out of it. Felt like I was watching a comedy sketch
That sucks. Even if the face actually looked good, a 75 year old still moves like a 75 year old.

Mark Kerr's low kicks weren't exactly Crocop-esque.
No but a guy w that physique wasn't gonna throw kicks like that anyway. His kicks were ok from what I remember anyway. Powerful.

Rock is slow and stuck in the mud. He is a textbook example of non functional muscle restricting athletic and fighting ability.

Grappling looks realistic. He got the heat of the battle face. In the end they will shoot for 2 months to gather 1 and a half hour. It will look decent. Editing will fix it.

The Rock is only like 4 years younger than Kerr, lmao.

Rock is slow and stuck in the mud. He is a textbook example of non functional muscle restricting athletic and fighting ability.
If his muscle was restricting his athletic ability he wouldn't be able to do what he does in the WWE. That shit takes athleticism, just a different kind in comparison to fighting.

He really doesn't resemble kerr in any way. I hope kerr gets paid.

If his muscle was restricting his athletic ability he wouldn't be able to do what he does in the WWE. That shit takes athleticism, just a different kind in comparison to fighting.

Right, non functional muscle is literally a waste of oxygen.

Dwayne's genetic frame along with calisthenics, crossfit and triathlon training would optimize his athletic ability. Think of how much faster and more explosive he could be.

Check out Bautista's fight. A fat guy move faster and more fluidly. I'm betting some of these old school wrestlers regret bulking that much.

De Niro was 37 when he played Jake LaMotta in an Oscar winning performance. Denzel was 46 when he played Rubin Carter in an Oscar nominated performance.

The Rock still looks the part of an action movie star, he should do fine assuming the script & director are good.

Right, non functional muscle is literally a waste of oxygen.

Dwayne's genetic frame along with calisthenics, crossfit and triathlon training would optimize his athletic ability. Think of how much faster and more explosive he could be.

Check out Bautista's fight. A fat guy move faster and more fluidly. I'm betting some of these old school wrestlers regret bulking that much.

I mean sure but there isn't much benefit in him doing such at this point.

No but a guy w that physique wasn't gonna throw kicks like that anyway. His kicks were ok from what I remember anyway. Powerful.
Yeah, its actually similar physique to Kerr. Rock was athletic, played football and of course being a WWE performer takes huge athleticism. Kerr was also basically a bodybuilder who could do those bursts required for short wrestling matches but never had good cardio.

kerr-600-hjpg.jpg

How is my jab better than a guy who made 100s of millions over decades as a fight actor?
Fight actor being the key term. I'm sure with proper angles and cinematography they could make you look like Bruce Lee these days.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back