Dustin Poirier says he 100% would take a fight at 170

Lol. Khabib has raised and donated a helluva lot more cash for poor people than any of you bums.

If it was against the right opponent, he wants a big name.

Would you want to see Dustin fight next at 155 or 170? And if his next fight is at 170 who would you like to see him fight?

I'd like to see him any striker in the top ten.. If Nate beats Masvidal(he won't), them Dustin vs Nate would be a great match up

Nate would do to Dustin what Max couldn't and it would not even be close. That 4" reach advantage...

sick of fighters trying to muddy the waters in another weight class because they got crushed in their chosen one
Why? Look at Anthony Smith, mediocre record at Middleweight, went on a tear all the way to a title shot at Light heavyweight again JJ. Same with Thiago Santos, went on a tear at Light Heavyweight after an average run in middleweight. Same can be said for Robert Whitaker and Kelvin Gastelum.
Is ex-teammate at American Top team, Tyron Woodley said he was amazed at how Khabib was able to man-handle Poirier. Poirier used to wrestle and more than hold his own with Welterweights, Middleweights and Light Heavyweights.

Do u know him personally to make a claim like this?

I can only go by the accounts of people who have worked with him.

Also he doesn’t seem to have any enemies.

We’ve never hung out with Jones either but everyone else told us what he is.

I'd think he's best suited for 155, perhaps a match up with Donald Cerrone, that would be exciting.

Why? Look at Anthony Smith, mediocre record at Middleweight, went on a tear all the way to a title shot at Light heavyweight again JJ. Same with Thiago Santos, went on a tear at Light Heavyweight after an average run in middleweight. Same can be said for Robert Whitaker and Kelvin Gastelum.
Is ex-teammate at American Top team, Tyron Woodley said he was amazed at how Khabib was able to man-handle Poirier. Poirier used to wrestle and more than hold his own with Welterweights, Middleweights and Light Heavyweights.
Smith on a tear? Rashad Evans and Shogun Rua :D the Oezdemir win was the only reason he got a title shot. Santos barely had a better run, Eryk Anders and chinless Manure before beating Blachowicz, again that final win being the one that got him a title shot. I'm not discrediting those two wins though (Volkan and Jan) they were impressive.

I get what you're saying but there is a big difference between 155-170 and 185-205, the depth in talent. Those lighter weight classes have a long list of contenders that are already being held up thanks to the McGregor-esque negotiating. I can't stop him doing it anyway so it's just an opinion.

i can see him beating a lot of 170er,though colby vs dustin would be very close I believe, usman is the nightmare match up, a middleweight version of khabib ( less technical of course ... ) is bad news ...

Not sure Dustin is quite a “big fight” guy at this point, but he’s certainly capable of being a “fun fight” guy. And I’d say the following could be really fun opponents for him:

Welter

-Wonderboy (or Luque if winner)
-Mike Perry
-Dos Anjos
-Fighter Kevin
-Geoff Neal (would be sick)

Light

-Raging (or Hooker if winner)
-Aldo (if he chooses to move up)
-Barboza
-Felder (starting to get a bit meh)

If it was against the right opponent, he wants a big name.

Would you want to see Dustin fight next at 155 or 170? And if his next fight is at 170 who would you like to see him fight?

I'd like to see him any striker in the top ten.. If Nate beats Masvidal(he won't), them Dustin vs Nate would be a great match up
He's already ducked nate

Also, nate seems like the type of a guy who wont take that fight again because poirer pulled out the first time

Yes please! Lots of potential new match ups since he's faced a lot of names at 145 & 55. Also, more fighting at walk around weight, less cutting, less gassing, more exciting fights! Better cardio woupdwould help kill the myth MMA fighters are F level athletes since distance runners don't cut 20lbs or take damage in their sports. Whats not to like about this?

there's a lot of interesting match-ups for Dustin at 170 just not in the top 10-15

Diego Sanchez & Stun Gun come to mind

Back