Media Dustin Poirier on Masvidal vs Usman "This Isn't a Guy Just Coming Off the Couch

Imagine being one of those "best wrestlers in the world" and flying 10 times a day to drill with UFC fighters. Seems like some of them are at two or three different places at the same time.

That built in excuse is exactly why Jorge took the fight though

Can’t wait for Masvigoat to whoop on Uscan.

yall think the judges are going to give usman a victory for just laying on top of masvidal you are idiots. the ref wont even allow that.

MARTY FAKENEWSSSSMAN ITS TACO TUESSSSDAY AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY A CHAMPION WILL BE BORN AGAIN AND A WARRIOR WILL HAVE FALLEN...BUT AT LEAST HE GOT PAID

Good find my friend.

What a great clip. Now I’m getting all excited and shyyyyyt. Boy I really do hope masvidal brings it. I think Usman smothers him, but I’d love nothing more than to see masvidal shock the world.......again
He will!!!

Like he said "first of im happy to get this new contract then im finally going to break this guy face".

His face expression and they way he said it was scary. It had the same vibe when Khabib sad i will finally putt my hand on Conor.

Short notice is fine, much less chance to pick up injuries, you are more fresh. Masvidal is a vet and has been fighting forever, he ain't gonna lose any skills or talent on a short camp or long camp. The only thing the long camp will do is give him more possible injuries. Better to be fresh, the wins vs loss records of short notice fighters is about the same as full camp.

I agree that maybe a short camp is not good for a guy who is very raw and not fought a lot, but Masvidal has been fighting since forever, I don't believe it will make any difference apart from the fact he may have less injuries and bruises
Yeah short camps can sometimes help experienced fighters like Masvidal or Bisping

He said he's 192 pounds yesterday. I don't think that's tiny for the WW division.
and he's not use to cutting much weight since moving to WW. He's said the cut to 155 really effected him.

He said he's 192 pounds yesterday. I don't think that's tiny for the WW division.
5'7" Eddie Alvarez said he was in mid 190s when Tony pulled out and Max stepped in. 190lbs range is where most LWs hang out at. WWs are, usually, 200lbs+. MWs around 220-230. LHWS 230-240.

Wonderboy, Nelson and Mas seem to be the smaller guys.

But these are pig out off season numbers and everyone carries it differently.

Masvidal is a sly dog trolling everyone LoL

Even bringing in top-notch wrassler’s and “putting them up”. Exactly what the fuck one should be doing in preparing to fight a physical beast like Usman.

Jorge already knows he can box the fuck out his ears, he has been honing the craft of stopping the leg humping, which is probably inevitable.

I hope he stifles the shit outta Usman and embarrassingly finishes him, even late in the fight for the intrigue.

Short notice is fine, much less chance to pick up injuries, you are more fresh. Masvidal is a vet and has been fighting forever, he ain't gonna lose any skills or talent on a short camp or long camp. The only thing the long camp will do is give him more possible injuries. Better to be fresh, the wins vs loss records of short notice fighters is about the same as full camp.

I agree that maybe a short camp is not good for a guy who is very raw and not fought a lot, but Masvidal has been fighting since forever, I don't believe it will make any difference apart from the fact he may have less injuries and bruises
The problem is when you fight a pressure fighter like a volkanovski or usman, I’d you fall behind on the cardio game you’re done. That’s my number 1 reservation. I believe in my heart of hearts if usmans in his back he can survive a round. My question is how does he look the next round....and the next one.... etc. he can strike early, and get a ko. But he’ll have to push usmans cardio into the deep rounds and still have gas for full power to be able to take this win. If he hasn’t been doing cardio he’s done. But from what we’re hearing in these videos, I think he’s got a shot now.

5'7" Eddie Alvarez said he was in mid 190s when Tony pulled out and Max stepped in. 190lbs range is where most LWs hang out at. WWs are, usually, 200lbs+. MWs around 220-230. LHWS 230-240.

an extra like for you for knowing walk-around weights for these weight classes. Most on here want to argue wall to wall that a LW wont get up to 190+lbs

Hes a tiny WW he will be just fine

Max couldn’t make LW on short notice. 20 pounds is a lot to ask of your body on short notice with all the travel/time change involved. It’s going to play hell on his body.

None of them weighs that much 5 days before the fight and 3.5 days before the weigh-in.

This means Masvidal will be around 192 pounds in the cage and LWs usually weigh around 175 pounds in the cage. Former MW champion GSP weighed around 185 in the cage at the WW division.

Anyone who thinks that Masvidal is not going to be a serious threat to Usman (it could go either way) hasn't got a clue whatsoever.

he has to acclimate to AD and it’s different time zone in less than a week and cut 20 pounds. That’s going to be rough on his body. This is about the least ideal situation for Mas. However, he’s been training for Usman. Usman has been training for Burns.

Imagine being one of those "best wrestlers in the world" and flying 10 times a day to drill with UFC fighters. Seems like some of them are at two or three different places at the same time.

Dude it's one of wrestler's only way to make income.

The problem is when you fight a pressure fighter like a volkanovski or usman, I’d you fall behind on the cardio game you’re done. That’s my number 1 reservation. I believe in my heart of hearts if usmans in his back he can survive a round. My question is how does he look the next round....and the next one.... etc. he can strike early, and get a ko. But he’ll have to push usmans cardio into the deep rounds and still have gas for full power to be able to take this win. If he hasn’t been doing cardio he’s done. But from what we’re hearing in these videos, I think he’s got a shot now.

i don't even think with a real training camp Jorge can match Usman's cardio grappling wise, but if he can avoid being in clinch range and move around him, i think it will be difficult for Usman to grapple but also strike. everyone knows Usman has bad wheels, make him use them more and even low kicks will hurt Usman's mobility and grappling.

Colby was doing good, he just doesn't have the level of striking to expose Usman's weaknesses, Masvidal is a crafty striker, he has the tools to do it.

22lbs over when he’s not been in a proper camp? How much do you think small WWs are walking around if Masvidal isn’t small? A LW like McGregor is 175-180lb in the cage at WW. Your perspective seems a bit skewed.

Dude it's one of wrestler's only way to make income.

What I was trying to say is that every fighter seems to be training with the best wrestlers in the world. But yeah you're right.

Back