Dustin Poirier hasn't fought a strong wrestler in the UFC yet

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It's pretty crazy that Poirier for as long as he has been in the UFC, hasn't had TDD test yet. For all we know, his wrestling defence is the best in the business. Or it could be garbage.

How do you think he would fare against Khabib if he gets past Holloway tonight?

Don't think he does well against Khabib.

The same fate:
giphy.gif

I honestly think whoever fights Khabib next besides Conor has a good chance (whether that be Tony, Dustin, or Max)

Neither has Max

The only "wrestler" he fought was Lamas who has a 30% success rate on TDs

Honestly the best overall wrestler he fought was Aldo who didn't even try to wrestle

I feel like a lot of people are just ignoring his majority decision (due to a draw scorecard) with Jim Miller 2 years ago lol. Hell, Pettis triangled him before the ref inexplicably stopped it for a break.

Dustin does well with brawlers, but he also loses many of those too.

Conor fans told me that Eddie was a better wrestler than Jordan Burroughs so surely your assertion cannot be true.

Neither has Max

Honestly the best overall wrestler he fought was Aldo who didn't even try to wrestle

Success rate on TDs doesn't mean shit though. Khabib has a really low success rate too

He was outgrappled by korean zombie and cub swanson at featherweight. Eddie had him full mounted in their fight. I think his TDD is fairly tested and nothing special.

Alvarez and Gaethje are damn good wrestlers

He was outgrappled by korean zombie and cub swanson at featherweight. Eddie had him full mounted in their fight. I think his TDD is fairly tested and nothing special.
I thought Dustin pulled guard for a guillotine that’s how Eddie got mount?

Neither has Max

He got outwrestle by McGregor lol. Idc people say it’s cause he was 22, Jones was a world champ by 23.

Max just has a terrible body for wrestling. He has that lanky endurance Diaz body where he isn’t fast twitch but can keep a great pace.

Someone like Khabib will just shoot low singles from a mile away and rag doll him. Max can make FW, Khabib can’t even make LW without having a seizure, missing weight, or pulling out completely. Khabib is one of those guys who are dense as fuck but don’t show it. It’s why he rag dolls LWs.

I don't feel like Gaethje counts, as he is self admittedly not going to use his wrestling besides stuffing takedowns.

Back