• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dustin Poirier did not go to salt lake early

It just depends who is in better shape. Altitude is a myth
How can you say that with direct empirical evidence that says otherwise? How many times have we watched fighters gas at altitude who were not known for having cardio issues? Just an insane statement. Flat earth tier.

That’s my ONE big concern. Dustin lives at 45’, and does his fight camp at 13’.

I think that’s a big mistake. I’ve been slowly changing my mind from Dustin to Justin for this fight. I was waiting for the embeddeds to narrow down my choices. Then the weigh-ins tomorrow. If this fight goes past 3 rounds it should show. Maybe even more than 2 rounds. The pace will probably determine that. Unless Dustin is just different than pretty much everybody else.

Justin should just push forward and constantly pressure Dustin. Dustin could gas right out. We saw a lot of fighters gas after one or two rounds the last time they were at SLC. It almost cost Edwards the WW title. Especially when you compare the rematch to the trilogy fight with Usman. Edwards didn’t come close to gassing in London like he did in SLC.

You can’t just ignore shit like that. The winner of this fight probably gets a TS. Depending what the UFC does with Belal. I think not even attempting to acclimate to the elevation at SLC is a bad idea. Justin lives and trains at an even higher elevation. Yet he went to SLC over a week early. Just to acclimate to SLC specifically.

Anywhere but at elevation I pick Dustin. I think I’m going to pick Justin.

BTW..,It’s a beautiful area. I was there in 2016. It had on odd odour I couldn’t nail down (Do they have any pulp mills in the area)? But between the Bonneville Salt Flats, and the higher elevations, it was really different and pretty.

I find this very odd, and definitely a blunder. Why not stack all of the odds in your favor?

Leon also faded against Nate Diaz, who he dominated.
Dominating someone doesn't take much energy, yet he was tired and his chin shot in the 5th.
A smarter Nate could've finished him.
At 1150 height, Salt lake is at 4250. Feet

He also only threw only 139 punches in 5 rounds. Poirier can do that in 1 round.
I don't think Leon was tired against Nate, he just switched off.
Regardless though, he was way more tired in Salt Lake than any of his other fights and way more tired than against Usman in London. So he experienced a big % drop off, despite using a low-oxygen tent, which is my point. If Poirier gets the same % dropoff than Leon did, he'll still be able to keep a higher pace than Leon did, but if Gaethje experiences 0% dropoff, then Poirier's dropoff could be enough to matter.

You have to keep the house under 75 or you will sweat right when you get out of a shower.
I forgot which event they had in an outdoor cage? Was it Abu or was that just a teaser cage? Can't remember events.
So I thought of this today cuz we got a heat wave going here. It’s feels like 97° here at 10 pm
<{katwhu}>

sounds like the best possible chances for gaethje to win, which i don't mind. dustin's already got his edgy hawaiian shirts, hot sauce, and salon hair. it's time for gaethje to get the shine. maybe slang some almond butter or something.

How can you say that with direct empirical evidence that says otherwise? How many times have we watched fighters gas at altitude who were not known for having cardio issues? Just an insane statement. Flat earth tier.

dustin has fought hella times and hasn't gassed. at a certain level, let's say top 1% of 1% of all cage fighters on Earth, altitude is the myth... we have seen PLENTY of fighters who trained at altitude gas out and plenty of fighters who trained normally for a fight at altitude not gas out.

y'all sound like u read the "science" section of mma magazines. please shut up.

Dustin is the better fighter .....and I'm a Dustin guy but I just get this feeling the better fighter isn't going to win. This happens alot and gaejthe hungry to right off 1st fight while Dustin has been fighting a cupcake in McGregor. That could be his undoing. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, such a downgrade from Florida, the cultural and literal sewer of the United States.
Cultural sewer is easily California.

not to mention California is the literal sewer of the untied states with the most pollution and sewage run off in the ocean..

salt lake city just has some of worst air in the world, worse than most major citys in florida with a higher population..

Cultural sewer is easily California

If you meet a girl in a bar who says she doesn't speak to her father, ask her what part of Florida he lives in.

They'll think you're a magician.

Florida's culture is the national capital for deadbeat dads, debtors and a smattering of rednecks. A few cities have some culture, the rest is largely a pigsty. If you're in FL and have a lot of thoughts about Californians, you should know people in California don't think about you at all.

Cultural sewer is easily California.

not to mention California is the literal sewer of the untied states with the most pollution and sewage run off in the ocean..

salt lake city just has some of worst air in the world, worse than most major citys in florida with a higher population..

Damn that's crazy

As a non-American I went on google the other day to look at photos of Salt Lake City to see what it looked like and I was astonished with how beautiful it was with mountains and all. Certainly didn't look like a place with shit air.

"Prime acclimated Cain"...that fighter was gone after his last fight vs JDS.

regardless, velasquez knew he couldn't handle werdum so he went ALL OUT in the 1st and tried to finish the fight in 5min. Michael Chandler takes this strategy in every fight. The hail mary velasquez attempted vs Werdum didn't work and he got wrecked. It's classic AKA. Cormier paced himself for a 3 round fight in his 2nd fight vs MIocic and Jones because he knew he couldn't win a 5 round fight vs either champion. Velasquez and Cormier fucked around and they found out.

you literally just pulled all of this from your ass lol

That’s my ONE big concern. Dustin lives at 45’, and does his fight camp at 13’.

I think that’s a big mistake. I’ve been slowly changing my mind from Dustin to Justin for this fight. I was waiting for the embeddeds to narrow down my choices. Then the weigh-ins tomorrow. If this fight goes past 3 rounds it should show. Maybe even more than 2 rounds. The pace will probably determine that. Unless Dustin is just different than pretty much everybody else.

Justin should just push forward and constantly pressure Dustin. Dustin could gas right out. We saw a lot of fighters gas after one or two rounds the last time they were at SLC. It almost cost Edwards the WW title. Especially when you compare the rematch to the trilogy fight with Usman. Edwards didn’t come close to gassing in London like he did in SLC.

You can’t just ignore shit like that. The winner of this fight probably gets a TS. Depending what the UFC does with Belal. I think not even attempting to acclimate to the elevation at SLC is a bad idea. Justin lives and trains at an even higher elevation. Yet he went to SLC over a week early. Just to acclimate to SLC specifically.

Anywhere but at elevation I pick Dustin. I think I’m going to pick Justin.

BTW..,It’s a beautiful area. I was there in 2016. It had on odd odour I couldn’t nail down (Do they have any pulp mills in the area)? But between the Bonneville Salt Flats, and the higher elevations, it was really different and pretty.
It's 50/50 for me just because Dustin stayed down south.

Leon also faded against Nate Diaz, who he dominated.
Dominating someone doesn't take much energy, yet he was tired and his chin shot in the 5th.

Leon didn't fade, he got a little sloppy and wasn't taking Nate as a threat considering he beat the absolute dog shit out of him with complete impunity for 4 rounds.

Nate landed one solid, clean punch. He tried to follow up, its a weird myth that he didn't, but his punches looked like throwing spaghetti. Nate threw his follow up punches like you punch in a nightmare.

Leon's "chin" being shot meaning he completely and without any fuss recovered - immediately - from a hard clean punch. If anything he showed how solid his chin is, this is like pants on head backwards.

Nate didn't even win that round. Nothing to see here.

If you meet a girl in a bar who says she doesn't speak to her father, ask her what part of Florida he lives in.

They'll think you're a magician.

Florida's culture is the national capital for deadbeat dads, debtors and a smattering of rednecks. A few cities have some culture, the rest is largely a pigsty. If you're in FL and have a lot of thoughts about Californians, you should know people in California don't think about you at all.
Funny because California actually has more single parent households than florida.
Florida ranks 26
California ranks 20..
I surfed del norte NorCal back in 2010, other than surfing California it has nothing for me..
California is home to the most degenerates everyone knows it

sounds like the best possible chances for gaethje to win, which i don't mind. dustin's already got his edgy hawaiian shirts, hot sauce, and salon hair. it's time for gaethje to get the shine. maybe slang some almond butter or something.
Damn you, you be dammed.

Dustin is the better fighter .....and I'm a Dustin guy but I just get this feeling the better fighter isn't going to win. This happens alot and gaejthe hungry to right off 1st fight while Dustin has been fighting a cupcake in McGregor. That could be his undoing. I hope I'm wrong.
Dustin's undoing will be elevation more than likely.

Funny because California actually has more single parent households than florida.
Florida ranks 26
California ranks 20..
I surfed del norte NorCal back in 2010, other than surfing California it has nothing for me..
California is home to the most degenerates everyone knows it

You do understand a single parent household is the opposite of deadbeat dad's, right? Reading comprehension (Florida ranks 26th in educational attainment, so this checks out)

Aside from having the largest GDP in the country (and literally 4th largest in the world, on par with other major nation states) California has the most millionaires of any US state, and roughly double Texas which is in second place.

No big surprise there's nothing there for you.

Back