Dustin Poirier did much better vs Habib than Conor

Conor was hardly at 40%, injured and possibly drunk during the fight and still was the first to win round against Khabib. Rejunavated Conor 2.0 would KTFO both of them in a 1vs2

Bahahaha. Dustin would WORK Conor over now.

Fuck me, we hear this every time. Why's he so much better now...is he juicing? McGregor must be the only fighter in history who gets accused of ducking fighters that he's already embarrassed. Not beaten. Embarrassed.

Newsflash - the Porier that lost to McGregor wasnt bad, he was just made to look bad.

Dustin Poirier nearly finished Habib in the second round, rocked him badly. Habib was moving weirdly trying to recover and most of Poirier's finishing blows failed to land solid. Habib recovered.
Conor on the other hand had the opportunity to stand for the whole 3rd round. Connected several times right on the chin to no effect. Habib took all of them and was not even phased, he even delivered some of his own punches and even slapped Conor stockton style

Dustin seemed much more effective striker and fighter of the two and is now the only fighter to come close to beating/finishing Habib.
I think the rematch between Poirier and Conor would be a great fight and it would look much differently than the first fight. And they both need this fight, Conor needs high caliper 155 fight and Dustin needs to revenge his loss.
Imagine how tony going to take khabib inti deep waters and drown him. Poirer is a fw.

Let me try!

Habib. Connor.

I feel like a badass already!!!

Poirier - McGregor II needs to happen for real.

Much Agreed! I thought this was the perfect fight for Conor to come back to, in fact if he had come back and faced Poirier and won I would not have argued his legitimacy to get that instant rematch with Khabib. Instead he chose a broken Cowboy in a different weight class as a ticket to a rematch.

A competition of who got their ass kicked less

Bit of an overstatement about "nearly finished Khabib", he got hit clean a few times never went down and was completely fine after moving away and resetting.
I do agree he did better than Conor tho, despite getting finished a round earlier. He landed better punches and had a choke that was pretty sunk in. At no point was Conor anywhere close to finishing Khabib. In the 3rd which he won and landed some shots, his arms were gassed and he had no real power. Khabib stood right in front of him the whole round and ate all of Conor's punches. Khabib actually landed the harder shots in that round.

He did some things better and some things worse. To say that Dustin did "much" better is a clear exaggeration. Conor stopped more takedowns, landed more strikes, won more rounds, and took longer to finish. But Poirier did have the guillotine.

I really wanna see Conor rematch Dustin. People either don't realise or they forget that Poirier landed some good shots on McGregor for as short as that fight lasted. He IS a threat to Conor on the feet. I'd still have to pick Conor to find Dustin's chin again. But it's a great fight and I wanna see it.
Dustin arguably did the worst against Khabib. The numbers tell a good story. Everyone else stopped some takedowns. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...abibs-past-5-opponents-and-their-tdd.4016965/

Both were one-sided. Who got dominated less doesn't bode well for rematches.

Imagine how tony going to take khabib inti deep waters and drown him. Poirer is a fw.
I actually support this theory. Tony will beat Habib. If Poirier was able to almost choke out and almost KO Habib, Tony will finish the job.

A competition of who got their ass kicked less
Exactly

Both were one-sided. Who got dominated less doesn't bode well for rematches.
Its always like that when you fight Habib though.

Bahahaha. Dustin would WORK Conor over now.

you're highly delusional...conor would ko dustin as easily he did the first time...and there is little to no chance of them ever fighting again....

He did some things better and some things worse. To say that Dustin did "much" better is a clear exaggeration. Conor stopped more takedowns, landed more strikes, won more rounds, and took longer to finish. But Poirier did have the guillotine.

I really wanna see Conor rematch Dustin. People either don't realise or they forget that Poirier landed some good shots on McGregor for as short as that fight lasted. He IS a threat to Conor on the feet. I'd still have to pick Conor to find Dustin's chin again. But it's a great fight and I wanna see it.

dustin didn't land shit on conor...and the fight lasted like a minute...

Dustin Poirier nearly finished Habib in the second round, rocked him badly. Habib was moving weirdly trying to recover and most of Poirier's finishing blows failed to land solid. Habib recovered.
Conor on the other hand had the opportunity to stand for the whole 3rd round. Connected several times right on the chin to no effect. Habib took all of them and was not even phased, he even delivered some of his own punches and even slapped Conor stockton style

Dustin seemed much more effective striker and fighter of the two and is now the only fighter to come close to beating/finishing Habib.
I think the rematch between Poirier and Conor would be a great fight and it would look much differently than the first fight. And they both need this fight, Conor needs high caliper 155 fight and Dustin needs to revenge his loss.

Nope, Dusty lost every round and cried like a baby . Meanwhile Conor won round 3 coming into the fight hungover and with CTE from Floyd. Nice try,
Conor 2.0 finishes Khabib easily.

khabib-nurmagomedov-dustin-poirier-ufc-242-18.jpg

960x0.jpg
f6ddc1fc-2dd5-11ea-8334-1a17c6a14ef4_image_hires_122510.JPG

firstly:
tenor.gif

Conor beat a drained 145 Dustin, who was very young and green. He could have fought Dustin, but he chose Cerrone. Fight fans want to see the Dustin fight at 155, so there is no argument that he shouldn’t fight him. He chose Cerrone, which speaks volumes about his own confidence in a rematch.

dustin didn't land shit on conor...and the fight lasted like a minute...
He landed some good left hands after the 1 minute mark that looked like they phased Conor. Also knocked the cap off his tooth.

Back