Dustin Poirier did much better vs Habib than Conor

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Dustin Poirier nearly finished Habib in the second round, rocked him badly. Habib was moving weirdly trying to recover and most of Poirier's finishing blows failed to land solid. Habib recovered.
Conor on the other hand had the opportunity to stand for the whole 3rd round. Connected several times right on the chin to no effect. Habib took all of them and was not even phased, he even delivered some of his own punches and even slapped Conor stockton style

Dustin seemed much more effective striker and fighter of the two and is now the only fighter to come close to beating/finishing Habib.
I think the rematch between Poirier and Conor would be a great fight and it would look much differently than the first fight. And they both need this fight, Conor needs high caliper 155 fight and Dustin needs to revenge his loss.

Last edited:
Poirier - McGregor II needs to happen for real.

No. And Conor smokes Dustin in a rematch.

True, but Conor stuffed all takedowns in the third round (and won the round) while Dustin got strangled and finished. Survival of the fittest. Conor simply had more heart.

True, but Conor stuffed all takedowns in the third round (and won the round) while Dustin got strangled and finished. Survival of the fittest. Conor simply had more heart.
lol at conor and heart being mentioned in the same sentence.

dustin at lightweight would smoke conor. it would be vicious.

True, but Conor stuffed all takedowns in the third round (and won the round) while Dustin got strangled and finished. Survival of the fittest. Conor simply had Herb's permission to cheat.
FTFY

Incoming damage control from the Conor loving nerds
Conor is an obnoxious asshole that messes up the LW division.
He also did better than Dustin against Khabib, and would smoke Dustin in a rematch,

He did some things better and some things worse. To say that Dustin did "much" better is a clear exaggeration. Conor stopped more takedowns, landed more strikes, won more rounds, and took longer to finish. But Poirier did have the guillotine.

I really wanna see Conor rematch Dustin. People either don't realise or they forget that Poirier landed some good shots on McGregor for as short as that fight lasted. He IS a threat to Conor on the feet. I'd still have to pick Conor to find Dustin's chin again. But it's a great fight and I wanna see it.

Conor is an obnoxious asshole that messes up the LW division.
He also did better than Dustin against Khabib, and would smoke Dustin in a rematch,

Never said he wouldn't

I just find it how hilarious his fan boys are by defending his honour

Last edited:
Lol no he didnt. Connor didnt get hit in the first round. Or get takedown in the 3rd round where he landed...Dustin was already finished by then....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back