Dumbest thing you've heard a fighter say

Shishio

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Go nuts, dumbest thing you've heard a fighter say, whether it be slip of the tongue, horrible view point or just random incoherent nonsense....these are my 2

Tito Ortiz mixing together 2 different metaphors after talking shit about the way Liddell talks lol (I guess this is what happens when you spend most of your career plying your shit talking game against Ken Shamwow's equally incoherent ass and I'm a Shamrock fan lol)

Sean O'Malley holding a baby saying he won't get addicted to heroin (said every heroin addict ever)

Chris Leben sending Anderson back to japan where the compeition is easier was a fun one. It isnt really so much that its dumb,more just selling the fight,and being adversarial.

Look, I'm not saying that it (Tito, red.) isn't funny or continue to be funny each and every time it's posted ... but seriously, if you're in a business where you need to be constantly prepared for someone sticking a mike to your head, you're bound to slip up or say some stupid shit from time to time.

Nick Diaz saying elbows in the closed guard are unfair because it allows the fighter in the top position to strike without taking risks.

Even worse, the entire Sherdog community agreed with him, and therefore declared the superiority of the Pride ruleset.

Nick Diaz saying elbows in the closed guard are unfair because it allows the fighter in the top position to strike without taking risks.

Even worse, the entire Sherdog community agreed with him, and therefore declared the superiority of the Pride ruleset.
Wow that's bizzare

Go nuts, dumbest thing you've heard a fighter say, whether it be slip of the tongue, horrible view point or just random incoherent nonsense....these are my 2

Tito Ortiz mixing together 2 different metaphors after talking shit about the way Liddell talks lol (I guess this is what happens when you spend most of your career plying your shit talking game against Ken Shamwow's equally incoherent ass and I'm a Shamrock fan lol)

Sean O'Malley holding a baby saying he won't get addicted to heroin (said every heroin addict ever)

Sean's remark doesn't seem all that exceptional to me, but Tito's is next level!

Sean's remark doesn't seem all that exceptional to me, but Tito's is next level!
I understand why a drug user would want to try heroin,because the first high is gonna be amazing. I know someone who tried it once and said they'd never try it again cos it'd be the death of them,cos it was so good.

I'm gonna leave well enough alone tho thx

Wow that's bizzare
Yes. The argument was also that elbows should be banned because they didn't actually hurt your opponent, and were more likely to just cut them and stop fights via cut.

It's hard to believe, but 10 years ago in the MMA community there was a lot of debate about whether elbows should be removed, and many people on Sherdog agreed with Nick Diaz' quote below.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/...lts-nick-diaz-transcript-press-conference-gsp

"
But, you know, I watched some of the fight here with Carlos, I thought he did a great job versus Johny here. You know (laughing), I hate that he lost. I hate it. I hate it. You know, but, (to Hendricks) no offense, but I don't think he lost though. (Hendricks and GSP smile) I just think that the way this sport is geared towards the wrestler. (both guys laugh) You know, goin' on top every round. You know, if you watched the Pride FC, which is gone now, disappeared, like, you gotta punch the guy. Take the elbows out. And if you're gonna make some good punches, it makes a lot of good space too. So you know, that makes it a little easier for the guy on bottom, when he's not trying to dodge elbows. He can make some attacks, and do some guard.

You know, I know Joe Rogan would like to see some bottom game. But I just don't think it's going to happen when some guys are just trying to lay flat, or trying to sit up for the elbow. But I think there should be a lot more, you know, like try to advance position, or just stand it up. You know, it's just cra - you know, when you used to watch a Pride show and it was 'Action! Action! Action!' You know, there's no elbows, and if you can't punch, you get your arm wrapped and you can't punch, they'll stand it up. So, um, I'd like to think that would help a little bit. And you know, I'll make excuses all day, but I gotta do what I gotta do to get the fights I want if I'm gonna fight."

Yes. The argument was also that elbows should be banned because they didn't actually hurt your opponent, and were more likely to just cut them and stop fights via cut.

It's hard to believe, but 15 years ago in the MMA community there was a lot of debate about whether elbows should be removed:

Well I understand that ppl don't want fights to end prematurely due to cuts but I think ufc proved that it's really not making such a huge difference in fight results

Back