dumbells vs barbells

B

Butcher101**

my arms hurt like fucking hell when i use barbells but when i use dumbells for the same excerise... curls for example... i dont hurt at all
is there an advantage to using barbells... cause i have an easier time with dumbells

It's good to vary your excersizes. Thats one reason why switching them up would be beneficial.

Why do your arms hurt when you use a barbell? Do you like mean near the elbow or you just can't lift it or what?

LCDforMe said:
It's good to vary your excersizes. Thats one reason why switching them up would be beneficial.

Why do your arms hurt when you use a barbell? Do you like mean near the elbow or you just can't lift it or what?
when i do barbell curls my wrists feel like shit.

Butcher101 said:
Its because Dumbbells allows your wrists and forearm to move in their natural motion where as the barbell is stiff as hell.

Butcher101 said:

same here man. i cant even grip a barbell with a double underhand grip; i got some fucked up wrists. i can however do thick bar reverse curls, which are cock diesel.

The body actually should be trained independently, meaning both arms/legs can work independent of each other, such as using DB's, Kettlebells and Clubbells. Will make you a lot stronger as well.

Butcher101 said:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing as well... but also at the elbows it hurts as well

only use the bar when you have to. using dumbells means you have to use stablizer muscles where you didnt before so you're getting a better workout on the lift.

only use the bar when you're doing something like bench that's so heavy dumbells isnt a safe option. on top of that, i love mixing in some dumbell bench at a lighter weight just to get those stabilzer muscles going. you can squeeze the chest muscles more as well if you're keeping good form.

BaRBELLS ARE TEH SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

rEmY said:
same here man. i cant even grip a barbell with a double underhand grip; i got some fucked up wrists. i can however do thick bar reverse curls, which are cock diesel.

"Cock Diesel"...Remy, you are my new slang hero. I love you.

CarnalSalvation said:
BaRBELLS ARE TEH SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Whoa.

I don't think you've reached your quota on the ciggies, tonight, Carnal.

Fight_Song said:
only use the bar when you have to. using dumbells means you have to use stablizer muscles where you didnt before so you're getting a better workout on the lift.

only use the bar when you're doing something like bench that's so heavy dumbells isnt a safe option. on top of that, i love mixing in some dumbell bench at a lighter weight just to get those stabilzer muscles going. you can squeeze the chest muscles more as well if you're keeping good form.

DB Bench is perfectly safe. Fuck, man, I do DB Bench on the swiss ball.

The reason you vary with the barbells is because it allows your muscles to work synergistically, and thus handle heavier loads. This can benefit your DB lifts- which I agree for an athlete should be the core of your resistance program.

Unless you use proper technique, you aren't benefitting the stabilizers, anyway. This may seem self-evident, but I work at a gym, and the percentage of guys who properly work the BB Bench (for bodybuilding or powerlifting purposes) heavily outweighs the percentage of guys I see do the DB Bench correctly.

I'm with Carnal. I almost always use Barbell's.

Espo said:
I'm with Carnal. I almost always use Barbell's.

Ditto, i feel as if BB puts more mass on me as i am able to pound on the weight. Also i maintain rigid form and so far its been workin great. Dont fix what aint broke buddies...

i do find dumbell bulgarian squats to be a very badass excercise, as well as dumbell military press. I think the adequate mix of both is neccessary.

Leviathan333 said:
What's the difference between dumbell and barbell? lol
WOW..........

Dumbbell:
pr-Exercise_Equipment-Cap_Barbell_Pair_of_50_Pound_Rubber_Hexagonal_Dumbbells_SDR-050-resized200.jpg

Barbell:
04455a.jpg

Ever been in a gym before?

DBs are what you would use if you were to do isolatory bicep curls etc.

BBs are what you use for bench press and so on.

You know what?

Your ass could have googled that in a second.

Back