Dry heaving after sparring

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASEGSEA

I've been dry heaving when sparring or doing plyometrics for the past month. Actually anything intense.

My HR gets to about 196. Anyway I could remedy this?

Make sure youre gonna enough minerals in your system as people tend to throw up during exertion if mineral content is low.

This is an interesting article about puking after working out...

Puking After Working Out

So why do you puke after you work out? In most cases the bottom line is that you worked harder than you should have and your body wants you to stop. Making you puke seems to achieve just that for most people!

Stupid question possibly but are you drinking heavy or thick liquids or eating carb or caloric-dense foods very close to your sessions? I would stop doing that if so and either moving your eating times back or eat "lighter" foods.

Also improve work capacity and stay hydrated with either water or something that replenishes electrolytes, preferably during the sessions.

Is it because of a dry throat? I find breathing in my nose and out my mouth prevents that dry throat gag from happening.

Make sure youre gonna enough minerals in your system as people tend to throw up during exertion if mineral content is low.

I eat plenty all morning and get my needed nutrients well into the afternoon. I don't eat a few hours prior as I've thrown up anything 2 hours before. To supplement, I drink Gatorade Prime and perform before and during.

Stupid question possibly but are you drinking heavy or thick liquids or eating carb or caloric-dense foods very close to your sessions? I would stop doing that if so and either moving your eating times back or eat "lighter" foods.

Also improve work capacity and stay hydrated with either water or something that replenishes electrolytes, preferably during the sessions.

I've tried all sorts of combo's: eat an hour before, two hours before, three, etc. I still dry-heave. Sometimes Gatorades, or only water, cold water, room-temp, etc. Believe me, I've experimented with every combo.

Is it because of a dry throat? I find breathing in my nose and out my mouth prevents that dry throat gag from happening.

This is not the case. I've had this happen before, but not during MMA. Not parched at all.

What's your resting heart rate?
High 70's, almost 80's.

I've been doing LSD, and I've noticed since I've started MMA and the whole dry-heaving thing I've become more prone to dry-heaving in other areas where it's never happened: powerlifting, LSD-running, stuff like that.

I've been doing LSD, and I've noticed since I've started MMA and the whole dry-heaving thing I've become more prone to dry-heaving in other areas where it's never happened: powerlifting, LSD-running, stuff like that.

Well, there's your problem. Stop dropping acid and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back