Law Drunk Driver who Killed Newlywed Wife and Injured Family Release On Pre-Trial Bond After 1 year

KnockoutsGalore

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It's been a little less than a year, but Jamie Komoroski hopes to be living her best life in 2 years, despite facing 25 years in prison for 4 felony charges including reckless homicide.

- She was 3 times the legal limit and had been drinking at 4 separate bars that day/night
- She chose to drive and turned the wrong way
- Was doing 65 in a 25 when she rear-ended a golf cart carrying the newlyweds and family away from the wedding that ended minutes earlier.
- Komoroski is repeatedly heard in recorded phone calls talking about herself, her life, and why this has happened to her, but never once addressed her victims.
- The judge agreed to a $150,000 bond if the County couldn't bring the case to trial by March 1st, which they didn't.
- Komoroski is under house arrest and 24/7 alcohol monitoring and had to surrender her passport
- Komoroski believes everything happens for a reason and that this will still lead to her living her best life 2 years from now.

No trial date is set at this time.

After a quick skim of the thread title my outrage was ready to be sparked over her only doing one year. However, after slowing down and reading I have no outrage. Even though she's clearly guilty she still gets due process and the state can't just let people rot in jail while they have their thumbs up their asses.

After a quick skim of the thread title my outrage was ready to be sparked over her only doing one year. However, after slowing down and reading I have no outrage. Even though she's clearly guilty she still gets due process and the state can't just let people rot in jail while they have their thumbs up their asses.

OP Thread fail....

lol

I've edited the title to include Pre-Trial Bond. I didn't see the confusion, but thanks for pointing it out to me.

As maddening as it all is, the fact that they clearly had a March 1st deadline and still don't have a date set is just odd to me. What are they concerned the defense is going to bring up that they need to be prepared for?

The wheels of justice turn... sometimes.

Let's take a guess shall we?

KOMOROSKI-HEARING-VIDEO-SCCHAOF1ME001.00_18_46_21.Still001.jpg

surprised-surprise.gif

I've edited the title to include Pre-Trial Bond. I didn't see the confusion, but thanks for pointing it out to me.

As maddening as it all is, the fact that they clearly had a March 1st deadline and still don't have a date set is just odd to me. What are they concerned the defense is going to bring up that they need to be prepared for?

The wheels of justice turn... sometimes.

You made it sound like she was getting a year jail time before.

This bitch will be going away for awhile. Deservedly

She better enjoy her free time while she can.

I'm not defending my OP. I agree it was confusing, so I edited it. Thanks.

True story,

Even with the 1 year time served it is going to be a lengthy stay.

From what I gather she seems to be one of them spoiled, woe is me kids. I could see someone leaking a video of her in a few months at some local dive bar.

True story,

Even with the 1 year time served it is going to be a lengthy stay.

From what I gather she seems to be one of them spoiled, woe is me kids. I could see someone leaking a video of her in a few months at some local dive bar.
We can only hope she violates the terms of her bond...

The problem is that 'the state' does actually let people rot in jail while they wait for trial - it simply depends on whether you have enough money to bail out.

And what this leads to is some people who happen to be completely innocent, but have no money for bail, are kind of strong-armed in to accepting a plea agreement where they admit guilt to something they didn't do, because if they do that, they get released, only now with a record. The alternative is to take the case to trial while they sit in county jail waiting for the trial to begin, which could be 6 months to a year or more.

So the decision is, do I sit in jail for a year, lose my job, my home/rental, and most of my belongings, so I MIGHT be declared innocent? Or do I accept a plea deal and get out immediately so I can keep my job/home/assets/etc, albeit with a conviction now on my record?

People with no money for bail do this all the time and the state knows it.

Back