dropping weight after power cleans

L

liontamer

i dont think the gym i go to would appreciate me dropping the bar instead of squatting it down but nevertheless i am wondering is that going to make a big difference in my explosive drive up?

1. find a jar of peanut butter

2. pick it up

3. set it down gently

4. wait

5. pick it up

6. slam it on the table

you have the same option with a loaded barbell, unless you are leaving some critical information out. are you used to smash-bouncing the weight off the floor to start a new rep?

also, if you go to a gym where they dont allow loud noises, you are probably in the wrong place.

carped33z said:
1. find a jar of peanut butter

2. pick it up

3. set it down gently

4. wait

5. pick it up

6. slam it on the table

you have the same option with a loaded barbell, unless you are leaving some critical information out. are you used to smash-bouncing the weight off the floor to start a new rep?

also, if you go to a gym where they dont allow loud noises, you are probably in the wrong place.

uh yeah, you never answered the question.

I don't know, but logic tells me that it will.

it takes energy but i doubt it hurts in the long run to put the weight down quietly

Does your platform have a squat rack attached to it?

If so, rack it at the top of every rep.

Then unload it from the rack as a seperate motion.

This is only useful on your heavier sets but the lighter ones should be trivial to control on the way down so it won't matter.

It doesn't take much energy if done properly.

It doesn't make a difference in your explosiveness.

thanks to the people that actually made some sort of sense

Sorry man,

I've never had the proper equipment or facility.

Olympic bar and 400lbs of iron. I don't want to drop that on my garage floor.
So I trained to let it down smoothly and with minimal effort.

But...not everyone is as smooth as I.

Man, if you have a cleaning platform, just control the bar (hold onto it), but drop that shit.

Otherwise, yeah, I had to control the descent at NYU since it's such a fucking pathetic metro school they don't even had one cleaning platform for 54,000 students. But I've been told it increases the risk for injury. That's just what's always been told to me by coaches, but none of the ones I can think of saying that really knew anything about anything else, so they might not be reliable.

Hell, this post is unnecessary. Alon will know.

Back