Dream fight:Lenny McLean vs Kimbo Slice

street fight standup only yea, but in a no rules SF shonie carter wouldve fucked him up

Gormans autobiography. He issued a challenge in one of the papers I think if memory serves me right. Called them both out and neither responded

I doubt Roy was too frightened to fight anyone.
Here he is answering a question about Gorman, in an interview

Well, you told me about him & showed me his book, I had never heard of him. If he was the King of the gypsies why didn’t he cop the hump with Donny Adams using his title without asking? (laughs) It seems the fashion to make a name for yourself on other peoples hard earned reputations these days. You showed me a photo with him at Reg’s funeral before, well I spoke to hundreds of people that day and thousands of photos were taken. I can’t know them all. Didn’t you say he claimed Mclean & the Frankhams bottled it from him aswell ? yeah right!!!!!!!! (laughs)

I just want to make it clear that I am not into slagging people in public but when they write complete crap about you very, very publicly what can you do? So I answer back without being abusive and then get the I’m being disrespectful to the dead bit!! I tell you this much. There is nothing I have said here, in my book or anywhere else about Lenny Mclean that I wouldn’t say to his face, and the first person who would have agreed with that would be Mclean himself. I didn’t like him and he knew it. I can’t speak for the Bartley Gorman fella as I don’t know who he was. That’s not disrespect just truth….. Who did he fight then?

But I have no idea where the truth lies.

Gormans autobiography. He issued a challenge in one of the papers I think if memory serves me right. Called them both out and neither responded

Roy Shaw's response (2003 interview):
Terry Currie - AND BARTLEY GORMAN?

Roy Shaw - Well, you told me about him & showed me his book, I had never heard of him. If he was the King of the gypsies why didn’t he cop the hump with Donny Adams using his title without asking? (laughs) It seems the fashion to make a name for yourself on other peoples hard earned reputations these days. You showed me a photo with him at Reg’s funeral before, well I spoke to hundreds of people that day and thousands of photos were taken. I can’t know them all. Didn’t you say he claimed Mclean & the Frankhams bottled it from him aswell ? yeah right!!!!!!!! (laughs)

I just want to make it clear that I am not into slagging people in public but when they write complete crap about you very, very publicly what can you do? So I answer back without being abusive and then get the I’m being disrespectful to the dead bit!! I tell you this much. There is nothing I have said here, in my book or anywhere else about Lenny Mclean that I wouldn’t say to his face, and the first person who would have agreed with that would be Mclean himself. I didn’t like him and he knew it. I can’t speak for the Bartley Gorman fella as I don’t know who he was. That’s not disrespect just truth….. Who did he fight then?
http://www.gangstersmafia.net/roy-shaw-interview.html

I have been meaning to read his bio.
King of the gypsies, I think it is called.
Have you read it?
If so, would you recommend it?

I remember some interview where someone was telling a story how Bartley got a rod put down his throat by some men.
Sounded crazy.

I have read it and I'd definitely recommend it if this genre is of interest. It's a really good read and doesn't come off like the archetypal 'I'm the biggest baddest motherfucker, I battered this guy and then I fucked up this guy' like some fighters books.

It's a good insight into the traveller lifestyle and he actually comes off like a nice guy with a strong set of morals. Don't get me wrong, it's his word and in the gypsy underworld claims are impossible to verify. So I can't confirm anything about his claims.

The story about the rod is in there year. Brutal! It was at Doncaster racecourse I think where a rival family jumped him and some friends. Fucked him up pretty badly as you imagine it would!

It's a top read though i would really recommend it. He goes into the past and looks to the future of bare knuckle fighting, giving a hat tip to guys like James Quinn McDonagh (the guy who has signed to fight Ken Shamrock in a bare knuckle bout in April) and Henry Francis, who Gorman actually fought just a few years before he died.

Incidentally, 'Knuckle' by McDonagh is also worth a read on this subject.

Kimbo couldn't even beat Gannon nevermind a legend

It's a top read though i would really recommend it. He goes into the past and looks to the future of bare knuckle fighting, giving a hat tip to guys like James Quinn McDonagh (the guy who has signed to fight Ken Shamrock in a bare knuckle bout in April) and Henry Francis, who Gorman actually fought just a few years before he died.

Incidentally, 'Knuckle' by McDonagh is also worth a read on this subject.

Kncukle was brilliant.
James seems like a good guy. I'm looking forward to the fight with Ken (if he shows up).

Tank would waste lenny

umm-no-ru-paul-gif.gif

Yeah like I said I've only read his book, it might not be true. I found it hard to believe that shaw or McLean would be afraid. As I understand it Adams wasn't king, he was just a gypsy (still a hard fucker then!) but he was marketed as such to hype up the fight with shaw. Read into it what you will, underground fighting is based more on bravado and hearsay than actual facts I would imagine

From what I've watched I would imagine so also. I don't know enough about any of them to give insight.

Kncukle was brilliant.
James seems like a good guy. I'm looking forward to the fight with Ken (if he shows up).

Me too, although I'm pretty sure it won't happen. I'm curious though!

If you enjoyed knuckle you will like gormans book.

Fun show about BKB for the curious

From what I've watched I would imagine so also. I don't enough about any of them to give insight.

I've read a fair bit on bare knuckle and gypsy fighting and it seems very much about hearsay. It's very difficult to substantiate any of the stories, prior to camera phones and YouTube.

God, I remember being soooooo fuckin pissed at Shamrock when he "got cut" right before the fight!

Then a wonderful thing happened...

Seth Douchehair comes in with his pink hair and thows a tiny jab off one foot and COMPLETELY derails the hype train. My favorite hype derailment ever. Nobody at my casa could believe what just happened.

God, I remember being soooooo fuckin pissed at Shamrock when he "got cut" right before the fight!

Then a wonderful thing happened...

Seth Douchehair comes in with his pink hair and thows a tiny jab off one foot and COMPLETELY derails the hype train. My favorite hype derailment ever. Nobody at my casa could believe what just happened.

did he really have that much hype by then? I don't remember it if he did.

did he really have that much hype by then? I don't remember it if he did.

his fights with JT and Seth drew some of the highest figures in US history for mma at the time so i guess a lot of people were really into him. i am not sure anyone thought he was a world beater but people were certainly interested in seeing what he was capable of

Back