• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Dragonlord's Recommendation: FRIEREN: BEYOND JOURNEY'S END

RIGHT YOU ARE!!!
icon_cheers.png

Got to ep 10 last night. (I have a lot more opportunities to watch now that my lady's into it.)

This hit home with another very profound analogy for irl... this time regarding energy work. We've seen bits & pieces here & there about Mana, but now they've really expanded on it big time.

As someone who has dabbled in training the energy system (etheric energy) surrounding the human body, I have been finding the visuals of their Mana to be fascinating.

This series is about someone who’s mastered that art & advanced beyond teh point of building it into a mammoth energy... but then consolidating that around her so that she isn't just firing on all cylanders at once. In this way she not only can surprise her enemy with bigger blasts than they thought she was capable of... she can use those reserves to continually fire them without draining herself.

Brilliant!!! The scene where she showed the true full strength of her Mana was epic AF!!!

iu

So Gansteh~
Yup, that was a gangster move by Frieren.
I love that she just simply said "kill yourself" to her enemy instead of the show doing a long overdrawn battle like what a typical anime does.

Also love the attention to details when Aura tries to cut off her head with a sword. You can see some part of her hair gets sliced off before the decapitation part.

I love the sub-theme to episode 9 which is deception. It kinda felt like our heroes (Frieren, Fern and Stark) where at a disadvantage against a superior enemy. But each of our heroes deceptively hid their true power (unintentional in Stark's case) and vanquished their enemies who underestimated them. Yeah, that Frieren revelation was epic but the Fern battle was equally epic.

After episode 10, there's a bunch of filler episodes before they start a new major arc. The filler episodes are still great to watch and adds more humor and depth to the characters and to the story overall.

Back