Dragao Armlock

Can you guys compare the materials, stitching, collar among the gi's you already have?

I'll mention to Fulvio (the owner) about showing the back patch. The thing to remember is that shrinkage has a direct correlation to quality. The poorer the quality material and build, the more it will shrink. I had a WAR and just washed it normally by the time the trousers came out they were about A2! Gi like Gameness and Koral shrink very little. That said, the Adidas is a top quality gi but if you wash it thoughtlessly it will shrink a size.
You guys who were lucky enough to get the Dragao... check compared to anyone else who gets a gi around this time, and look at them a year later on.... your Dragao will still look new compared.

Alex, well done for getting them in such good time!

Gi turns pink when dried with warm air.. same thing as the gameness.
but that goes away as it cools down.. i laughed the first time it happened.

The gi patch wasnt to bad if i was training under Flavio.
It says Flavio Behring Jiujitsu Brazil....... i train at the gracie barra in the US...
It was like a school patch... Like playing for the dallas cowboys and showing up in a dolphins jersey.

Ultimate mma, ill write a review on it as soon as i get to roll.

What i can tell you now..
Its not near as thick as my old Mizuno Judo gi.. so even though its a double its not bad at all. Its hardly thicker then a gold weave. But it is a little bit thicker then my Atama gold, and keiko racca gold. But i like it better.

The cut on the jacket is nicer then the other two cuts i have. The gi honestly just feels and looks like a better quality gi then my Keiko or atama.
The collar is nice, but its comparable to most other gis. Nothing spectacular or great about it.
The stitch job done on the jackets seams and patching is very nice..

The pants are thick and made out of canvas. Similar to the keiko racca pants, but better. The pants are cut better for more comfortable movement. They seem a little large around the waist and ass area.. but those are negligble things considering the waist has a tie.

The pants also have the Flavio Behring patches on the ankle as were found on the back of the gi. But they are smaller and not so bad. I actualy kind of like them.
Im verry happy with the gi but ill post up more when i actualy get to fight with it.

So far my only opponents have been my dog, and my bedroom mirror.... so no real rolling in it yet.

Thanks for the quick review. Is the collar made of rubber like Koral gi's? or is it thick cloth?

Top - Made of super reinforced cloth (990 gr/m), thick canvas collar with 6 sewings, according to CBJJ standards. Pants - Made of thick canvas (630 gr/m), double cloth until the bar and 4 extra reinforcements.Signed by Master Flavio Behring, 8th. degree. It brings exclusive flags of Porto Rico,USA,Canada or Europian Union. Choose yours

By the way this is the most comfortable gi I now own.

Mizuno Double.
Keiko Racca Limited
Atama Gold Weave
HSO or some cheap brand judogi

Thanks for the review Gsoares2. Can you quickly compare the Dragao and the Atama as far as gi thickness, weave, collar, and pants quality? I have a Atama gold weave as well and would like to know how the Dragao compares.

I'm planning on getting a Gameness gi through Ron/SSF's group buy and would also like to get a Na Guarda and Aries gi to do a comparison. I would like to compare them to my Koral and Atama gi's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back