• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Disrespect Banned From Twitch

And you care so much and this guy life was so fucked that you don't even know his name and were too lazy to Google it. You mean Daren Wilson, the cop who was cleared of all charges and resigned on how own accord? Literally hundreds of cops have actually killed people and beaten the court case and gone back to being cops, and are still cops to this day with no threat to there safety at all. He resigned for 'security concerns' that didn't even exist. I'll give you an A for effort, but wildly off topic and pretty telling as to the kind of person you are that you couldnt even name the guy.

Go on, please tell me what kind of person I am because I didn't write the guys name in my post.

Why is this being politicized? I never once heard Doc get political on stream. He was never a political personality to me.

The only political reference he ever made of which I was aware was discussed early in this thread, surrounding the personality David Icke, a famed conspiracy theorist, and shamed him for platforming the man. As I wrote at the time, I found that comical, because as I pointed out, Amazon, the parent company of Twitch, was at that very moment selling a documentary about Icke summarized as: "The first authorized documentary exploring the life of famed conspiracy theorist David Icke, the ‘mad man’ who has been proved right again and again." So it's not an issue of platforming. But I am (as I was) unfamiliar with Icke, I guess he's one of those crazy Jews-run-the-world lizard order guys, but I don't associate that with the American political left or political right. Even when I think of Neo-Nazis, I don't think of guys who rant about alien lizard cabals. They're pretty focused on Jews and non-whites who aren't Christian. I associate this Icke craziness only with conspiracy theorists who hate Israel and the Jews.

*Edit* Oh, concerning politics, it was also noted back when this thread was first made:
I don't think he's much of a nutbag. He plays an edgy character but mostly seems like a good dude from what I've seen. He's spent the last month raising money for BLM and always has good messages for his younger fans. As far as his persona goes, it's edgy but mostly positive.

Why is this being politicized? I never once heard Doc get political on stream. He was never a political personality to me.

The only political reference he ever made of which I was aware was discussed early in this thread, surrounding the personality David Icke, a famed conspiracy theorist, and shamed him for platforming the man. As I wrote at the time, I found that comical, because as I pointed out, Amazon, the parent company of Twitch, was at that very moment selling a documentary about Icke summarized as: "The first authorized documentary exploring the life of famed conspiracy theorist David Icke, the ‘mad man’ who has been proved right again and again." So it's not an issue of platforming. But I am (as I was) unfamiliar with Icke, I guess he's one of those crazy Jews-run-the-world lizard order guys, but I don't associate that with the American political left or political right. Even when I think of Neo-Nazis, I don't think of guys who rant about alien lizard cabals. They're pretty focused on Jews and non-whites who aren't Christian. I associate this Icke craziness only with conspiracy theorists who hate Israel and the Jews.

*Edit* Oh, concerning politics, it was also noted back when this thread was first made:

Is that a lie? Did we learn the woman's age?
Yeah the girl's age has never been confirmed.

This whole episode has made me lose even more faith in people. There’s this streamer called Sneako and a clip of him is going viral saying that the age of consent should change to when a girl goes through puberty or looks mature. People just going mask off after this, scary because I had no idea so many guys thought like this.

No, lie is correct here given its false information based off a fake email
No, a lie is when something is untrue. If it turns out she is 17, then it isn't a lie. While that circulated email might be the basis for his assumption, it isn't the basis of his claim, the claim you characterized as a lie, "She was only 17". It's a spurious email, and doesn't appear to be legitimate, based upon contradictions with Doc's own statements, but we don't know her age, only that she's a minor. To presume she is 17 is unsubstantiated speculation. However, to presume the presumption she is 17 is false is the exact same thing: unsubstantiated speculation. So when you use the word "lie" you are guilty of the exact same thing you are condemning.

Understand?

Reactions: HHJ
Everyone here can see, read, and understand what you posted. Still hard to imagine what kind of grown man would get on the internet and actually say what you just said and think that it's okay or think that people actually would believe him.
Like I said, I don't think you understood it. I literally said it was uncomfortable and even mortifying. Not sure where you got that I thought it was ok.

No, a lie is when something is untrue. If it turns out she is 17, then it isn't a lie. While that circulated email might be the basis for his assumption, it isn't the basis of his claim, the claim you characterized as a lie, "She was only 17". It's a spurious email, and doesn't appear to be legitimate, based upon contradictions with Doc's own statements, but we don't know her age, only that she's a minor. To presume she is 17 is unsubstantiated speculation. However, to presume the presumption she is 17 is false is the exact same thing: unsubstantiated speculation. So when you use the word "lie" you are guilty of the exact same thing you are condemning.

Understand?
When these dudes keep posting a false statement in order to obfuscate what Doc has done I shall continue calling it for what it is: a lie

The "17" wasn't a rumor, it was an attempt to pass off misinformation in order to make Doc look better

When these dudes keep posting a false statement in order to obfuscate what Doc has done I shall continue calling it for what it is: a lie

The "17" wasn't a rumor, it was an attempt to pass off misinformation in order to make Doc look better
Unless I missed a development where that email was confirmed to be made up, we don't know for certain the email is a fabrication, which is a better word for the assertion, the one you're looking for, though I think most would favor the assumption it is at this point. But that's beside the point. "What Doc has done". What has he done? We don't know, exactly, just yet. However you feel about @jefferz's arguments, they are staked to the possibility she is 17, and that remains a possibility. You don't just bristle at that possibility, you are personally attacking and disparaging someone for assuming it. Why? Why are you determined to prematurely render judgement according to an assumption that she is younger? Again, this shows that you are no different than the person you are insulting: you are reaching conclusions based on assumptions when you don't know them to be true.

So you're wrong, and I just explained to you why you are wrong, twice now, but feel free to be a pitchfork-shaking hypocrite.

Unless I missed a development where that email was confirmed to be made up, we don't know for certain the email is a fabrication, which is a better word for the assertion, the one you're looking for, though I think most would favor the assumption it is at this point. But that's beside the point. "What Doc has done". What has he done? We don't know, exactly, just yet. However you feel about @jefferz's arguments, they are staked to the possibility she is 17, and that remains a possibility. You don't just bristle at that possibility, you are personally attacking and disparaging someone for assuming it. Why? Why are you determined to prematurely render judgement according to an assumption that she is younger? Again, this shows that you are no different than the person you are insulting: you are reaching conclusions based on assumptions when you don't know them to be true.

So you're wrong, and I just explained to you why you are wrong, twice now, but feel free to be a pitchfork-shaking hypocrite.
wtf does @jefferz have to do with this? lol

This whole episode has made me lose even more faith in people. There’s this streamer called Sneako and a clip of him is going viral saying that the age of consent should change to when a girl goes through puberty or looks mature. People just going mask off after this, scary because I had no idea so many guys thought like this.
Isn't that the bug like creature who got banned from the UFC because he said he was gonna try and get into Trump's face?

Guy Beahm, a.k.a. Dr Disrespect, a flamboyant game personality and one of the most popular creators on Twitch, with 4 million followers at the time, was permanently banned from the platform five days later. Renowned for playing battle royale shoot-em-up games in character as a kind of alpha jock sporting a thick mustache and mullet wig, he had signed a major multiyear deal with the company that March. Commenting on his lifetime suspension, Twitch would only confirm that he had violated community guidelines. Soon after, Discord cut him loose from their partnership program, reserved for the most active and popular server communities. Beahm went on to sue Twitch over financial losses and reputational damages, and settled with the company in 2022. Neither party admitted to any wrongdoing, and the details of this legal agreement remain unclear.

Meanwhile, the cause for the ban remained a mystery, prompting years of innuendo, conspiracy theories and questions about why neither Twitch nor gaming journalists had been able to reveal the nature of Beahm’s violation. (Full disclosure: the primary author of this article, Rod Breslau, first learned the reason for Beahm’s ban from credible sources in June 2020, but chose not to report on it then due to the extreme sensitivity of the topic.)

The gossip reached a fever pitch on Friday, when former Twitch employee Cody Conners — without naming Beahm — tweeted out what many interpreted as an explanation of why he’d been banned. Beahm denied any wrongdoing in a tweet the following day. “I didn’t do anything wrong, all this has been probed and settled, nothing illegal, no wrongdoing was found,” he wrote. But after independently reviewing internal Twitch communications and interviewing a source with knowledge of the situation, Rolling Stone has learned that Beahm was kicked off the platform in 2020 for allegedly sexting a minor through a since-discontinued messaging feature called Whispers, even after learning she was underage. He also allegedly inquired about her plans to attend TwitchCon, the company’s semi-annual gaming convention.

On Monday, Beahm was fired from Midnight Society, the gaming studio he co-founded, which said it had investigated the allegation against him after learning of it the night of Conners’ cryptic tweet. (The company did not reply to a request for comment.) Then, on Tuesday, reporting from the Verge’s Ash Parrish and Bloomberg’s Cecilia D’Anastasio matched the details of Beahm’s case to Conners’ account. Three sources confirmed to Bloomberg that Beahm had been kicked off the site for sending direct messages to a minor that included sexually graphic details. Two of those sources also confirmed that Beahm had asked her about plans for the upcoming TwitchCon.

A former Twitch trust and safety employee, who worked for the platform at the time Beahm was banned and has direct knowledge of the matter, confirmed to Rolling Stone that Beahm continued to send sexually graphic messages to a minor he knew to be underage. This former employee, who requested anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their career, also said that crucial elements of Beahm’s latest defensive tweet are inaccurate.

“I recall that Dr Disrespect was made aware by the individual that they were underage during the conversation, after which he indicated that this was no problem and continued on,” the former employee says. “There was no confusion. Messages sent after this was acknowledged were no less graphic and in sexually explicit nature than before, and I think more than the categorization of ‘leaning too much in the direction of being inappropriate’ might indicate.”

The ex-Twitch employee has also provided Rolling Stone a more detailed account of internal conversations at Twitch following the report of Beahm’s messages and his subsequent ban. They say the details of Beahm’s case are coming out because of Conners’ explosive tweet last week. “Cody definitely got the ball rolling. Me and many of my former colleagues are only comfortable speaking up now because of it. Our priority is always to the safety of the [alleged] victim and to keep their identity secret,” they said.

YouTube’s former global head of gaming partnerships at Google, Ryan Wyatt, confirmed to Rolling Stone that Beahm was not offered a contract due to chatter about the circumstances of his Twitch ban. He says that a Twitch employee and journalists investigating the incident told YouTube employees that it involved inappropriate messages to a minor.

“The unfortunate part of all of it was there were so many rumors circulating in the industry, one that a minor was involved,” he says. “But no one produced first-hand knowledge or evidence, and because of those rumors, there was no reason to entertain doing any deal with [Beahm], and no evidence produced means you can’t act on a [terms of service] violation. The whole situation got even more confusing when Twitch settled and effectively said, ‘no wrongdoing’ which made everyone in the industry dismiss the rumors, but even still, there was never a reason to do a deal with him after that ban.”

Like I said, I don't think you understood it. I literally said it was uncomfortable and even mortifying. Not sure where you got that I thought it was ok.
No, you're the one not understanding whats being critiqued here. Nobody believes that highschool girls were hitting on you or telling you that there parents were out of town. And it's mega fucking weird to make up shit like that in an effort to 'prove a point'.

stick-me-with-a-fork-im-done-tracy-glantz.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JetKinen
Back