DQ (Refused to Stand Up from Butt Scoot)?

excellent reffering. Deserved to be dq'ed.

Not really. Even a striker needs to engage. By the same rule a striker can get DQ'd too if he keeps running away.

I think running away is worse than buttscooting even if kicks to the head aren't allowed to downed opponents. Buttscooters are at least trying to sweep or grab some version of the guard.
Maybe they could change the rules to force buttscooters to give up the sidemount if they want to play that game.

Only issue I have with it, is it should've been a TKO. Why tarnish the record of the guy who wanted to fight, give him the win.
Unless it varies from organization or type of of DQ, as far as I know all DQs result in a win for the opposing fighter. You can't really give a guy a TKO he didn't earn. But he does get his win as far as I know.

Anyone remember when Nick Serra said that GSP's not a fighter and that he's a coward and how he's a Serra and Serras never give up? Then he refused to stand up and got DQd LMAO

Exactly what came to mind when I saw this thread. So funny

I've always wondered why the butt scoot is a near-instant standup

No other positions are treated like this that I have seen, but a ref will make the fighter one the ground stand up within seconds most of the time, it's really strange

Back