DQ (Refused to Stand Up from Butt Scoot)?

I don't know how to feel about that. I mean, if you can still grapple on the ground then you're not "finished," so the fight could continue. It's just weird, cuz if you don't wanna stand with a striker and you go into butt scoot position, you lose, but if you don't wanna get on the ground with a grappler, you just use TD defense.

This clearly favors the striker, which I'm not particularly bothered by because although I love grappling, I prefer striking, but biases aside, it's kinda unfair.

Fights start standing that's the way it is. Happened in the Elite XC once already to Matt Serra's brother I believe.

I remember this same thing happening with Matt Serra's brother Nick in EliteXC a few years back. Nick was getting dominating, kept trying to pull it to the ground until finally refusing to stand up from a butt scoot and got DQ'd.

Another one, the guy had been shooting in for takedowns all fight and getting stuffed each time, and basically exhausted himself to the point he couldn't get off the floor. Got himself a DQ for his troubles.

I don't know how to feel about that. I mean, if you can still grapple on the ground then you're not "finished," so the fight could continue. It's just weird, cuz if you don't wanna stand with a striker and you go into butt scoot position, you lose, but if you don't wanna get on the ground with a grappler, you just use TD defense.

This clearly favors the striker, which I'm not particularly bothered by because although I love grappling, I prefer striking, but biases aside, it's kinda unfair.

You want the fight on the floor, you have to take it there. Werduming it doesn't cut it.

Fights start standing that's the way it is. Happened in the Elite XC once already to Matt Serra's brother I believe.

Nobody ever mentions that Nick's legs were absolutely ruined from Leg Kicks and he was exhausted, he physically couldnt get up.

Only issue I have with it, is it should've been a TKO. Why tarnish the record of the guy who wanted to fight, give him the win.

Ray Longo teaches the destruction.

Nick Serra teaches this.

simeon thorenson came pretty close to doing this last night at cw

Not really. Even a striker needs to engage. By the same rule a striker can get DQ'd too if he keeps running away.

It's a tough call.

I can't see stopping it with 30 seconds left, but warnings and point deductions were given and it is the rule

I was pretty happy to see a ref actually put his foot down on it. He warned him, docked a point, and DQ'd. Between all of those instances there were plenty of other butt scoots. I was happy Aguiar got DQ'd, he made that fight a joke.

Not really. Even a striker needs to engage. By the same rule a striker can get DQ'd too if he keeps running away.

Well yeah, but even Starnes didn't get DQ'd. Shit, he didn't even get a point deduction.

I was pretty happy to see a ref actually put his foot down on it. He warned him, docked a point, and DQ'd. Between all of those instances there were plenty of other butt scoots. I was happy Aguiar got DQ'd, he made that fight a joke.

Refs should follow this guy's example on standing and scooting timidity, plus eye pokes and nut shots.

Except a decision win is better than a DQ win. What was with Aguilar's facial tics? It was creepy.

Except a decision win is better than a DQ win. What was with Aguilar's facial tics? It was creepy.

Ref decisions should have nothing to do with what looks better on a record. Aguiar broke the rule multiple times, doesn't matter how much time was left in my opinion. We need consistent officiating in this sport.

Well yeah, but even Starnes didn't get DQ'd. Shit, he didn't even get a point deduction.
The Starnes fight could have ended in a DQ for sure too. It's up to the ref to make the decision and in general I think refs are quite hesitant to give out DQs.

Besides timidity DQs are quite rare and pretty much in all cases letting the fight go on would result in a lopsided decision anyway. So I wouldn't really worry about them too much.

Passivity is a foul. Plus he disobeyed the ref by refusing to get up.

Anyone remember when Nick Serra said that GSP's not a fighter and that he's a coward and how he's a Serra and Serras never give up? Then he refused to stand up and got DQd LMAO

Back