Crime Dozens of American Missionaries and Family Members Kidnapped in Haiti

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That's the risk of preaching religion in a shithole country. Will Murica pay the ransom or will it open a can of whoop ass?
As many as 17 American Christian missionaries and their families, including children, have reportedly been kidnapped by gang members in Haiti's capital, Port-au-Prince.

The kidnapping happened as the missionaries were leaving an orphanage, the New York Times reports. The group are being held by the armed gang, a local security source told the AFP news agency.

The US government is yet to provide any information on the incident.

Armed gangs have controlled the poorest districts of the Haitian capital for years. Recently they have extended their hold to other parts of Port-au-Prince and its outlying areas, which has led to a huge rise in kidnappings.
Haiti: US missionaries reportedly kidnapped in Port-au-Prince - BBC News

I would hope they US does something. That's beyond a local law enforcement level, especially for Haiti.

There are few shittier countries on God's green Earth.

If you want to visit, I would strongly encourage seeking moderate private military assistance from reliable, high-level operators. The Lord in Heaven, long may he reign, helps only those who help themselves.

Definitely the government should not pay. It's their supporting church responsibility to pay but it's a bad idea to pay.

Not sure if we should risk more Americans to get them back. I'm on the fence about that.

Definitely the government should not pay. It's their supporting church responsibility to pay but it's a bad idea to pay.

Not sure if we should risk more Americans to get them back. I'm on the fence about that.

Use all the taxes the church doesn't pay for their ransom. Or don't. Forcing people to believe what you believe by bringing them toothbrushes and soap isn't all that good imo.

Use all the taxes the church doesn't pay for their ransom. Or don't. Forcing people to believe what you believe by bringing them toothbrushes and soap isn't all that good imo.

Not sure how that's forcing anyone. However they knew going in what kind place it was. I'm not sure why they would being their kids.

Not sure how that's forcing anyone. However they knew going in what kind place it was. I'm not sure why they would being their kids.

Well they aren't doing the old school kill you til your Christian method but I'm sure they are making poor ignorant people think they are going to hell if they don't convert. If God is all good and such thats a fucking ridiculous concept but let's not get into that and just say I don't agree with forcing beliefs on others.

We shouldn’t risk a single life to rescue then.
They entered a country with a high kidnapping rate voluntarily. Personal responsibility and such.

Back