Opinion Doormat Spending Proposals: 97.5 Trillion

Have a good day Viva. I'm sure it means nothing to you but this thread has made me lose some respect for your intelligence level.

It's all good man.

This is the response I am used to on here, when I challenge people's world view.

Most aren't capable of adapting to those challenges, they choose instead to put on blinders.

I personally like to know who those people are. They are the ones who panic when crisis shows up. They never trained their brain to be able to cope.

Just out of curiosity, what crisis's have you experienced that you are prepared for?

Also I dont think declaring the U.S. military useless is challenging anyones worldview, least of all not mine. It's just a completely unsubstantiated viewpoint.
To the point it's pretty worthless to argue against.
I guess I could try to educate you but I doubt it would take and to be honest I dont care that much. Enjoy the country and all it provides and keep pretending the military is not a part of that if it makes you happy.
It's all good man.

This is the response I am used to on here, when I challenge people's world view.

Most aren't capable of adapting to those challenges, they choose instead to put on blinders.

I personally like to know who those people are. They are the ones who panic when crisis shows up. They never trained their brain to be able to cope.

Just out of curiosity, what crisis's have you experienced that you are prepared for?

Also I dont think declaring the U.S. military useless is challenging anyones worldview, least of all not mine. It's just a completely unsubstantiated viewpoint.
To the point it's pretty worthless to argue against.
I guess I could try to educate you but I doubt it would take and to be honest I dont care that much. Enjoy the country and all it provides and keep pretending the military is not a part of that if it makes you happy.

But see you dont know anything. You are low info.

What was the US standing military before WWII?

Nah bro, I'm not going through a history lesson with you. I know perfectly well the history of our military. I am also not blind to the uses of the military in modern times. Including to support global trade like you stated.

But I did notice you avoided my question. What crises have you experienced that you think you are prepared for?
You threw out that statement like it was an insult or something. I'm curious how qualified you really are.
But see you dont know anything. You are low info.

What was the US standing military before WWII?

Nah bro, I'm not going through a history lesson with you. I know perfectly well the history of our military. I am also not blind to the uses of the military in modern times. Including to support global trade like you stated.

But I did notice you avoided my question. What crises have you experienced that you think you are prepared for?
You threw out that statement like it was an insult or something. I'm curious how qualified you really are.

I've been shot at 4 different times. Does that count?

I'm just telling you that allot of these tough guy conservatives that can't adapt, aren't really that tough. They are actually the ones you have to watch when real crisis shows up.

It's just like anything man. Faults have weakness. I am arrogant. Many times in my life I have bitten off more than I can chew.

Of course some self awareness goes a long way.

Capitalism isn't shit without massive amounts of resources, and the rule of law the government is supposed to uphold. Ask Somalia.
This is one of the silliest examples used to critique small government conservatives. Its not like Somalia collapsed after attempting so called small government reforms, it was a failed state due to many factors that affect other post-colonial states. Its certainly not a capitalist system, its a Mad Max hellscape.

And look, I am not a fan of so called small government conservatism but Somalia is just really not a good counter-example.

Go look at what he was replying to. Someone said it's not fair that people work hard to pay off their debt then bernie will just wipe away other people's debt. He said it's not fair one kid gets cancer and dies and the other doesn't, but there is a big difference between not fair a kid didn't survive cancer and not fair because of shitty govt. policies created to buy votes.
Alright fair enough. I still don't buy the "unfair" argument there but there's definitely a key difference between something like cancer which comes out of the blue and where survival depends on a lot of factors outside our control and something like student loan forgiveness.

This is one of the silliest examples used to critique small government conservatives. Its not like Somalia collapsed after attempting so called small government reforms, it was a failed state due to many factors that affect other post-colonial states. Its certainly not a capitalist system, its a Mad Max hellscape.

And look, I am not a fan of so called small government conservatism but Somalia is just really not a good counter-example.

Is there any government stopping capitalism from turning Somalia into a utopia?

I think Somalia is a perfect response for those that think capitalism built America, when Eisenhower did more than Henry Ford ever did to make this country.

Is there any government stopping capitalism from turning Somalia into a utopia?

I think Somalia is a perfect response for those that think capitalism built America, when Eisenhower did more than Henry Ford ever did to make this country.
No, its really not. Only the most retarded of libertarians think that capitalism can function in the complete absence of government and law and order, most people who support capitalism acknowledge that we need a bare minimum of law and order and a property rights regime for it to function.

Btw here's an interesting video that does show that something like a market force was stabilizing Somalia

Basically, in Somalia you have to pay protection to a warlord to operate a business. But most warlords are ethnic or tribal warlords so they only really protect their own. The Islamist group cuts across ethnic/tribal lines so they can actually build a broader base and thus offer lower prices for protection. There ya go, the free market saves the day yet again!

No, its really not. Only the most retarded of libertarians think that capitalism can function in the complete absence of government and law and order, most people who support capitalism acknowledge that we need a bare minimum of law and order and a property rights regime for it to function.

Btw here's an interesting video that does show that something like a market force was stabilizing Somalia

Basically, in Somalia you have to pay protection to a warlord to operate a business. But most warlords are ethnic or tribal warlords so they only really protect their own. The Islamist group cuts across ethnic/tribal lines so they can actually build a broader base and thus offer lower prices for protection. There ya go, the free market saves the day yet again!

Ha!

I never said the market shouldn't allocate resources. Yet to see a better system.

It just isn't the creator of Western Civilization. Government and the rule of law is.

In this case the egg clearly came before the chicken.

Fair enough. And although we are not going to see eye to eye on this thread. You should know I've spent 2 years at war. I'm not one that will fold during crises.
I'm also not a tough guy conservative either though so it is what it is.
No worries man. Carry on.
I've been shot at 4 different times. Does that count?

I'm just telling you that allot of these tough guy conservatives that can't adapt, aren't really that tough. They are actually the ones you have to watch when real crisis shows up.

It's just like anything man. Faults have weakness. I am arrogant. Many times in my life I have bitten off more than I can chew.

Of course some self awareness goes a long way.

Ha!

I never said the market shouldn't allocate resources. Yet to see a better system.

It just isn't the creator of Western Civilization. Government and the rule of law is.

In this case the egg clearly came before the chicken.
I don't think anyone has claimed that, certainty not anyone that is taken seriously by the mainstream.

Has anybody figured out where Doormat is coming up with $100T for his plans, yet?

Back