Don't fall for the hype.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
Nate's gonna whoop his ass again. At this stage of fighting, a tiger doesn't change his stripes, and a fighter doesn't jsut turn into someone else within a few months.

Conor is who he is, and Nate is who he is. It's gonna come down to, if Conor wins, he'a gonna have to be someone else that night, and he'a gonna have to pull a running man to last all 5, let alone even beat Nate.

Nate just has to ve Nate, be on his O's and Q's, and be laser like focused, and not get caught up in the previous victory. Fight the same fight, but get your offense off earlier, and still be caitious in the beginning, and til the end.

The moment you feel you have his heart, pounce and finish. That is all. The question for this fight is, at what moment does Nate hurt, and start marching Conor down?

I guess finishing Mendes, Poirier, and Aldo makes you just hype.

Explain Bisping Rockhold if a fighter never changes? I'll wait. This is MMA Conor beating Nate wouldn't even come close to some of the crazy we have seen even in the last 12 months.

I think we all fully expect that for Conor to win he will have to land the big left and knock Nate out, or maybe wobble him bad enough to get the stoppage. He will likely have to do this in the first round or maybe the second. If he doesn't do that then he will very likely lose.

I like Nate's chances

And obviously this could just be fake bravado for the cameras, and he really knows what truly happened in there, but if he thought he was really dominating, and just got caught, that's not a good mentality to have for Conor, leading up to the fight.

For Conor's sake, I hope he relaizes what happened that night, and understands he's not built for 5 rounds against Nate.

It's easy to be hyped when you and your fan base talk about holding 3 belts at once. He can be a very good fighter and still be a hype job.

I've been on here for a long time. By FAR the dumbest thing I've seen on here is this idea that Conor can't win a rematch because he lost the first one.

Like he didn't win the first round and like a fighter can't just win a rematch.

I've been on here for a long time. By FAR the dumbest thing I've seen on here is this idea that Conor can't win a rematch because he lost the first one.

Like he didn't win the first round and like a fighter can't just win a rematch.
MMA-521118.jpg

View attachment 131093

And just enjoy the fight, ffs.

Oh trust me, I'm gonna enjoy the living shit out of this fight. And no matter what I say, there still is a bit of that, anything can happen element to this, since it is MMA, but I'm just trying to remind myself, and my fellow Sherdoggers that behind all the hype for the rematch, Conor's talk, glitters and gold, it's still 2 guys in the cage, and one has the perfect style and physical attributes to beat the other.

Oh trust me, I'm gonna enjoy the living shit out of this fight. And no matter what I say, there still is a bit of that, anything can happen element to this, since it is MMA, but I'm just trying to remind myself, and my fellow Sherdoggers that behind all the hype for the rematch, Conor's talk, glitters and gold, it's still 2 guys in the cage, and one has the perfect style and physical attributes to beat the other.

God you're boring.

Embrace the hype. One side or the other, Nate or Conor, have some fun into the build up of this thing. Pick a side, shit talk, post gifs, post dankmemes. UFC 200 was a massive let down; UFC 202 can be what 200 should have been.

No matter what happens, when the ref steps in or the scorecards are read, I want sherdog to crash.

Nate Diaz is by far NOT the most articulate person, but he speaks volumes of truth. As a matter fact encyclopedias of truth. As he stated clearly in the first press conference when they fought the first time…

"You HOPE you are gonna knock me out, you hope! They may believe it but you yourself don't believe it"

At that point in time MacGregor questioned himself & knew for a fact he was bullshiting everybody around him but himself as well as Nate

That's a fucked up policy of truth to face before walking in a cage and facing the man that knows the truth

And let's also factor this. Conor can talk about how much hes so much mote prepared and, and training specific blah blah, but he lost to the mosy unprepared version of Nate he will ever be facing. He had Nate Diaz handed to him on a silver platter.

Forget about Conor's side. Nate also has a ton of room for improvement, basically off conditioning, and sharpness alone. Being in fight shape, physically, and mentally.

Conor already had a hill to climb. Now he has to overcome Nate's style, with a lean, mean fighting machine version of that nightmare matchup.

Saturday couldn't come soon enough!

Nate, you better be on your fuckin' O's and Q's, motherfucker!

We need a tide to come sweep these Conner trolls away.

We're barely holdin' on.

2 of those were short notice fights and one coming off a broken rib so maybe a half camp. is that your champion? a guy who is proud of fighting people out of shape? that's a pussy in my book. this is the realest test for both men. both men in full camps both men got some dangerous skills. I'm indifferent when it comes to Conor but if he beats Nate at 100% (even with Media obligations i think Nate is at 100%) then he is the real deal. until then it's up in the air.

2 of those were short notice fights and one coming off a broken rib so maybe a half camp. is that your champion? a guy who is proud of fighting people out of shape? that's a pussy in my book. this is the realest test for both men. both men in full camps both men got some dangerous skills. I'm indifferent when it comes to Conor but if he beats Nate at 100% (even with Media obligations i think Nate is at 100%) then he is the real deal. until then it's up in the air.
He was the real deal when he snuffed out Aldo in 13 seconds.

I think Nate will win but it will be a competitive fight. It's far from the craziest thing to happen this year if McGregor wins and I think his best chance is to do so by decision. With his cardio it won't be easy over 5 rounds but McG has the skills IMO to outpoint him.

Back