Don't blame the judges

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 196663

Let's step back and think about this for a second. Bad judging does not occur randomly, or as a rare act of incompetence or negligence. Consider the endless list of boxing matches where the judges screwed things up. The most recent being Pacquiao-Bradley, but remember Eugenia Williams, who scored the Holyfield-Lewis fight for Holyfield! The problem is not with the judges, it's the standards in place that allowed them there in the first place. We can persecute Jeff Collins for giving all three rounds to Sanchez, we can demand that he explain his position, but the real question is why is he there to begin with?! Who put him there, and what, if any, are the standards that allow people like that to judge in the first place? Jeff Collins can never judge another fight in his life. We are still in the same situation, facing the same system that will just replace Jeff Collins with some other incompetent hack that has no idea what is going on. We need to point our fury towards uncovering the selection process for appointing fight judges! Otherwise this will never end.

Spot on. But you can't help but hate on such a level of incompetence.

Ridiculous logic.

Judges have a responsibility to the sport. Not only is it reasonable to expect them to be good at their job, it's expected.

So I will blame the judges. The only person who made Jeff Collins write a 30-27 Diego Sanchez win on his scorecard was Jeff Collins. The fault lies with him

no ill blame the judges. he might be a great judge when he isn't paid off

Sure, I blame the commissions that hire hack judges as political favors, but why would I not blame the judge directly responsible for this travesty as well?

The judges are adults I expect them to have a brain

I blame the judges if they don't know how to score the sport.

Don't blame the guys who are directly responsible for the score cards that dictate the winner.

Makes sense.

The judges are adults I expect them to have a brain

I am pretty confident that you could take 3 random people that don't really watch MMA and they would have scored that fight right.

Fair point. If you put a mule in a horse race, mule would stop half way & starts humping the fence. Big responsibility goes to the corrupt governing bodies that employ these donkey judges.

Incompetent people are consistently hired. Blaming a pawn doesn't advance your position. It is a systemic problem. Boxing already attempted to simply focus on the individual judges. How has that worked out after 100+ years? We still don't know how the hell these judges earn their position.

Ridiculous logic.

Judges have a responsibility to the sport. Not only is it reasonable to expect them to be good at their job, it's expected.

So I will blame the judges. The only person who made Jeff Collins write a 30-27 Diego Sanchez win on his scorecard was Jeff Collins. The fault lies with him

Did you even read the entire op? :rolleyes:

I agree cut the head off the snake not the tail

Let's step back and think about this for a second. Bad judging does not occur randomly, or as a rare act of incompetence or negligence. Consider the endless list of boxing matches where the judges screwed things up. The most recent being Pacquiao-Bradley, but remember Eugenia Williams, who scored the Holyfield-Lewis fight for Holyfield! The problem is not with the judges, it's the standards in place that allowed them there in the first place. We can persecute Jeff Collins for giving all three rounds to Sanchez, we can demand that he explain his position, but the real question is why is he there to begin with?! Who put him there, and what, if any, are the standards that allow people like that to judge in the first place? Jeff Collins can never judge another fight in his life. We are still in the same situation, facing the same system that will just replace Jeff Collins with some other incompetent hack that has no idea what is going on. We need to point our fury towards uncovering the selection process for appointing fight judges! Otherwise this will never end.

Can't we blame both? :D

Don't blame the commission when the Judges took a bribe. Seriously I don't think they could be that bad at their job

Of course we blame the judges. They are the ones who scored the fight for Diego lol

Back