Don't blame the judges

• Thread starter Deleted member 196663
  • Start date
The problem is the UFC doesn't wanna do anything about it. They just say it's the AC who makes the choice. This is BS. The UFC CAN have a say if they wanted to, I guarantee it. Honestly, I think they don't do shit about it because it encourages fighters to go for finishes. They can say look how bad the judging is, so go for finishes. Just my opinion, tho.

i blame the judges...
if they cant score sh*t then they shouldnt accept that position...
if you are not a doctor but a telemarketer, would you perform an operation if people put you in the e.r. to do it?

i blame the judges...
if they cant score sh*t then they shouldnt accept that position...
if you are not a doctor but a telemarketer, would you perform an operation if people put you in the e.r. to do it?

Seriously? If the AC called you tomorrow and gave you a judging position, would you take it? Yes you would.

Don't compare a doctor's job to fight judging.

The problem is the UFC doesn't wanna do anything about it. They just say it's the AC who makes the choice. This is BS. The UFC CAN have a say if they wanted to, I guarantee it. Honestly, I think they don't do shit about it because it encourages fighters to go for finishes. They can say look how bad the judging is, so go for finishes. Just my opinion, tho.

but a good amount of people watching the ufc are wagering on it. those same people would not be watching it if they weren't betting on it. when judging is this bad it turns away the gambler. gambling is the reason college ftball is on Tuesday and Wednesday nights on espn.

Seriously? If the AC called you tomorrow and gave you a judging position, would you take it? Yes you would.

Don't compare a doctor's job to fight judging.

course it wont, duhh

Ridiculous logic.

Judges have a responsibility to the sport. Not only is it reasonable to expect them to be good at their job, it's expected.

So I will blame the judges. The only person who made Jeff Collins write a 30-27 Diego Sanchez win on his scorecard was Jeff Collins. The fault lies with him

You either A: Didn't read the entirety of his post

B: Didn't understand his post

C: stupid

Fair point OP, but I wouldn't accept a job as a mechanic if I couldn't fix a car.

Ridiculous logic.

Judges have a responsibility to the sport. Not only is it reasonable to expect them to be good at their job, it's expected.

So I will blame the judges. The only person who made Jeff Collins write a 30-27 Diego Sanchez win on his scorecard was Jeff Collins. The fault lies with him

Did you happen to ... read his post at all?

People who are total shit at their job usually get fired. Thing is that these monkeys the athletic commissions have judging fights are not ruining their own careers, theyre ruining this sport and robbing the fighters of money and opportunities.

Collins is an experienced Judge with a number of UFC events under his belt, and normally is in line with the other judges (only one split on his record). You can get licensed as a judge in numerous states, so you can work multiple events and once you have the requisite number of events under your belt per the sanctioning body you are part of (there are 3 or 4 for Judges, same for refs) you get put on a list and then get called up by the commission.

Both the judges and the ones who gave him the position are at fault.

Back