Don't be surprised if you're disappointed by Ngannou vs. Gane

Don't expect a slugfest.. Gane understands he is outgunned, it would be stupid for him to exchange.. I expect him move A LOT and avoid any type of exchanges.

It could be boring up until Francis lands a big shot..

I know it's getting a ton of hype as it's one of the most high stakes HW title fights on paper in a long time. However, there's a strong chance that the fight will either be a snoozefest or over before it begins.

Gane's very good at winning fights. However, he's even better at not losing them. I highly doubt he'll take risks to appease a restless crowd if he's cruising to a decision, knowing that a KO is Francis's only route to victory. Three out of Gane's seven UFC fights have been painfully boring (Mayes, Boser, and Rozenstruik), and while he has seemed more willing to pick up the pace in his last two bouts, I'm not going to overlook the fact that almost of half of his tenure has consisted of stinkers. It could happen.

When it comes to Francis, all I'll say is that it got to the point where I was getting irritated by the UFC putting him in main event slots because he was finishing fights so quickly. Blaydes 2, Cain, JDS, and Rozenstruik (albeit that fight wasn't a main event, but still hyped up) were all over in an average of 40.5 seconds. Granted, the highlight reel KOs are obviously fun to see, but I still left each of these fights feeling empty. It was like they didn't even happen, and while I don't know if you guys feel this way, it'll be a bit of a letdown for me if it happens again.

Mayes and Boser were not boring fights lmao. He beat the shit out of both guys standing and then decided to tackle and heel hook Mayes in the waning seconds of Round 3 for the hell of it. And no, Volkov wasn't boring either -- it just wasn't the ultra-competitive back-and-forth striking war it was expected to be by many. Still fun and Gane put the pressure on Drago.

The Rozenstruik fight is the only one where you can make a somewhat-legitimate argument for Gane putting on a "boring" performance, but honestly even then I think people seriously overplay that narrative. That fight had its moments and from a technical perspective it was a clinic; it was as much Rozen's fault as he was paralyzed by hesitance and lack of output as he always is.

Of course I don't expect Gane to stand in the pocket and exchange in a brutal slugfest with Francis for however long the fight lasts. But the examples used to suggest that the fight won't have any excitement quotient whatsoever don't ring true for me.

Anytime I'm watching a heavyweight fight I can't help but be on the edge of my seat. Knowing they can uncork a punch and rock/end the fight simply leads to a tense/nervousness of watching. Even if they just dance around for the first round and throw some feelers... I still drink my beer with my eyes on the TV.

I think both of these guys are so good i can't be bored. Add in the fact that Ngannou has the touch of death, the suspense will kill me. Even if nothing happens, that's exciting. Atleast watching live. Even if Gane somehow outpoints him, he will have to do it perfectly, which is exciting.

Only way this disappoints is if it ends due to a freak injury or something. That would suck.

Ngannou´s touch of death will only be neutralized if he gasses and has his legs heavily damaged, then I can´t imagine much wind up power for the KO punches. Or say if his arms get kicked a ton and are too sore to throw hard

Which is what makes it exciting, Ngannou is the same height with a slightly longer reach even if he is getting leg kicked hard and not checking them or fast enough he still can move forward and touch Gane it is bound to happen. Now if Ngannou was 6´0 or something with small arms it would be harder to close that distance

This fight will obviously end with a UD for Ngannou after 5 rounds of GSP-like wrestlefest and USMAN-like footstomp.

regardless of what happens, gane is the better fighter.
crazy.

Sounds like an Ngannou fan making excuses for him losing a decision, to me.

Don't expect a slugfest.. Gane understands he is outgunned, it would be stupid for him to exchange.. I expect him move A LOT and avoid any type of exchanges.

It could be boring up until Francis lands a big shot..

Yeah this is how I see it happening. Though I think Francis is carrying a bit more weight, he's gonna try for the win pretty early I think, if he can't land he's fucked

Sounds like a Stipe fan being salty his boy got slept and folded like a pretzel
One has nothing to do with the other. Stipe and Ngannou are 1-1. Ngannou is part of the UFC HW record of defences. On the wrong side.. Nothing to be salty about.

so u mad to be he KO fighter quickly r u dumb a finish a finish WTF u can’t diss fighter cuz he destroy them with easy lolllllllll r u serius
^^^ this is probably francis’s account. that or nate diaz.

A boring franny fight wouldnt surprise me at all. Especially after that pathetic showing vs derrick

One has nothing to do with the other. Stipe and Ngannou are 1-1. Ngannou is part of the UFC HW record of defences. On the wrong side.. Nothing to be salty about.
Nngoatoo could fight Stipe five more times and Stipe would get slept five more times. Stipe's defenses are against a bunch of post-usada past primers.

Francis smoking him in a few seconds would not disappoint me. Watching 5 rounds of Cyril jabbing from the outside and avoiding risks would disappoint but not surprise me.

Back