Don't be an idiot

Probably shouldnt put stress on it, allow it to heal. Adding internal micro tears to a healing wound isn't doing you any favors.
I hear you. I ran instead this morning. I just have too much to do to coddle it any longer. Zero pain today. Need to get a fence up and it feels fine so I'm risking it. I genuinely appreciate your advice though.

Just gunna say this. That scar is gunna be hell in the future. I got stabbed in like 2010. Its a small 2/3rds of an inch scar on the palm of my hand just between my thumb and my index finger. It was surgically sealed up by a professional. 11 years later that scar still has the skin on my hand around it tight as fuck and occasionally can be painful.
Your scar is gunna be a nightmare lol.

Cortisone shots can help with scars. Not sure if there's a time limit on their effectiveness though.

being a bit of an idiot myself i ONLY have a hammerless double action revolver so that i am unlikely to mess up.

I hear you. I ran instead this morning. I just have too much to do to coddle it any longer. Zero pain today. Need to get a fence up and it feels fine so I'm risking it. I genuinely appreciate your advice though.
Glad you are healing up....hopefully you have no long term issues.

I rode my bicycle with the dog because the hand feels better. It works well. I attribute this recovery to frequently rinsing the wound, drying it with clean towels, changing the bandages, sometimes up to 3-4× in a day, and my nutrition. I follow intermittent fasting, aip, and am mindful to try and avoid spiking my blood sugar too often which could fuel an infection. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and didn't come to mock me.

The wound is almost closed. Thinking about just letting it scab over. It's healed so fast the way I've been doing it though. Maybe I should bandage it one more week.

20210620_215038.jpg

The wound is almost closed. Thinking about just letting it scab over. It's healed so fast the way I've been doing it though. Maybe I should bandage it one more week.

Keep it bandaged. Scabs slow healing and lead to a worse recovery.

1. Always keep your cut, scrape or other skin injury clean. Gently wash the area with mild soap and water to keep out germs and remove debris.

2. To help the injured skin heal, use petroleum jelly to keep the wound moist. Petroleum jelly prevents the wound from drying out and forming a scab; wounds with scabs take longer to heal. This will also help prevent a scar from getting too large, deep or itchy. As long as the wound is cleaned daily, it is not necessary to use anti-bacterial ointments.

3. After cleaning the wound and applying petroleum jelly or a similar ointment, cover the skin with an adhesive bandage. For large scrapes, sores, burns or persistent redness, it may be helpful to use hydrogel or silicone gel sheets.

4. Change your bandage daily to keep the wound clean while it heals. If you have skin that is sensitive to adhesives, try a non-adhesive gauze pad with paper tape. If using silicone gel or hydrogel sheets, follow the instructions on the package for changing the sheets.

5. If your injury requires stitches, follow your doctor’s advice on how to care for the wound and when to get the stitches removed. This may help minimize the appearance of a scar.

6. Apply sunscreen to the wound after it has healed. Sun protection may help reduce red or brown discoloration and help the scar fade faster. Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply frequently.

Did some bjj (with an adhesive bandage of course). In live roll, I got the better of one guy. Then some 300lb dude laid on me in side control and I couldn't do anything to get away. But the hand felt good.

I feel very motivated

20210623_234035.jpg

I have hairy knuckles from jerking off when I was younger so I have someone help to rip the bandages off. I'm all like

MmKquP.gif

Keep it bandaged. Scabs slow healing and lead to a worse recovery.

1. Always keep your cut, scrape or other skin injury clean. Gently wash the area with mild soap and water to keep out germs and remove debris.

2. To help the injured skin heal, use petroleum jelly to keep the wound moist. Petroleum jelly prevents the wound from drying out and forming a scab; wounds with scabs take longer to heal. This will also help prevent a scar from getting too large, deep or itchy. As long as the wound is cleaned daily, it is not necessary to use anti-bacterial ointments.

3. After cleaning the wound and applying petroleum jelly or a similar ointment, cover the skin with an adhesive bandage. For large scrapes, sores, burns or persistent redness, it may be helpful to use hydrogel or silicone gel sheets.

4. Change your bandage daily to keep the wound clean while it heals. If you have skin that is sensitive to adhesives, try a non-adhesive gauze pad with paper tape. If using silicone gel or hydrogel sheets, follow the instructions on the package for changing the sheets.

5. If your injury requires stitches, follow your doctor’s advice on how to care for the wound and when to get the stitches removed. This may help minimize the appearance of a scar.

6. Apply sunscreen to the wound after it has healed. Sun protection may help reduce red or brown discoloration and help the scar fade faster. Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply frequently.
Letting it keep scabbing over is what caused my burn to take so long to heal. Night shift, 14-16 hrs a day, one day off a week. Self care wasn't the highest of priorities. Took a couple years for the tightness and occasional pain to disappear. Now I can hardly even see the scar

Letting it keep scabbing over is what caused my burn to take so long to heal. Night shift, 14-16 hrs a day, one day off a week. Self care wasn't the highest of priorities. Took a couple years for the tightness and occasional pain to disappear. Now I can hardly even see the scar
Right on. Good advice

I can do dips and all of my other day to day activities without pain which is progress. I was wrong in my prediction about hitting the heavy bag after 3 weeks. It doesn't feel too good to hit the bag yet but I think it will be ok in a couple more weeks.

122331.jpeg

How’s your mobility in your fingers and wrist? Can you fully extend your hand and make a tight fist? That looks like a lot of scar tissue.

How’s your mobility in your fingers and wrist? Can you fully extend your hand and make a tight fist? That looks like a lot of scar tissue.
Mobility and grip is fine. Just doesn't feel good when I try to hit the bag but I think it'll improve

Damn, don't know how I missed this thread.

Most unsafe things I've seen is with new invites to the range. If they do things to show me that they are unsafe with a firearm, I never invite them again. I wear a plate carrier to the range, not to look tacticool, but because I don't trust other people. I've seen enough ADs.

Anywho, glad you're okay TS. Good to know a glock can discharge during takedown, had a theory that the internal safety would not let that happen. Guess that theory is incorrect.

Damn, don't know how I missed this thread.

Most unsafe things I've seen is with new invites to the range. If they do things to show me that they are unsafe with a firearm, I never invite them again. I wear a plate carrier to the range, not to look tacticool, but because I don't trust other people. I've seen enough ADs.

Anywho, glad you're okay TS. Good to know a glock can discharge during takedown, had a theory that the internal safety would not let that happen. Guess that theory is incorrect.
What part did it discharge during a takedown? lol he shot himself in the hand dropping the mag and cocking it and firing. At some point he cocked it dropped the mag and fired and his hand was somehow in front of the barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back