Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v4: Cover of TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump should just have fired him and left it at that. Comey wasn't in his pocket, and couldn't be expected to accept Trump shitting on his reputation, just to make an excuse for the firing.

It was just so bizarre, you had everyone from team Trump (including Pence:oops:) telling one story about how it was Rosenstein's call and Trump just agreed, and then in the Holt interview Trump said "no, I was going to do it anyway because of the Russia thing." And then he talked about Comey with such vitriol, which made no sense as the things he "showboated" and "grandstanded" about were previously praised by Trump, and it was all hugs and hand shakes and you are doing a great jobs, until Comey wouldn't pledge his loyalty or let Flynn off on lying to the FBI. Very fishy.
th

Let's wait and see how this plays out. Maybe at this point there's nothing we can say is criminal but the investigations aren't complete. There is enough suspicion for us to make sure nour laws were broken.

I have zero issue with what you said. I take issue with the people that pretend this is damning but then can't actually back it up

So you couldn't even read 2 lines down in your link?

(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election.

I read the whole thing. Quit acting tough and take the bet or bitch out. If you're so confident he broke that law send me packing from sherdog. What do you got to lose? An av?

Information doesn't hold monetary value. Thank God it doesn't too. The implications of that would be immense and absurd
If that were true you wouldn't get so many specifically tailored ads. Entities pay for information all the time. Or they even make deals to get it.

I read the whole thing. Quit acting tough and take the bet or bitch out. If you're so confident he broke that law send me packing from sherdog. What do you got to lose? An av?
You're fun to have around, why would I want you gone?

So if your read it, do you understand it?

If that were true you wouldn't get so many specifically tailored ads. Entities pay for information all the time. Or they even make deals to get it.
Right I get that point, but legally speaking that would mean ALL information would be valuable. So anybody who talks to a foreign national is now in violation of campaign finance law? That's absurd

Added: If Trump Jr had agreed to pay them for it or give them somethhing of value, then there would be something illegal. However the evidence doesn't support that he did

Last edited:
Right I get that point, but legally speaking that would mean ALL information would be valuable. So anybody who talks to a foreign national is now in violation of campaign finance law? That's absurd
I'm not sure you can group them all together that way. The thing is the intent of Jr. and Kushner in taking that meeting that was advertised as being for secret dirt dug up by a foreign government. And then you add all those conciliatory things Trump said specifically to Russia. And that since the election Trump has been downplaying all of Russia's transgressions. It should make any American suspicious.

I'm not sure you can group them all together that way. The thing is the intent of Jr. and Kushner in taking that meeting that was advertised as being for secret dirt dug up by a foreign government. And then you add all those conciliatory things Trump said specifically to Russia. And that since the election Trump has been downplaying all of Russia's transgressions. It should make any American suspicious.
The intent WAS to get dirt... So What? As I've stated that's not illegal. The rest of what you said is all speculation.

Sigh, he explained what could be considered obstruction (which Comey said he was leaving up to Mueller to decide), and what his thought process was to the senate intelligence committee and to the American public. Period, from Comey's own mouth. Watch the testimony before you just bleat back what Trump told you think.

And pity me all you want, try to teach a legal class based on your google searches, call Comey a leaker and a snake, but it doesn't matter. Trump is 6 months into his presidency and is a lot deeper into the Russia investigation than anyone thought he would be 3 months ago, or even 10 days ago, and at best, he will be suffering massive political consequences as a result of it, with no end in sight, and his white house is going to be burdened (legally, financially, and psychologically) on a daily basis by Mueller's investigation. Nobody knows what Mueller will find in his investigation, but based on the dishonesty by Flynn, Kushner, and Trump Jr. about all things Russia, odds are that this isn't the last surprise.

But yeah "fake news," "no obstruction, no collusion, he's a leaker," "lock her up", "build the wall and Mexico will pay for it," and "grab em by the pussy," etc., etc.,

In other words, you have nothing. Great work Columbo.

Did you forget Trump has a crony heading the DOJ?

That's a step up from the criminals Obama had running the DOJ. One ended up arming the Mexican cartel and being held in contempt of Congress, the other was obstructing justice on tarmacs. Sessions is a boyscout compared to those two.

The intent WAS to get dirt... So What? As I've stated that's not illegal. The rest of what you said is all speculation.
No, he didn't have to actually receive the information, the intent alone is enough. Think of a sting the police would make. They don't wait for the crime to be commited. They just wait for the intent before they arrest.

Why are you defending this behavior? It's not speculation that he said he'd get along with Putin and that he asked them for the lost emails. Or that he's tried to make all these questions just go away.

That's a step up from the criminals Obama had running the DOJ. One ended up arming the Mexican cartel and being held in contempt of Congress, the other was obstructing justice on tarmacs. Sessions is a boyscout compared to those two.
No he is not. Crooked Sessions, Lock Him Up!

No, he didn't have to actually receive the information, the intent alone is enough. Think of a sting the police would make. They don't wait for the crime to be commited. They just wait for the intent before they arrest.

Why are you defending this behavior? It's not speculation that he said he'd get along with Putin and that he asked them for the lost emails. Or that he's tried to make all these questions just go away.

Show his Intent to do anything illegal. You are talking in circles.

Show his Intent to do anything illegal. You are talking in circles.

"The emails show music promoter Rob Goldstone telling the future US president’s son that “the crown prosecutor of Russia” had offered “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father”.

British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”

Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”

In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”."

Since you are such a respected legal authority, why don't you write something up for Sessions so he can go after Lynch for the "obstructing justice on tarmacs" thing. Come to think of it, who is stopping Sessions from pursuing that matter, didn't Trump say that if he were president Hillary would be in jail? Maybe you can find a way to blame it on Comey or Obama though.

Ole dirty bastard in here with the Chewbacca Defense

"The emails show music promoter Rob Goldstone telling the future US president’s son that “the crown prosecutor of Russia” had offered “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father”.

British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”

Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”

In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”."

Yeah... I get all that. It's not illegal to meet with foreign nationals for opposition research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back