Donald Trump group photo aside, Colby Covington still has beef with Ali Abdelaziz

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
justin-gaethje-colby-covington-donald-trump-henry-cejudo-dana-white-ali-abdelaziz.jpg

Despite the ear-to-ear smiles and close physical proximity, Colby Covington is still not cool with Ali Abdelaziz.

The former UFC interim welterweight title challenger clarified Wednesday why he took a group photo with President Donald Trump alongside Dominance MMA manager Abdelaziz – a man with whom he once scuffled at a buffet line in Las Vegas.

Abdelaziz represents Kamaru Usman – UFC welterweight champion and one of Covington’s many enemies in the sport.

“Yeah, right – I did not call truce with Ali Abdelaziz,” Covington told MMA Junkie on Wednesday. “That picture was specifically for Dana (White).

“He wanted a picture with the UFC guys, and I did it for Dana. I’m thankful for Dana for keeping sports in the world right now and moving the show on with so much going on. He’s giving the opportunity for fighters to keep putting food on the plates for themselves, and (Abdelaziz) is a dirt bag still. He’s an informant, that little rat. So I will never be friends with him.”

The photo with Trump was taken Sunday at a campaign rally in Las Vegas. Trump is a personal friend of UFC president Dana White, who spoke on Trump’s behalf at last month’s Republican National Convention and donated to Trump’s reelection campaign.

Don't care about this shit at all except to point out that the fact that Ali was able to get within spitting distance of the sitting POTUS kind of blows up the idea that he was an actual terrorist in the past.

MMA fans were dumb enough to bash this dude for informing on actual threats to public safety just because Conor talked shit about him.

Last edited:
What's the deal with Colby and Ali?

And why does Dana look like he loves Henry so much? If he loved Henry he'd give him the Volkanovski fight!

"i did it for Dana".

Colby the company man now huh?

Assuming all that stuff is true - wouldn't it be good from Covington's (and Conor's) perspective that Abdelaziz snitched on Al-Qaeda or whatever? Why is he so angry about it?

The thing with Ali that I’ve never been sure about, is if he turned informant to rat out on terrorist cells to the FBI, isn’t that a good thing?

Wouldn’t that mean there is a possibility that his snitching may have potentially prevented a terrorist attack?

Or is snitching deemed worse than potential terrorist attacks?

just like he had fake beef with joe rogan

Assuming all that stuff is true - wouldn't it be good from Covington's (and Conor's) perspective that Abdelaziz snitched on Al-Qaeda or whatever? Why is he so angry about it?

Ali never snitched on fucking AQ lol.

Or anything close.

But your logic does hold otherwise- why is Colby upset Ali helped American intelligence keep America safe ;)

lmao that's awesome. Ali from behind Usman's back throwing straights. It almost looks staged, just for a little bit of hype. Ali is an ex-fighter, but he is smart enough to realize that this would fuck up his bread.

The thing with Ali that I’ve never been sure about, is if he turned informant to rat out on terrorist cells to the FBI, isn’t that a good thing?

Wouldn’t that mean there is a possibility that his snitching may have potentially prevented a terrorist attack?

Or is snitching deemed worse than potential terrorist attacks?

There is no evidence Ali ever provided anything, or had anything to do, with terrorist activity.
By the sound of it, he wasn't even a worthwhile informant.

Do you guys even bother checking on a claim before repeating it?

There is no evidence Ali ever provided anything, or had anything to do, with terrorist activity.
By the sound of it, he wasn't even a worthwhile informant.

Do you guys even bother checking on a claim before repeating it?
I never bothered looking too deeply into it. It’s not terribly relevant to my life. You clearly have more time on your hands than most.

And do you really think that anyone would report accurate information on informants? That seems like a good way to get informants killed. And ensure no one else ever flips.

I never bothered looking too deeply into it. It’s not terribly relevant to my life. You clearly have more time on your hands than most.

Yeah, spending 20 minutes to double check a serious claim like someone being a terrorist clearly means I have nothing better to do.

Nice justification for a lack of critical thinking on your part.

Don't care about this shit at all except to point out that the fact that Ali was able to get within spitting distance of the sitting POTUS kind of blows up the idea that he was an actual terrorist in the past.

MMA fans were dumb enough to bash this dude for informing on actual threats to public safety just because Conor talked shit about him.
Yeah idk about his alleged terrorist past. Im not sure whats going on there. You do have a point hes literally right next to the president of the most powerful country in the world. Im sure they do some sort of background checks no? Or they would already know everything in advance about these guys.

Reactions: lsa
Back