Donald Cerrone on FX's "Justified" (and other mma stars in TV/Movie roles)

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
20130116124919_cowboyjustified.JPG

Was just watching Justified season 4 episode 2 (great show by the way well worth the watch!) and all the sudden a scene comes along with Cowboy Cerrone himself in a backyard hillbilly-themed brawl in a fighting pit of sorts where people were betting money etc.

Thought that was pretty funny, anyways. They cut out most of the fight which I thought was odd, it shows Cowboy throw some solid strikes then cuts to the next scene. Only to go back to the aftermath of the fight, where it is revealed that Donald has LOST? To some no-name hillbilly who fought for a mere 500$, lol.

Clearly the work of fiction, but they had to do something that fit the story I guess.

Got me thinking anyways, what are some other cameos UFC/MMA stars have made? The most obvious ones would be the big stars like Rampage and Chuck, but there must of been countless minor roles such as these that MMA fighters have starred in, if you got em share em!

Couldn't find the video of Cowboy, but I think this show is on Netflix? not 100% on that though.

King of Queens had an episode where the main guy and his friends fought some dudes at a bar, and in his imaginary distortion of events, the other guys turn into Hendo, Randy, eh... and 2-3 other guys. Perhaps Chael..

Keith Jardine was in an episode of Breaking Bad where he got in a bar fight.

I bet both scenarios with Jardine and Cerrone are true to life, outside Cerrone losing. Odds are Cerrone has been in a backyard fight where bets were placed. He is country, likes to put on a show, and wants to throw down at the drop of a ten gallon hat.

Weird how fighters are so quiet about there movie and tv appearances. Maybe its a gag order by the studios or maybe they feel a bit embarrassed. One of the straight to DVD Scorpion King movies had Royce and Big country, and Kingdom MMA drama has a bunch of fighters too. Might be some UFC policy thing to stop the guys from publicizing it too. I'm too lazy to do the research right now.

Just watched John Wick, Jardine and Tait Fletcher pops up in there too, which reminds me, they were both in the equalizer.

I bet both scenarios with Jardine and Cerrone are true to life, outside Cerrone losing. I bet Cerrone has been in a backyard fight where bets were placed. He likes to put on a show and wants to throw down at the drop of a ten gallon hat.

Really, I missed that or just didn't realize. I watched Breaking Bad twice, too. I'll have to think on that trying to remember the scene..

And they definitely picked the perfect Mixed Martial Artist for the show, it fits the theme flawlessly, most people would never realize that "cowboy" is an actual fighter, aha. Weird they made him lose, though. Think it was supposed to be fixed or something like that.

Jardine is in the new PTA film, Inherent Vice. Some actual dialogue, too.

Fighters complain about UFC pay $

Just do what these guys did, lol, star in a minor role on TV or in a movie. I'm sure any producers would be thrilled to have a UFC star ask them for a guest appearance on anything.

King of Queens had an episode where the main guy and his friends fought some dudes at a bar, and in his imaginary distortion of events, the other guys turn into Hendo, Randy, eh... and 2-3 other guys. Perhaps Chael..

I remember Trigg, but not Rampage for whatever reason. Chael was not part of the gang.

king-mma.JPG

He looks less shredded than on fight night. He must a lot of weight.

Wasn't Rumble playing a fighter named midnight on "warrior"?
Randy couture was an analyst in Redbelt. I think he was also in a scorpion king movie as well as the expendables franchise.
Arlovski was in universal soldier

And they definitely picked the perfect Mixed Martial Artist for the show

As long as most of them don't have to talk or act. It wouldn't be their strength.

I would have liked to have seen Pettis in Blade 2 as one of those vampire ninjas who invade Whistler's lair while they're playing techno music in the background. I can't see him uttering more than one line though. He's too jittery. Their silent partner.

Roy Nelson's role in the scorpian king shit hit me by surprise, lol. Seeing the movie poster, I really thought it was shoop at first then realized it was legit.

No plans to watch that anytime soon, lol.

I know you mention Chuck but he was in an unimportant fight scene in How High. In fact I think he is only on the screen for a few seconds. I seen this movie before I even knew what ufc or mma was. Thought it was very interesting to find this out and I had seen the movie.

Not mma related but I rewatched zoolander not too long ago and one of his friends that dies in the gas fight is Eric the vampire from True Blood.

Amazing the movies you may have seen where the person has a very insignificant part and don't really notice them but turn out to be big stars down the road.

[YT]58TjwFiphw4[/YT]

Ahh, yes. I remember that now. Was trying to picture a bar fight scene, just couldn't think of it. Been a while since I seen the show, I should rent them and watch em all with my new woman.. she's a great excuse to re-watch all the great shows as she's seen none of them.

Thanks for that!

Wow thats awesome.

My dad is watching/loving that show. He probably didn't have a clue it was Cerrone since he knows almost zero about MMA. I would go ape shit if I saw him there and go even more crazy since he lost lol

Last edited:
I remember seeing Tito and maybe some other fighters in a Jet Li movie where they fight in a cage.

Back