donaire : rigondeaux dosen't deserve to fight me

aduriz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-on-taking-rest-rigondeaux-moving-up-more--60654

" while rigondeaux dosen't deserve to fight me, he holds the belt and i'm just gonna go for that . just clean it up so there is nothing left to say .but if not , they are the type of people who make the negotiating process difficult and if that fight happens it will be good but if it dosen't there is always the 126 pound division (featherweight) where they've got WBO champion orlando salido (39-11-2 ,27 ko's ) and other guys who i am going to aim for "

High risk/low reward fight for Donaire, but this is the fight everyone wants to see right now.

High risk/low reward fight for Donaire, but this is the fight everyone wants to see right now.

Not everyone want to see this! Coz most of the boxing fans don't even know who is this Rigo is! But this fight could be boring, if Rigo becomes too defensive once he taste Donaire's power!

Here we go. I fucking tired of that excuse already. Canelo said the same BS with Trout.

I don't know why he keeps saying that it's making him look bad. To his credit, he did say he'll fight him just because he's a belt holder which is what people expect him to do. Just fight that midget already and move on.

Not everyone want to see this! Coz most of the boxing fans don't even know who is this Rigo is! But this fight could be boring, if Rigo becomes too defensive once he taste Donaire's power!

I guess since Pac just got ko'd the phillipines are putting all their stock in donaire now?

Why are you always shouting?

Rigo doesn't "deserve" him but Arce does.

I can't believe people justify this talk.

Here we go. I fucking tired of that excuse already. Canelo said the same BS with Trout.

A bit of a different situation Canelo has tons of opponents who will be bigger draws than Trout. On the other hand if Donaire fights Rigo or Salido the dollar discrepancy won't be nearly as big.

From a financial standpoint I understand he doesn't want to fight Rigo. Rigo is no ones first option. But if Donaire want's people to start taking him more seriously he needs to step it up. Fight Mares or Rigo.

He wants Mares because Mares is a way easier opponent than Rigo and is the bigger money opponent. He is limited, he moves forward, has no defensive skills at all. Unlike Moreno who has no power, Donaire can fuck him up with a counter punch.

He can't do that with Rigo. It would be a very technical, probably boring, fight. But he should take the fight to prove to everyone that he is a legit P4P fighter.

I like Donaire, I think he is one of the best fighters in the sport, he is skilled but he needs to start proving that against higher level opponents.

didn't he say this after the Mathebula(sp?) fight aswell?

I still don't understand why does anyone have Donaire as the "fighter of the year". Anyway, we'll see how long can uncle Bob keep him protected

When I say everyone I was referring more to hardcore fans, not casuals and not the typical Filipino fans who only know Filipino fighters.

As lame as that comment is, at least he said he would fight him. As long as Donaire and Rigo go at it, it really doesn't matter how either fighter feels about the fight.

Donaire has to fight Rigo or Mares or move up to FW. That Arce fight was a bigger joke than I thought it would be. He's been slaughtering dudes like RJJ, Pac, or a young Tyson...and he doesn't have the extreme athletic and power advantages those fighters had. That means its time to step up and fight someone dangerous.

As lame as that comment is, at least he said he would fight him. As long as Donaire and Rigo go at it, it really doesn't matter how either fighter feels about the fight.

Donaire has to fight Rigo or Mares or move up to FW. That Arce fight was a bigger joke than I thought it would be. He's been slaughtering dudes like RJJ, Pac, or a young Tyson...and he doesn't have the extreme athletic and power advantages those fighters had. That means its time to step up and fight someone dangerous.

Are you kidding me? Donaire is usually the bigger/longer/stronger fighter in his fights with explosive one-punch ko power. It's rare to find a fight where he doesn't have some physical advantage over his opponents.

Are you kidding me? Donaire is usually the bigger/longer/stronger fighter in his fights with explosive one-punch ko power. It's rare to find a fight where he doesn't have some physical advantage over his opponents.

Yea he does have a great advantage over his opponents, but not because he is a spectacularly gifted athlete but because his opponents have not been that great.

Back