Dominick Reyes is a lesser version of Alexander Gustafsson

Reyes has better counter-striking and is much faster.. also has much better footwork and more punching power.
I mean i like Jan a lot and believe he is the best pure boxer at LHW, but in that fight you could see nothing of what you describe. Reyes was slower, weaker and his footwork wasnt there.
Gus might not posses the punching power, but has the stamina advantage and his footwork e.g. vs Glover was pretty slick.

what does it mean?

You have your Main Eventers, then your Mid-Carders, then your Curtain Jerkers. A curtain jerker fights in one of the first matches of an event. Usually a match just to fill space, take up time, and maybe warm up the crowd for the later more important matches. Nobody really cares who wins or loses. It's basically bathroom break stuff. Although he has wrestled higher on the card, the dude is a curtain jerker-level fighter. Overrated skills. Zero charisma.

I mean i like Jan a lot and believe he is the best pure boxer at LHW, but in that fight you could see nothing of what you describe. Reyes was slower, weaker and his footwork wasnt there.
Gus might not posses the punching power, but has the stamina advantage and his footwork e.g. vs Glover was pretty slick.
whit supposed less power Gus did a lot more damage than Reyes did and has more ko s Reyes may hit s hard but is nothing really special

First off weird how both fought close/debatable decisions to the best 2 guys they've fought. Looking at those 2 fights hard to say Reyes is better despite being 1-1 versus 0-2 but also time has passed and Jones and DC aren't heads and shoulders above most other fighters(Stipe, Bader, Davis main exceptions) the way they were in that time period and in a fast developing sport the more recent fighter deserves to be graded on a curve.

Have to see more of Reyes given the pretty reasonable excuses he let the Jones fight go to his head and took Jan lightly(but yeah Gus beat Jan before he mentally checked out). I question whether Reyes can beat Rakic, Jiri or Nemkov from Bellator but one fight doesn't cancel out previously proving you're for your real, same way Smith beating Gus doesn't cancel out years of being that guy who arguably(saying either is an uphill argument that's not the point) beat Jones and DC. But right now I'd pick Rakic and Jiri as the more likely future champs.

Gus didn't fight any elite fighters outside of Jones, DC and Rumble(take it as an insult to Jan all you want he's a gatekeeper for whom events broke the perfect way) as a result of spending years in MMA purgatory where he wasn't good enough for endless title shots and too good to gatekeep. But as of yet Reyes has not beaten an elite fighter just lost .

whit supposed less power Gus did a lot more damage than Reyes did and has more ko s Reyes may hit s hard but is nothing really special
Yeah i mean pure power on a punching bag Reyes propably hits hard. But you can prepare for it. Like Volkan or Jan did. Negate his power or bait him into the pocket.

You have your Main Eventers, then your Mid-Carders, then your Curtain Jerkers. A curtain jerker fights in one of the first matches of an event. Usually a match just to fill space, take up time, and maybe warm up the crowd for the later more important matches. Nobody really cares who wins or loses. It's basically bathroom break stuff. Although he has wrestled higher on the card, the dude is a curtain jerker-level fighter. Overrated skills. Zero charisma.

thanks

Yeah i mean pure power on a punching bag Reyes propably hits hard. But you can prepare for it. Like Volkan or Jan did. Negate his power or bait him into the pocket.
pretty sure both volkan and jan hin harder than dom

pretty sure both volkan and jan hin harder than dom
Yeah thats the thing. Reyes is way too confidend in his power with it being nothing special at LHW. A lot of guys can hit that hard. He gets baited way to easy into brawls instead of using skills in which he truly exceeds like his footwork or his speed.

They may have some commonalities but prime Gus went toe to toe with both DC and Jones giving them their toughest fights.

I think prime DC beats the crap out of Reyes.

If Gus wants to be champ, he should move back to LHW. With Jon en DC gone, the belt is there waiting for him...

Back