Dominick Reyes is a lesser version of Alexander Gustafsson

Do you have a source? If legit then maybe he really is going to make a come back. I’d like to see it. If he can up his mental game he could be champ.
in his instagram maybe i recall him posting a 230 weigth in not long ago he looks slimmer now

Great observation, hadn’t thought about that before. They are indeed very similar though Reyes has more power while Gus has better wrestling (and was the better striker/fighter).

First off weird how both fought close/debatable decisions to the best 2 guys they've fought. Looking at those 2 fights hard to say Reyes is better despite being 1-1 versus 0-2 but also time has passed and Jones and DC aren't heads and shoulders above most other fighters(Stipe, Bader, Davis main exceptions) the way they were in that time period and in a fast developing sport the more recent fighter deserves to be graded on a curve.

Have to see more of Reyes given the pretty reasonable excuses he let the Jones fight go to his head and took Jan lightly(but yeah Gus beat Jan before he mentally checked out). I question whether Reyes can beat Rakic, Jiri or Nemkov from Bellator but one fight doesn't cancel out previously proving you're for your real, same way Smith beating Gus doesn't cancel out years of being that guy who arguably(saying either is an uphill argument that's not the point) beat Jones and DC. But right now I'd pick Rakic and Jiri as the more likely future champs.

Gus didn't fight any elite fighters outside of Jones, DC and Rumble(take it as an insult to Jan all you want he's a gatekeeper for whom events broke the perfect way) as a result of spending years in MMA purgatory where he wasn't good enough for endless title shots and too good to gatekeep. But as of yet Reyes has not beaten an elite fighter just lost .

how the fuck is Jan a gatekeeper when he has the dam belt

Prime Gus was better than Reyes but current Gus is far worse.

Reyes has one of the absolute worst bodies in the UFC.

Low & narrow shoulders, long neck, no lats/narrow back, tiny waist, short & stocky legs, big arms, small head. Looks like a fucking herbivore dinosaur.
Exactly right.

I don’t go around checking out dudes but Reyes is no guapo.

i don t know guys i still kind a have feith or at less wanna have feith in Gus him and Rumble are were the best rigth after Jones and Dc it seems rigthfull with them gonne is their time now

Only thing Reyes has that's better is his marketing

UFC realized if they combined the words "tall" and "athlete" that it works wonders. They apparently didn't know this trick back in the prime Gus days.

Reyes is and will always be superior to Gus for the simple fact that he doesn't have this (forever unfinished) tattoo:

alexander-gustafsson-tattoos.jpg

Also, Reyes, like Gus, has lost a title fight twice, but unlike Gus he has never been humiliated in front of his people, in his own country.

IIkg8Dg.gif

tumblr_oo2aneHOV61r7vh24o1_r1_400.gifv

Reyes is and will always be superior to Gus for the simple fact that he doesn't have this (forever unfinished) tattoo:

alexander-gustafsson-tattoos.jpg

Also, Reyes, like Gus, has lost a title fight twice, but unlike Gus he has never been humiliated in front of his people, in his own country.

IIkg8Dg.gif

tumblr_oo2aneHOV61r7vh24o1_r1_400.gifv
Let’s just wait....

<{yearp}><{yearp}>

Back