• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber II

Big Faber fan here, but he definitely lost the second fight with Cruz! I think after such a long layoff Urijah would beat Cruz in the third fight. Faber is on a tear! I think he gives Barao a run for his money. Duane Ludwig has help Faber to evolve his game. Don't count him out against Barao.

You must have the lowest posts per day on Sherdog.

Faber had a few moments but if he won that fight it would have been the first UFC robbery.

Faber Barao will be such a good fight, both have been getting better and better, I think Barao is the best fighter in the UFC so I am picking him, but Faber is a chance.

Cruz is too rusty right now to pose much danger to either, let him come back and fight someone around the top 10 mark and then see where he is.
Its a shame he missed so long because I consider it almost certain he will never be the fighter he could have been had he been properly training and fighting for the past 2 years (at peak training age).

I can see what your saying, but knocking someone down with a mere strike demonstrates something, does it not? .

Of course. But it's actual value should be based on what actually occurred rather than just the fact he was technically knocked down.

Taking someone down, involves a lot technique and leverage with strength. So shouldn't a strike that's powerful enough to knock someone off their feet be considered in the same realm?

Again it's all relative. In some cases yes, and in some cases no.

Faber has improved A LOT from their second fight, faber takes the third bout, and he's the only one who could actually beat Barao in the division

Of course. But it's actual value should be based on what actually occurred rather than just the fact he was technically knocked down.

Again it's all relative. In some cases yes, and in some cases no.

Okay, so both instances can be judged the same way. I think we are coming to an agreement.

this is a knockdown, and one of actual significance. I sure as hell value something like this.

GLO.gif

and this.

tumblr_m9ykoopHYJ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

this?

2.gif

when you "drop" your opponent, and he springs back to his feet in a fraction of a second, counters you on your way in and then comes after you? I tend to not put so much value in it.

Yea not all knockdowns are created equal and the ones against Cruz weren't very significant. They definitely count, but not enough to come close to counting more than the rest of the work Cruz did during those rounds.

when you "drop" your opponent, and he springs back to his feet in a fraction of a second, counters you on your way in and then comes after you? I tend to not put so much value in it.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha..ok dude. As I recall Faber dropped cruz 3 times..maybe 4 in the fight. Care to put those others up there as well? The value you put on it is your own bias. Keeping it simple, when you punch a man and he can no longer stand on his feet..that counts. Pure and simple. Because if he could have, he would have not went down and stayed on his two feet.

Like I said..sherdog dismissed knockdowns. So let me recap what I have learned about fighting from sherdog recently... Damage to the face doesnt matter and Knockdowns dont count. Thanks guys

when you "drop" your opponent, and he springs back to his feet in a fraction of a second, counters you on your way in and then comes after you? I tend to not put so much value in it.

Hahaha..ok dude. As I recall Faber dropped cruz 3 times..maybe 4 in the fight. Care to put those others up there as well? The value you put on it is your own bias. Keeping it simple, when you punch a man and he can no longer stand on his feet..that counts. Pure and simple. Because if he could have, he would have not went down and stayed on his two feet.

Like I said..sherdog dismissed knockdowns. So let me recap what I have learned about fighting from sherdog recently... Damage to the face doesnt matter and Knockdowns dont count. Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm saying....that's like pure power putting you on your ass. Think about it...Cruz got as many(maybe more) takedowns as Faber got knockdowns. Which would you consider more impressive?

Like I said..sherdog dismissed knockdowns. So let me recap what I have learned about fighting from sherdog recently... Damage to the face doesnt matter and Knockdowns dont count. Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I messed up the quotations..

Last edited:

Like I said..sherdog dismissed knockdowns. So let me recap what I have learned about fighting from sherdog recently... Damage to the face doesnt matter and Knockdowns dont count. Thanks guys

Yeah, that's what I'm saying....that's like pure power putting you on your ass. Think about it...Cruz got as many(maybe more) takedowns as Faber got knockdowns. Which would you consider more impressive?[/QUOTE]

Not that I believe the count was the same, I have no idea, but Knockdowns are ALWAYS more impressive to me than takedowns...next question...

BTW somehow the quotes all messed up because im accidentally quoting myself..

Yeah, that's what I'm saying....that's like pure power putting you on your ass. Think about it...Cruz got as many(maybe more) takedowns as Faber got knockdowns. Which would you consider more impressive?

Not that I believe the count was the same, I have no idea, but Knockdowns are ALWAYS more impressive to me than takedowns...next question...

BTW somehow the quotes all messed up because im accidentally quoting myself..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the takedowns were more, now that I recollect.

Yea not all knockdowns are created equal and the ones against Cruz weren't very significant. They definitely count, but not enough to come close to counting more than the rest of the work Cruz did during those rounds.

couldn't have said it better.

Faber hurt him like once in 3 different rounds but was soundly outstruck for the rest of the fight. The only round where Faber landed more than 10 strikes was round 4. Cruz was more accurate, landed more strikes, got a reversal on Faber's only TD, and had more TD. Faber was simply outworked.

This is it. The fight was brawn vs skill. Or looked like that. Faber hunted him down and Cruz picked him off on the way in. Faber was hurting Cruz almost every time he touched him but was hardly able land more than a punch at a time.

He didn't DESERVE to lose but he did.

When it comes to scoring fights, I use Max Kellerman's quote. "Who would you rather be?"

I'd rather walk away from that fight as Urijah Faber than Dominick Cruz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back