• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber II

TheCryingElite

Fiercest Poster since the taut one Dufresne used.
@Black
Reaction score
So I just saw, for the first time(I can't remember why I didn't see the fight in the first place) this fight...sans the first round. Now I do believe Cruz won that fight(the 4 rounds I've seen, so if anyone can tell me how decisive the first round was...I'm guessing the first of the 3 knock downs was in the first), but it was a lot closer than I previously imagined. I know I heard Faber say it was close, but I thought a lot of that was his rivalry in the matter and not wanting to admit something.

Firstly, I do believe there should be a third match. Where, believe it or not, I would favor Faber. Secondly, in seeing this fight, it's probably a good thing Cruz had to pull out of the fight with Barao...because I just think Barao would of capitalized where Faber missed his opportunities. See, when Faber and Cruz fought the first time...Cruz hadn't yet developed his trade mark foot work and fighting style, and yet I still believe Faber did a decent job of improvising in the second fight...better than anyone else up to that point.

All in all, the latest injury may be a blessing in disguise.

Cruz has been gone for +2 years while Faber had his best year of fighting in 2013 so it's not surprising if Cruz is the underdog for their 3rd fight. Faber won't beat Barao and hopefully Cruz gets a shot at Barao before the trilogy fight.

Cruz has been gone for +2 years while Faber had his best year of fighting in 2013 so it's not surprising if Cruz is the underdog for their 3rd fight. Faber won't beat Barao and hopefully Cruz gets a shot at Barao before the trilogy fight.

Well the layoff goes with out saying, but yeah...is a huge disadvantage. I really truly believe Faber will do better against Barao in this fight. I just want him to win UFC gold, I think he deserves it(obviously he has to win it) I think Faber matches up better against the champ than Cruz does. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a fan of Cruz too, but not when he's fighting Faber.

I was shocked that Faber was not given the decision in this fight...He hurt Cruz, multiple times, did more damage across many rounds,,,i remember SMH at this BS decision...What did cruz do but run around and point fight...Faber should be 2-0 against Cruz

I think Faber can beat Cruz in a third fight and he has the best chance to beat Barao.

I was shocked that Faber was not given the decision in this fight...He hurt Cruz, multiple times, did more damage across many rounds,,,i remember SMH at this BS decision...What did cruz do but run around and point fight...Faber should be 2-0 against Cruz

I agree that Faber probably did the most overall damage, but Cruz won under unified rules.

There was nothing close about this fight. competitive? yes. close? no. Cruz outworked Faber and beat him in almost all the exchanges. I have no idea why anyone thought Faber won. There was a point in round 2 where Cruz made Faber miss for about 3 minutes straight while just peppering the shit out of him. It was a thing of beauty.

Pretending those 3 off balance knockdowns that lasted .01 seconds somehow won Faber the fight is beyond comical.

Faber hurt him like once in 3 different rounds but was soundly outstruck for the rest of the fight. The only round where Faber landed more than 10 strikes was round 4. Cruz was more accurate, landed more strikes, got a reversal on Faber's only TD, and had more TD. Faber was simply outworked.

Faber really is the only one in the division that can beat Barao.

I'd like to see a Faber vs Cruz rematch if Faber wins the title.

I'm point to both of you guys, isn't that I thought Faber won, but that I didn't think he was dominated either....and that I think Barao would of capitalized where Faber couldn't in that fight.

Two guys being Nelly and Kneeuinthenutz

Knockdowns count to me although sherdog by en large dismissed them because "Dom was off balance" hahaha nonsense

Cruz won..it wasn't a robbery but it was a close fight. Right now Cruz needs to win his fight with injuries.

I'm sure they'll fight a 3rd time and I'd go with Faber this time because he's always improving and Cruz has been out too long.

Well the layoff goes with out saying, but yeah...is a huge disadvantage. I really truly believe Faber will do better against Barao in this fight. I just want him to win UFC gold, I think he deserves it(obviously he has to win it) I think Faber matches up better against the champ than Cruz does. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a fan of Cruz too, but not when he's fighting Faber.

I expect the same from Faber, a future Hall of Fame, would look great with a belt .. aunq think Cruz is the best

Big Faber fan here, but he definitely lost the second fight with Cruz! I think after such a long layoff Urijah would beat Cruz in the third fight. Faber is on a tear! I think he gives Barao a run for his money. Duane Ludwig has help Faber to evolve his game. Don't count him out against Barao.

Knockdowns count to me although sherdog by en large dismissed them because "Dom was off balance" hahaha nonsense.

this is a knockdown, and one of actual significance. I sure as hell value something like this.

GLO.gif

and this.

tumblr_m9ykoopHYJ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

this?

2.gif

when you "drop" your opponent, and he springs back to his feet in a fraction of a second, counters you on your way in and then comes after you? I tend to not put so much value in it.

this is a knockdown, and one of actual significance. I sure as hell value something like this.

GLO.gif

and this.

tumblr_m9ykoopHYJ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

this?

2.gif

when you "drop" your opponent, and he springs back to his feet in a fraction of a second, counters you on your way in and then comes after you? I tend to not put so much value in it.

So what is your take on getting takedowns, that lead to nothing?

There was nothing close about this fight. competitive? yes. close? no. Cruz outworked Faber and beat him in almost all the exchanges. I have no idea why anyone thought Faber won. There was a point in round 2 where Cruz made Faber miss for about 3 minutes straight while just peppering the shit out of him. It was a thing of beauty.

Pretending those 3 off balance knockdowns that lasted .01 seconds somehow won Faber the fight is beyond comical.

I as well missed the 1st round today. But rounds 2-5. Cruz handily won them except for one of them which could be argued for Faber.

I remember watching the first time I was rooting for Faber and knew he lost 3 of the rounds easily. No way Faber won that fight at all. It was competitive like you said but Cruz had plenty of brilliant moments in that fight and I enjoyed me some Cruz.

Fight made me realize just how much I miss the guy

Just because a fighter falls doesn't mean he's hurt. Those were shots that landed while Cruz was off balance, he wasn't hurt.

Not much. It sure as hell shouldn't take the fighter who's getting taken down much to get back into the fight.

I can see what your saying, but knocking someone down with a mere strike demonstrates something, does it not? Taking someone down, involves a lot technique and leverage with strength. So shouldn't a strike that's powerful enough to knock someone off their feet be considered in the same realm? There's plenty of people who scramble back up after being hit off their feet, and plenty of people who never get back up after getting taken down.

Back