Dominick Cruz says more fighters could take a page from Conor McGregor's showmanship

I felt bad for Miller and McGregor when they were on Ariel's podcast. Miller because he couldn't keep up with the smack talk, and McGregor because he had to keep repeating himself since Miller wasn't really giving him anything to work with. If Miller had stepped up and started talking a lot of shit back I think it would have been more fun, but he was taking everything to seriously (or maybe just isn't much of a talker, I don't know). I also thought Ariel let it go on too long. But Cruz is right, more CMs would be good for MMA. At least one in each division. I always thought Roy Nelson had great potential as a shit talker just because his image is so funny anyway. And if there's one thing America loves it's an overconfident hilljack.

kinda funny, Cruz has a very dry tone about himself.

His voice doesn't really lend itself to trash talk and he appears to be kind of a nice guy, but I think there's a little untapped potential.

The "you dress like a bum" bit that was directed at Faber was funny, IMO.

His voice doesn't really lend itself to trash talk and he appears to be kind of a nice guy, but I think there's a little untapped potential.

The "you dress like a bum" bit that was directed at Faber was funny, IMO.

Has Cruz ever been wrong on anything ever?

I love this guy.

I think he picked every winner at that last show.

Not only that (anyone can have a good night with picks) but he pretty much stated exactly what the difference would be in every fight and was spot on.

I think he picked every winner at that last show.

Not only that (anyone can have a good night with picks) but he pretty much stated exactly what the difference would be in every fight and was spot on.

That is insane. Then again, I found this article that says he literally spends hours watching tapes and studying fighters before making his prediction/analysis. At the same time alienating himself from many fighters who happen to be his friends.
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/dominick-cruz-admits-fox-sports-analyst-role-can-tweak-fellow-fighters

Some fighters should take a page out of Conor McGregor's showmanship. Others should stay silent and respectful like Cain or Machida. The thing that makes the UFC interesting is that you have a mix of personalities.

It depends on how good at it they are. Fighters either got it or they don't. McGregor and Sonnen got it, and they are genuinely good for MMA when they put on this persona. Others will just damage MMA if they try and do the same. it is largely something these guys are either born with or they are not.

I sure hope not. MMA would be rivaling WWE.

I sure hope not. MMA would be rivaling WWE.

That may be partly what MMA needs. MMA is still well behind WWE and pro boxing in terms of the profitability of its top stars. Brock Lesnar coming in from the WWE was a key reason why he was the titan in terms of top grossing MMA Stars for a long time. If MMA has to do that as a survival mechanism of sorts, than to a certain extent so be it.

Dominic Cruz showing hespect where hespect is due. War GOAT!

Seems to me Faber got the better of that verbal altercation. I feel like he always comes out on top in their interviews (I also think he won their 2nd fight, but I may be in the minority). When Urijah called him "The Decisionater" I lost it and his "It's a simulated death match, you just haven't simulated anyone's death yet" bit was also great.

I'm a huge Faber fanboy so it is expected, all of that being said I think Cruz is a very smart guy and it shows. He is spot on while talking about more showmanship being needed from certain contenders.

Mecgregor detractors make me laugh. They want fighters to make more money, but don't want them to hype themselves or garner interest.

Cruz is absolutely right here.

Everybody needs to dress like Connor. He is dress like Wade, Westbrook, so fashionable.

Back