Dominick Cruz: Henry Cejudo isn't the GOAT unless he beats me

He's had 6 UFC fights in 9 years. Greatest Bantamweight at getting injured.

Is Cruz still fighting, thought he called it a wrap
<datassdom><{cruzshake}><Fedor23>

I'm a fan of Cruz' commentary but it seems rather hollow and cowardly to bandy words like those when there's no chance he's going to back them up in the foreseeable future. And of course Cejudo manhandles him while he has an inverted knee or whatever it is that's keeping him off the shelf at the moment.

5Od.gif

ok. well, just so you know, you're in the minority with your opinion.

Is Henry supposed to dig up Dom's corpse and beat the shit out of it? Start fighting buddeh.

<28>

ok. well, just so you know, you're in the minority with your opinion.

Start a pole and we'll see how many people enjoy Dom as a commentator. 49% would still be a minority so I place little importance on sharing a "minority" opinion. If half the people listening to you find your style of speaking and attitude towards others to be trash then you're probably not doing a good job.

Are you ever in the PBP threads during events when Cruz is in the booth? I notice that nearly everyone complains about him when he's paired with Rogan(which is all the time). It turns into a pissing contest about who knows more and it's unprofessional as shit and a chore to sit through. He doesn't play well with others. Dude's ego is so big he literally can't handling being wrong about anything.

He's experienced and knows the fight game, it appears he's better off on his own as an analyst rather than part of color commentating team.

Last edited:
Cruz fought in the UFC 7 Times. Hes overrating dumb manlet

Start a pole and we'll see how many people enjoy Dom as a commentator. 49% would still be a minority so I place little importance on sharing a "minority" opinion. If half the people listening to you find your style of speaking and attitude towards others to be trash then you're probably not doing a good job.

Are you ever in the PBP threads during events when Cruz is in the booth? Everyone complains about him when he's paired with Rogan(which is all the time). It turns into a pissing contest about who knows more and it's unprofessional as shit and a chore to sit through. He doesn't play well with others. Dude's ego is so big he literally can't handling being wrong about anything.

He's experienced and knows the fight game, he's better off on his own as an analyst rather than part of color commentating team.

so create a poll, and let's see what happens.

Dominick Cruz has a message for the current UFC bantamweight champ.

If you want to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best.

Former dual-champ and current UFC 135-pound champ Henry Cejudo recently relinquished his flyweight title and has called out an array of former champions, including former UFC bantamweight champ Cruz.

Cruz (22-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) hasn’t competed since losing his title to Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207 in December 2016, his longest layoff to date. But despite all this time away, he’s still being constantly called out by the likes of Cejudo and rising contender Cory Sandhagen.

And Cruz, who’s been sidelined due to a shoulder injury, says if Cejudo wants to call himself the greatest, he has to get through him.

“Well, I’m kind of in a Diaz situation, Nate Diaz situation, where I’m like, ‘You got Henry Cejudo calling me out, why would I want to fight anybody else?” Cruz told Brendan Schaub on the latest edition of “Food Truck Diaries.” “He’s the title holder, he’s got an Olympic title and thinks he’s a ’25-pound and ’35-pound champion. That’s the guy to beat, and he wants to say that he’s the GOAT; you’ve got to beat me, bro. It’s plain, simple, period.”

“It’s just like, let’s do this. I’m right here, I’m finally healthy. We’re both coming off shoulder surgery, we’re both from Arizona, we were both on the same national wrestling team. I know his style. I know everything about him, I know his background. I know how he grew up.”

“Realistically, fighting me makes you the best in the division if you can beat me, but I think you know the truth; that’s why you’re going towards an Aldo that lost to Moraes, who you beat,” Cruz said. “That gives some comfort, where you got me you could face, after a three-year layoff, where I’ve looked very good before in the past, and I fight a little unconventionally, but the way I see it is we’re both coming off shoulder surgery and so that makes this an even fight to have.”

“Within the next six months,” Cruz said. “I’m healthy. This year, I will fight as long as everything stays in line like it has, and I learned that a lot of what was stopping me has just been keeping focused on the now and not worrying about things you can’t control.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...ess-he-beats-me/amp?__twitter_impression=true

If this were true you could just become champ, bail and remain lineal champ for eternity. The UFC waited like 2 years to strip your first belt dude(something they have not done for just about any of your peers), it's been 8 years since then and you've fought like twice? Henry at fault for not being an active champ and all but one shouldn't throw rocks from glass houses.

People have moved on and tbh moved on long before you came back from your first 4 year vacation.

In a perfect world I'd like to see Marlon get his TS seeing as he got the nod or have Petr Yan fight Cejudo and have Jose and Cruz fight.
Didnt he get finished by Cejudo? People cry over Champions getting rematches too soon and Marlon just had a close fight with Aldo and he hasnt even been Champion yet. How do you warrant a TS after that? He just lost CLEARLY to the Champ.

Burden of proof is upon you, you said I'm in the minority. Prove it.

no. i gave my opinion, and then you created a whole rebuttal of a post claiming how i'm wrong. so, since you started this, YOU prove it. i'll be waiting.

There is a ton of people who disagree. Me for one.

Disagree with which part, and why?

At 125, the GOAT is Mighty Mouse, and there's no comparison. He has more title defenses (11) than Cejudo has flyweight fights (10). He has almost twice as many wins (30) as Cejudo has total fights (17). He has over twice as many finishes (17 to 7). Overall, Mighty Mouse has a far better resume than Cejudo, and even if you consider Cejudo's split decision win against MM justified (many don't), you don't take someone's "Greatest of All Time" title just by beating them (otherwise six different people are all GOATs because they beat Fedor). Was Cejudo the flyweight champion at one point? Yes. Does that make him greater, all time, than MM? Absolutely not.

If you're arguing that he's the 135 GOAT, I would absolutely love to hear your rationale. One 135 fight in the UFC, against someone who wasn't a champion. Sure, he holds the belt now, but if that was all it took to be a GOAT, the UFC has about a dozen all-time greats right now, one for each weight class.

And if you're not arguing the first two points but are still insisting he's the GOAT, period, then I don't know what to say to you. You're on a completely different reality from the rest of us if that's the case.

no. i gave my opinion, and then you created a whole rebuttal of a post claiming how i'm wrong. so, since you started this, YOU prove it. i'll be waiting.

A person makes a claim. Another person refutes the claim, and the first person asks them to prove that the claim is not true. This is a fallacy.

In a logical argument, if someone states a claim, it is up to that person to prove the truth of his or her claim. I merely gave my opinion with several first hand experiences based on the postings of members during live play-by-play threads. I neither agreed, nor disagreed that I may be in the minority but I would like to know for sure that your claims are true. You did not convey that as an opinion, but as a factual statement.

I don't know how else to dumb it down for you. "PROVE I'M WRONG!" isn't away to change my mind or show that you're right. I could sit here and say that we're living in a gigantic teapot in the house of giant. If you can't prove me wrong then I must be right. Again, that would be a logical fallacy.

You said something is, I don't believe you. If you wish to change my mind it is 100% up to you to offer proof. Understand? It is your responsibility to show me how I'm in the minority as you have claimed. Graph it, come up with an algorithm, fucking film a documentary, call up Neil DeGrass Tyson........ I don't care how you do it.

Last edited:
Solid call out that he's shooting upwards.

Wouldn't mind Cejudo/Aldo or Cruz.

Henry talks too much while Dominick Cruz has too many injury issues. Yet, I'd like to see them fighting, hope Cruz can defeat him.

In a perfect world I'd like to see Marlon get his TS seeing as he got the nod or have Petr Yan fight Cejudo and have Jose and Cruz fight.

Marlon get a TS after he just got stopped by Henry? No thanks

Petr Yan is a much more compelling fight to make right now, even Cruz is would be better since its a fresh fight. Marlon can fight someone else in the mean time.

Aljo is on a winning streak, Corey is on a winning streak, plenty of fights at 135, not sure why you'd want to see a rematch vs Marlon.

Back