Dominick Cruz breaks down Diaz vs McGregor 2

giphy.gif

I'm a little tired of this guy thinking anyone gives a shit what he thinks.

Valid points made by Cruz.

I agree with him when he said that Conor needs to keep Nate on his back foot. I also agree with him when he said it'll come down to who has the better gas tank.

My prediction is similar to how the first one played out. Conor needs to start strong and hope he finishes his man early. If he doesn't finish him in the first two, it'll be a long (or short) night for him. Diaz has the sized and the volume on his side. I don't think Conor will be able to maintain a boxing distance and pick Diaz apart for the whole fight. He just doesn't have the pace, while Diaz has proven that he indeed does.

I have Diaz by 3rd or fourth round tko.

It is very interesting that people are already talking about a trilogy; Cruz also mentioned big money involved in that fight.

I'm sure Diaz understands that a lot of money will be left on the table if he beats Conor Again.... Financially, it'll be better for Diaz to lose the 2nd and fight a 3rd time. it's not like Nate has an undefeated record to protect.. Just food for thought...

I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for some 'funny business' come fight night.

Well. When Cruz talks, you shut your mouth and you listen eh... the guy knows a thing or 2 about MMA and fighting ;)

Just hope Nate won't lose "on purpose" because trilogy = more money

Last edited:
Just hope Nate won't lose "on purpose" because trilogy = more money
Was cruz really implying nate would throw the fight? It almost sounded like that a little bit didnt it?!

I don't think he was implying anything, but eh... fighters throwing fights for money (trilogy = more money) isn't exactly new either (see boxing). I don't think Diaz or the UFC are corrupted, but as a fan, that's always a thought that crosses my mind :eek: In the end, money is everything

Wow. Cruz got intensely competitive at the end of the interview. Gunning for Rogan's job, even. He seems like one of those guys that needs to win. I guess that is why he is champ, but come on. Relax! It is just an interview, Dom.

Also, I didn't think his analysis of the fight was all that accurate! Too much emphasis on who is going to keep up the pace, but doesn't acknowledge that people gas from strikes and from being mentally broken.

Cruz doesn't bother me at all with his confidence. He is also great at breaking down fights.

Maybe Cruz meant AT THE SAME TIME. As in, he's mic'd up and he's like, "see here, I'm dancing to his right, his weak side, then throwing a hook". Umph, "ducking down, going for his legs, when he is not expecting", WHACK. "This sets up my double". SLAM.

That would be a first.
Fucking awesome. I belly lol'd..... thanks......

Back