Dominick Cruz’s disgusting Elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the shit did everyone diagnose this? Never heard of it before

What the hell is this? He posted the video on his story. Cruz has the weirdest injuries man I swear

View attachment 840975
Pretty common injury for fighters (bursitis):
ufc100_09_gsp_vs_alves_001.jpg

Looks like bursitis but not sure

The problem becomes using it again too soon.

My brother iced + drained but then thought he could go back to throwing elbows in Muy Thai practice and that shit would just blow back up every single time.

Need to take significant time off or else you just keep rupturing that internal fluid sac or whatever the fuck it is and it goes right back to square one immediately.
Ya and if that doesn't work they go in there with a wire brush and make it heal shut(hurts like hell) getting ride of the fluid sack. It's not a fun trip

You got pretty lucky Sherbro; typically that shit is essentially "swollen" so it's incredibly tender and hurts to touch.

I guess so chief. I work in a secure unit with young offenders and I noticed the swelling after restraining someone.

I have had medial epicondylitis in both elbows since the late nineties and thought, fuck, this all I need but as I said it was painless and cleared up of it's own accord.

Appears to potentially be bursitis.

From what I've gathered in this thread its definitely not bursitis and Doms a pussy with a swollen elbow

Is there a doctor on sherdog who can diagnose this for us?

Bursitis:
Bursitis (bur-SY-tis) is a painful condition that affects the small, fluid-filled sacs — called bursae (bur-SEE) — that cushion the bones, tendons and muscles near your joints. Bursitis occurs when bursae become inflamed.
The most common locations for bursitis are in the shoulder, elbow and hip. But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your big toe. Bursitis often occurs near joints that perform frequent repetitive motion.
Treatment typically involves resting the affected joint and protecting it from further trauma. In most cases, bursitis pain goes away within a few weeks with proper treatment, but recurrent flare-ups of bursitis are common.

2002_Blog-Image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back