• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dom’s wrestling will be useless against Cejudo

Cejudo will win this clearly. He will follow a Garbrandt-style of gameplan. Cruz's striking is pretty awful and Cejudo is powerful.

I could be totally wrong because I haven’t watch a dom Cruz fight in years, but didn’t he have pretty solid striking?
I wouldnt call it striking, it's more like tag at the highest level.

50-45 Cruz

And he'll get a takedown in every round

IF Dominick comes back as usual, it will be a long night for Cejudo. Dominick is going to use his slipper hands all night long with ease. Cejudo won't find Dominick in the octagon for sure...

...IF Dominick comes back as usual...
I think Cody effectively showed what happens when you don't chase after Dom. Smart money is Henry.

dom hasn't used his wrestling since 2011.

he has absolutely no business fighting for a title: lose a title fight, sit out for four years, and get a title shot on return. ultimate fighting circus

Not sure what he thinks he’s going to accomplish here but I don’t see Dom ‘scoring’ in rounds with his TDs.

Without that element in his game, I don’t see him dancing away with a close decision because of that.

Besides he’s got marshmallow knees, I don’t think he even makes it to the ring.

If dj could grapple with cejudo..the bigger cruz can for sure..but that wont be his gameplan anyways...movement and counters will be his plan..catch cejudo rushing in

Prime cruz was a beast however i have a feeling he's shot to shit at this point will all his injuries and time out of the cage.

Its not just can Dominick defend the takedown, Cejudo has to be in position to even be able to attempt the takedown. Can Cejudo close the distance so he can attempt for a takedown? Dom already has the height/reach. Dom has really good footwork. Dom is good at controlling range. The only good thing for Cejudo is that Dom doesn't really have the most power, so Cejudo will have to eat a few if he wants to get on the inside. But still, going for singles and doubles against Dom is difficult, his footwork allows him to control the range and get in an out. Nobody is questioning Cejudo wrestling ability/credentials. But in wrestling, both guys are trying to engage in grappling. In MMA, you don't have to engage in grappling. How do you use your wrestling against some you can't even put your hands on?

But lets say Cejudo is able to close the distance and push Dom against the cage. Can he even get Dom down? Dom is no slouch in wrestling either.

I just see Dom peppering Cejudo from the outside all night to a unanimous decision. Dom may even throw in a takedown near the end of round 5 just to make a point.

But then again, my analysis of Cruz is one where Dominick was an active fighter. He hasn't fought since 2016.

A prime Dom got outstruck by a Mighty Mouse who hadn't reached his prime yet. Cejudo is a dangerous fight for him.

in straight wrestling sure thing but cruz like gsp sets his shots up so well gsp took down the bets cause he used a off balance shot he doesnt latch onto a leg or hip and work to bring you down khabib style guys who do that will lose to henry no doubt but a hard slamming double is a thing of balance your gonna fall i like both i feel cruz is a bit to bigfor henry

His movement while striking was a joy to watch, completely comfortable fighting on the back foot, especially in his comeback Vs TJ.. obviously hard to determine to whether he'll still be capable of it, 3 years later..

AnchoredKindheartedDolphin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o1r85uhbSK1upwz95o1_400.gifv

cruz-in-and-out-comp1.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso3_250.gif

cruz-doubles-up-and-level-change-then-escapes.gif

cruz-slide-step-countering-comps.gif
That was over 4 years ago. He's a 35 year old BW that hasn't fought in 3 1/2 years. Why don't you show highlights from his last fight?

A prime Dom got outstruck by a Mighty Mouse who hadn't reached his prime yet. Cejudo is a dangerous fight for him.

DJ did outstrike Dom, but Cejudo doesn't have the striking, speed or footwork DJ has.

But yea, I agree the Cejudo landing a bomb is more likely than him smothering Dom, I said it on page 2. It is going to be a striking match.

Dom only used them to score or to throw off his opponents anyways. He never used the TDs to to hold a dominant grappling position and grapple the whole round.

He has a perfect knee-tap TD he throws in his entries and has hit it on about every foe he has faced with it. Even if it doesnt get them down it gives them another look on the entry as opposed to a punch.

All that being said Id be surprised if he hit Henry with it. But if Dom comes out in good form, he may get Henry to touch the ground with it.

My stars, someone else actually watches the fights and remembers specifics about the fighters involved!

Seriously though, he's gotten everyone he's faced at least once with that knee tap.

Cruz will do his typical stumble around bullshit that will make all of the retards proclaim his 'footwork' is amazing. It will go to decision, and Cruz will probably win because he will have moved around the most.

If Dom is in good shape and mostly the fighter he used to be this is definitely a winnable one for him. Although being out so long doesn’t make me feel great about it.
He won a fight against a PED user Dillashaw after his last fight being almost 1.5 years before (it was 1 year, 3 months, 3 weeks).

I understand it's been a while, but if anyone has proved it, it has been Cruz.

I don't see how Cejudo is going to catch Cruz standing to do any damage as long as Cruz's movements are still there.
DJ was out striking Cruz. Cejudo is getting better every day.

His movement while striking was a joy to watch, completely comfortable fighting on the back foot, especially in his comeback Vs TJ.. obviously hard to determine to whether he'll still be capable of it, 3 years later..

AnchoredKindheartedDolphin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o1r85uhbSK1upwz95o1_400.gifv

cruz-in-and-out-comp1.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso3_250.gif

cruz-doubles-up-and-level-change-then-escapes.gif

cruz-slide-step-countering-comps.gif

And that was TJ at his best...

The 5+ years ago Dom might have had a chance. I think Dom pulls out again and retires. He should have retired already. I was a big Dom fan in the WEC and when he was UFC champ, but the guy needs to call it a day.

Back