*** Dolidze vs. Imavov Was Terrible Mega Thread ***

The entire card sucked and these Apex fights are wack. Can they not put it somewhere in Vegas with like 3,000 people?

The entire card sucked and these Apex fights are wack. Can they not put it somewhere in Vegas with like 3,000 people?
I heard they charge $1600 for some seats at the Apex. It must be a highly profitable venue.

so, what's the deal with the kick in the head that stopped the fight and could have brought a DQ ?

In France, every media was saying it was legal, but they coul be biased.

But with only the fingers on the ground and without any weight on it, wasn't this kick legal ?

too many lame way to skip the fight: fingers on the ground, fence clinching......

Under the unified rules you need both hands on the ground to be a grounded opponent. However, Vegas did not adopt this aspect of the unified rules. They have their own definition.

“We certainly didn’t agree with the both soles and both hands being down for a grounded opponent,” Bennett said. “We have one hand — weight-bearing — with two soles of the feet as the definition."

Key word here being "weight bearing." Dolidze had his fingers on the ground, but they were not bearing any weight. So it was a legal strike. Herb Dean fucked up

An example of the Vegas rule being applied correct was in Shevchenko v Grasso 2, where Grasso landed knees against Shevchenko when she had one hand on the ground

“After the show, I did speak to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and an official there told me that it is one hand, so [Shevchenko] is correct about that,” he continued. “The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’ And they also told me that between rounds they actually checked the replay, they said the yellow light was on and they were checking it.

“They checked it multiple times and they determined that all of the knees hit legally because the hand wasn’t flat, and / or weight bearing, and / or at times even on the mat when the knees were landing. So their determination was that those were not illegal knees.”

Under the unified rules you need both hands on the ground to be a grounded opponent. However, Vegas did not adopt this aspect of the unified rules. They have their own definition.

“We certainly didn’t agree with the both soles and both hands being down for a grounded opponent,” Bennett said. “We have one hand — weight-bearing — with two soles of the feet as the definition."

Key word here being "weight bearing." Dolidze had his fingers on the ground, but they were not bearing any weight. So it was a legal strike. Herb Dean fucked up

An example of the Vegas rule being applied correct was in Shevchenko v Grasso 2, where Grasso landed knees against Shevchenko when she had one hand on the ground

“After the show, I did speak to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and an official there told me that it is one hand, so [Shevchenko] is correct about that,” he continued. “The hand has to be flat on the mat or ‘weight bearing.’ And they also told me that between rounds they actually checked the replay, they said the yellow light was on and they were checking it.

“They checked it multiple times and they determined that all of the knees hit legally because the hand wasn’t flat, and / or weight bearing, and / or at times even on the mat when the knees were landing. So their determination was that those were not illegal knees.”
thank you for your answer.

but so, it brings another question: it was clear that dolidze wasn't putting any weight on his hand. he was barely touching the ground with his fingers while well anchored on his feets. so how could herb dean not see that it was a legal kick ? didn't he know the rule ?

i mean he deprived us and imavov of a finish there.

This is the first apex show I’ve watched in ages. Good idea to pass on them going forward
Yeah the Apex events are dreadful for the most part, I'm sick and tired of them. Apex was only for Covid Lockdown.. we are long past that now. We need real arenas with real fans, the Apex is so flat, it just kills all the buzz. There is no energy and it just makes every fight look so unimportant.

The whole entire point of sports is its supposed to have fans and have lots of energy and excitement, the Apex just takes all of that away, its just the TUF set

Look at the last event UFC 297, from the very first prelim the fans were so loud, there was so much energy and buzz. When you remove real human beings its just flat and has nothing about it. I'm surprised more people don't complain about Apex, its hurt the UFC cards badly. The fights don't look important!!

turrible-charles-barkley.gif

All this mediocre grappling by mid-level fighters, who’d be getting twisted in a pretzel vs actual good grapplers, is draining my will to watch.

Anyone else joining me in becoming a Just Bleed adherent?
I've been where you're at for like 2 years now and it doesn't get any better. I've been watching One Championship and boxing and less UFC. There's like 3 shitty UFC cards for every one good UFC card these days. No real stars anymore and the outdated rule set doesn't help either.

Dolidze is painfully mediocre. But Imamov is very good, his cardio is his biggest problem.

some fights were cool, but the main event sucked HARD and i didn't get putting roman dolidze vs imavov as the headliner

both are borderline top10 MW's and i think these free cards needed atleast one big fight

Herb was terrible: if he had stopped the fight after the first 20 ground strikes in r1 today we would be talking about a great performance.

Back