*** Dolidze vs. Imavov Was Terrible Mega Thread ***

We don't have squrriels in Australia
it's also spelt Bush

I agree with everything else you said
“Grey squirrels (Sciurus carolinensis), which are the ones you'll find in New York's Central Park, were introduced to Melbourne in 1880, and then again to Ballarat in 1937.”

“Grey squirrels (Sciurus carolinensis), which are the ones you'll find in New York's Central Park, were introduced to Melbourne in 1880, and then again to Ballarat in 1937.”
Melbourne was destroyed in world war 2 and Ballarat is a ghost town

MW division has always been the worst. This much is known.

They don’t have to be (horrible) but they make it that way. Crowds are very much needed but honestly that place (Apex) is souless.

Would that event, in Buffalo or Grand Rapids, be any better? When you are running 40 events a year, does the organization have the depth of talent to make cards good every week? Probably not.

The Apex events were fun in 2020 during the pandemic. It was a novelty and something new and different. The sounds, hearing the corner, the silence... It was cool. I 100% agree that it takes away from events now though. The novelty has worn out.

But I still think the biggest issue is the sheer number of events. Dilution equals mediocrity. It's the price we pay for nearly weekly events.

I missed the card, but it sounded like a shite main event - it was terribly mediocre on paper as well.

They don’t have to be (horrible) but they make it that way. Crowds are very much needed but honestly that place (Apex) is souless.
This is from the APEX wiki:
"In late January of 2022, there was an article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal stating the UFC Apex plans to expand seating up to 1,000 people, adding food / alcohol service, ticket sales, souvenir shop, along with adding extra parking.[9]"
This was over 2 years ago and they still havent implemented these changes, i have no idea why especially since they clearly arent planning on getting out of there anytime soon.

This is from the APEX wiki:
"In late January of 2022, there was an article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal stating the UFC Apex plans to expand seating up to 1,000 people, adding food / alcohol service, ticket sales, souvenir shop, along with adding extra parking.[9]"
This was over 2 years ago and they still havent implemented these changes, i have no idea why especially since they clearly arent planning on getting out of there anytime soon.
Because a huge bulk of their financials are based on the ESPN deal which means events.

Road show events do mean money but they mean expenses. PPVs in locations and select Fight Nights in locations is probably the best financial model for the UFC right now.

Shit card. And it's not because I barely recognized any names. I didn't know a single name for BKFC on Friday and it was a great show with many carcasses.
Give me ONE and BKFC over yesterday's shit show anytime

Yes, that was truly awful.

The main event was bewildering. Imavov looked more than capable of stinging Roman from the outside, but for some reason would land a good shot, then bounce around a bit, throw a jab and then clinch up again. Why?

It was such a confusing fight. for 90% of the fight, Roman looked absolutely outclassed, like he didnt have a chance of throwing a punch fast enough to even hit Imavov. But then at the end, he found a bit more speed suddenly and was able to sting Imavov once again.

Being confused as to what was actually happening was the only thing keeping me watching. The entertainment value sure wasnt.

Yes, that was truly awful.

The main event was bewildering. Imavov looked more than capable of stinging Roman from the outside, but for some reason would land a good shot, then bounce around a bit, throw a jab and then clinch up again. Why?

It was such a confusing fight. for 90% of the fight, Roman looked absolutely outclassed, like he didnt have a chance of throwing a punch fast enough to even hit Imavov. But then at the end, he found a bit more speed suddenly and was able to sting Imavov once again.

Being confused as to what was actually happening was the only thing keeping me watching. The entertainment value sure wasnt.

Your fuckin AV is a masterpiece sir lol.

Oh...and happy 18th Sherdog anniversary today brother ;)

Your fuckin AV is a masterpiece sir lol.

Oh...and happy 18th Sherdog anniversary today brother ;)

Dude, what a fuckin post to read, thanks homie! Didn't realize it was my Sherthday! Almost!

Much love sir!

This was worthless trash.

Roman is a Busch league fighter with zero understanding of distance and striking fundamentals.
Imavov has the killer instinct of an Australian squirrel. A 70 year old with erectile dysfunction would've finished sooner.
Garbage. Wasted my time.

I should've watched the Bucks Mavs first half.
Can't believe I missed Luka dropping 30 pts for this. I will maybe only watch ppv cards moving forward.

Cards are getting worse. Mid ranked fighters are Busch League. It's dead.
Roman’s striking is literally, close your eyes throw looping shots and hope for the best. He was exposed so badly I don’t even view him as a contender now.

Back