• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law DOJ Finally Going After Ticketmaster

When I went to buy a ticket last year I couldn't believe all the crazy fees and how restrictive their terms of service were. I decided out of principle I needed to use another provider even if the price was just as bad. It was basically impossible to find an alternative so I had to use some sketchy website where fans resell tickets to each other.

Glad this is happening to them, smash em up.

I'd like to see more competition in the live-venue ticket marketplace.

That written, if the pubic is willing to purchase all the tickets at those prices, they are exactly where they should be (or at least, they are not over-priced).

Last edited:
Did their lobbyists' check get lost in the mail this month? Psychopathic company like this didn't get where it is without friends in high places.

Inb4 the lawsuit doesn't work, thus enshrining Ticketmaster's practices as untouchable forever.

Live nation dropped like $2.4m in lobbying SINCE the investigation began. Seems they dont share this general nonchalance over it.

Yeah no kidding. That's the dog and pony show. Pretend like you're going to come down on Ticketmaster. Have Ticketmaster fork over a bunch of bribe money and then do fuck all to actually help the general public, who are the ones that get scammed by Ticketmaster.

You really think that the Government just randomly decided to crack down on this obvious scam when they've been running it for decades? C'mon now.

Yeah no kidding. That's the dog and pony show. Pretend like you're going to come down on Ticketmaster. Have Ticketmaster fork over a bunch of bribe money and then do fuck all to actually help the general public, who are the ones that get scammed by Ticketmaster.

You really think that the Government just randomly decided to crack down on this obvious scam when they've been running it for decades? C'mon now.

I mean, it has been one of the Biden admin's policy ambitions so far this term to go after companies with all kinds of bullshit "junk fees" as a more direct way to combat inflation.

Sauce: FoxBiznez

I wonder why it took 30 years to do it.

Only laser eyes Biden could pull this off. 4 more years!
I've decided that the reason our government takes so long to go after these kinds of people is to give them plenty of time to rack in the money first. I think it's one big understanding.

I've decided that the reason our government takes so long to go after these kinds of people is to give them plenty of time to rack in the money first. I think it's one big understanding.
The answer is much more mundane and most the blame can be laid on Bork and his disciples. Antitrust has been in a horrid state for decades and is only really gaining teeth again the past couple of years.

I mean, it has been one of the Biden admin's policy ambitions so far this term to go after companies with all kinds of bullshit "junk fees" as a more direct way to combat inflation.

I'm all for going after them. I just want them to see it through. Making news headlines and then striking a deal behind the scenes to keep them going does nothing to help the American people.

I'm all for going after them. I just want them to see it through. Making news headlines and then striking a deal behind the scenes to keep them going does nothing to help the American people.
And why do deals have to be struck so often? Because courts force it You know...the courts that the GOP has been stacking for decades with "consumer welfare" judges that are hostile to antitrust.

And why do deals have to be struck so often? Because courts force it You know...the courts that the GOP has been stacking for decades with "consumer welfare" judges that are hostile to antitrust.

Yeah yeah I know. It's all the right wingers fault. I mean the left has had more than ample amount of time to "fix" everything but they never do.

Let me let you in on a little secret. They are both pro corporations. Pro monopolies. Pro receiving bribes. Both bought and paid for. I know it's difficult to understand that as a naive little partisan but it just is what it is.

Yeah yeah I know. It's all the right wingers fault. I mean the left has had more than ample amount of time to "fix" everything but they never do.

Let me let you in on a little secret. They are both pro corporations. Pro monopolies. Pro receiving bribes. Both bought and paid for. I know it's difficult to understand that as a naive little partisan but it just is what it is.
No one said Democrats are blameless for lax antitrust enforcement. But what prominent conservative scholars today part of the New Brandeis movement or arguing for tougher antitrust enforcement? The consumer welfare school is inseparable from conservative politics and the Chicago School, which again, is a conservative movement.

Back