Crime DOJ Files charges against four cops in the Breonna Taylor case for falsifying the arrest warrant

This aged well.

Can't find the breonna Taylor thread but wow, a lot of you right wing dorks are eating crow on this one. Turns out the cops lied to get the warrant. Your whole story about her taking packages for the exboyfriend are made up, fake news.

Ex-LMPD officer pleads guilty to federal charge related to Breonna Taylor’s killing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wfpl.o...harge-related-to-breonna-taylors-killing/amp/

This is nothing new and changes nothing on what I said.

Are we pretending both sides dont do the same tactics? Like when they showed pics of Trayvon when he was like 12 years old in a school photo, instead of a 17 year old smoking weed? Pics of Breonna smiling in a nurse outfit, as opposed to holding a gun and dating a drug dealer? Both sides do this.

A picture of an American holding an AR is literally the most law abiding, pro-America, patriotic picture a person a post. You simply need to look at the photos and TV ads for Republican politicians to see that.

A picture of an American holding an AR is literally the most law abiding, pro-America, patriotic picture a person a post. You simply need to look at the photos and TV ads for Republican politicians to see that.
Big double standard when it comes to posing with guns. If you're white, that just means you're a salt of the earth patriot. If you're black, you're a criminal or a terrorist or something.

34127374-8816249-In_one_text_message_to_Walker_Taylor_sent_an_image_of_herself_wi-a-37_1602138665485.jpg

Say her name
Queen Breonna bless.
Ah there it is. Ad when black people have guns. Your true colors are showing <Moves>

People really should read the linked article. If anyone ever wonders why entire communities do not trust LEOs, this is a textbook example of how trust gets destroyed.

I think the following quote is really insightful as well:
Det. Goodlett had been ostracized early in her career for attempting to report a fellow officer's use of excessive force, so she decided not to call Det. Jaynes out on this lie, as Det. Jaynes was the lead detective on the case," the plea agreement says.
This detective knew there was bad information but prior pressure from colleagues had converted someone who tried to do the right thing into someone who ignored open wrongdoing. When people say "one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch", this is the antithesis of that. A couple of bad apples somewhere in the past spoiled what could have been a good officer who might have set a new and better example.

I think that part saddened me the most. Not the cop falsifying shit on the warrant but this statement on how this officer went from decent to inappropriate in her environment. The rest of it is the standard false warrant info you'd expect.

Also, people keep saying that they announced themselves but this article says the asked for a no-knock warrant. Why ask for a no-knock warrant and then execute the opposite of it? I feel bad for the 2 cops who actually killed Taylor since it appears they had no idea that warrant had been falsified. Lastly, I know it's not feasible but my emotional side really wishes the 2 detectives who knowingly falsified the warrant request would be charged with murder. Not going to happen, don't think it can happen legally either.

People really should read the linked article. If anyone ever wonders why entire communities do not trust LEOs, this is a textbook example of how trust gets destroyed.

I think the following quote is really insightful as well:

This detective knew there was bad information but prior pressure from colleagues had converted someone who tried to do the right thing into someone who ignored open wrongdoing. When people say "one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch", this is the antithesis of that. A couple of bad apples somewhere in the past spoiled what could have been a good officer who might have set a new and better example.

I think that part saddened me the most. Not the cop falsifying shit on the warrant but this statement on how this officer went from decent to inappropriate in her environment. The rest of it is the standard false warrant info you'd expect.

Also, people keep saying that they announced themselves but this article says the asked for a no-knock warrant. Why ask for a no-knock warrant and then execute the opposite of it? I feel bad for the 2 cops who actually killed Taylor since it appears they had no idea that warrant had been falsified. Lastly, I know it's not feasible but my emotional side really wishes the 2 detectives who knowingly falsified the warrant request would be charged with murder. Not going to happen, don't think it can happen legally either.
The saying was originally "a few bad apples spoils the bunch" so it was always kind of funny and silly that Blue Lives Matter dopes would cite that saying of all ones to defend cops.

And yeah of course something like this hurts trust. Certain right wingers love to point to the no snitching culture in black communities as the root of the problem. I agree that its not helping but there's a similar no snitching culture among cops so why would the community trust them? These communities are expected to risk themselves by testifying against gangbangers but with no expectation that cops will hold their own accountable to the point of negligently facilitating death in the black community?

I find it amazing how different right wingers react to a search warrant that ended with a black woman killed vs one that ended with some boxes of documents and passports taken from a disgraced former president.

Back