Social Doesn't freedom inevitably lead to inequality?

Freedom is not possible
Capitalism lead to inequality
Communism lead to inequality too

World would be SO better if people stops focus on abstract bullshit and ask for concrete solutions lol

But this would imply have people that don't see themselves as part of an ideology or party, good luck with that

Yes, and then when you have too much inequality, you lose your freedom.

I'm not sure how progressives think you can have freedom, while at the same time, make sure everyone has a good job, good healthcare, and a decent place to live.
How much freedom do you think you'd actually give up if you had universal health care? Would that impede your freedom of speech? Freedom of movement? Your freedom to participate in the democratic process? What freedom specifically would be violated by moving to universal healthcare?

I'm not sure how progressives think you can have freedom, while at the same time, make sure everyone has a good job, good healthcare, and a decent place to live.
Here's the thing, here's the thing:

Freedom actually comes in two varieties: positive and negative.

Negative freedom means no one is stopping you from doing something. Positive freedom means you have the ability to do something.

So, for example, I am "free" to fly like a bird in the first sense, but not in the second sense.

In our society we often overlook this point. For example, if we had government run health care and we didn't need to rely on employers for our insurance, we'd all be much more FREE (in the positive sense) to do things like taking the risk to leave a job or pursue a passion full time.

So, having a certain basic level of equality actually increases all sorts of freedoms.

Back