Does the ufc need to sign more 170 fighters?

Do they?

• Total voters
There are 74 WW's on the roster already. We don't need 90 WW's. 70-75 is an ideal range.

Thsts why I'm looking forward to see if Kham " runs through" Burns or not. Oddsmakers seem to agree with you . Khamzat does his thing and they have 2 legit fresh challengers .This could be the fight where the press clippings of khamzat are not only stamped but could set up enormous title fight where a healthy percentage of people could be picking khamzat.

I give credit to Burns ( and who knows - I think hes losing - but who knows). A top contender had to share cage with this guy and lets OFFICIALLY see what we have.
100%

I have a ton of respect for Burns if that fight becomes official. That's the epitome of a "high risk, low reward" fight and he seems to be game for it.

And if (when) Khamzat smeshes Burns, he'll get the next title shot, no questions asked. And as you say, he will likely be the favorite over Usman because of the hype and his style.

There's not too many fights where a challenger is a favorite over a champion with title defenses. Ngannou was a favorite over Stipe, and I think Conor was a favorite over Eddie and about even with Aldo, but I can't think of too many other fights where that happened. Lesnar vs Mir II maybe?

100%

I have a ton of respect for Burns if that fight becomes official. That's the epitome of a "high risk, low reward" fight and he seems to be game for it.

And if (when) Khamzat smeshes Burns, he'll get the next title shot, no questions asked. And as you say, he will likely be the favorite over Usman because of the hype and his style.

There's not too many fights where a challenger is a favorite over a champion with title defenses. Ngannou was a favorite over Stipe, and I think Conor was a favorite over Eddie and about even with Aldo, but I can't think of too many other fights where that happened. Lesnar vs Mir II maybe?

Izzy was favourite over Whittaker, but he was already interim champ so that's different.

Wonderboy was also a slight favourite over Woodley IIRC.

100%

Actually has happened more than u think - machida over Evans
Rory was a healthy fave over Lawler ( both )..
Jones over shogun

Those off top of head ....

*sorry/ u said with defenses.

I'd assume he meant some would be cut to make way for new ones.
This happens naturally. UFC has 11 (12*) divisions to think about and due to the high number of fighters at LW and WW there are more WW and LW fights. Turnover in these divisions for example is already higher than say womens bantamweight.

Last edited:
Back